View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Bring back Tyrants and Stryll Devastators 

NPC enough before rank 1200 and you'll have more than enough Stryll Seekers, unless you waste them on mediocre scan run amounts(less than 400 planets each time) or using limited scan items for PvP or any other stupid purpose. They're for scanning planets only people.

Also, you get crimson amp's from flamehawks.

Proof of both? Well i'm rank 3734. I hit rank 1201 around 2 years, 8 months ago.

Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 3539)

Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 216) < That is enough for 2 per week for 128 weeks, or just over 2 years.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Jessica wrote:
I don't think Crimson Tyrants and Stryll Devastators should ever disappear at a certain rank. What's wrong with more Crimson amps and Stryll Seekers? Especially the latter, since you can get amps sometimes from the flamehawks. But the seekers you can't ever get after 1201 which isn't really fair :/

why isn't it fair ? those rank limits have been known for years now. http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Ranks

at rank 995, i have:
Non-Player Kills 76718
Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 547)
Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 403)

planning ahead pays off in this game ... this game is all about choices .. there are always trade.offs.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:04 am
Profile WWW

Planning can do you a lot of good:

At rank 856:
Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 519)
Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 261)

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:27 am

Rank 1177

Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 602)
Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 412)

Should do me for a bit :D

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:08 am

Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 1376) isnt a problem, kill enougth Crimson Flamehawk, and you will gain more of them then you use
and if you dont kill NPC, it's your own problem if you run out of them

Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 706) could become a problem, but if I use 1 pr week, my stock will last me 13.5 years, so it more a question of saving them for when you realy need them
for daily scan bufs you have, Tachyon Cylinder (+50 scan), Subspace Seeker (+175 scan), Continuum Beacon (+15%), Trovar Zane, Elite Tracer (+5%) and the Universal Service Terminal boost (Wednesday+Saturday) Sensory Calibration (+6% scan)

so use the options the game give you instead of complaining

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 am

simple fix would be making them a share-able artifact, there would be a big market for those shares :P

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:05 am

+1 to eliminating rank caps on those npcs and sharing artifact

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:31 am

detregets wrote:
+1 to eliminating rank caps on those npcs and sharing artifact

NO thanks

whats next then ?,
bring back Crimson Hawk, Crimson Overlord, Dark Warper, Drannik Replicator, Ionic Battleship, Sha'din Raptor, T.O. Patrol Cruiser and all the other crap NPC's you lost at rank 600 to 1000

if you want something that drops Stryll Seeker, give us a new rank 1000+ Rare/uncommon NPC that drops them instead

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 am

heck if you scanned twice a week to coincide with the ust buff, that would still mean 200 seekers would last about 2 years...not sure wht the worry is here.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm

rank 1398
Crimson Amplifier (Uses Left: 1394)
Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 745)

just kill npcs before you outrank them

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Geez....what is the deal with players in this game. How is the fact that seekers disappear after a certain rank "unfair" to anyone, as per the OP? We all know the rules, we all play by the same rules (well MOST of us), and make choices/plans accordingly.....Or, we SHOULD be doing so anyway.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:24 pm

I see no need for Tyrants, as you can get their drop (albeit rarely) from Flamehawks.

But while I see no need for Seekers, It'd sure be nice to see Devastators (or better: a higher/final ranked variant with random drops) stick around. I'll never run out of seekers, cause I NPC... but if I were more interested in missions, PVP, basing, whatever under rank 1200, it'd be good to know I could still attain seekers through active NPCing, rather than being SOL and finger-waggled by others.

:o

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 pm

I didn't do a lot of NPCing early on as a player and therefore I didn't get the chance to get a lot of seekers. I wish I had, but it's too late now

I say something is unfair and you guys go all crazy on me...sheesh....can't people have an opinion?

I don't see why there couldn't at least be a higher ranked variant of the devastator. But whatever. It's not like that will become true any time soon, since I've yet to see a major suggestion be implemented around here...

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Jessica wrote:
I didn't do a lot of NPCing early on as a player and therefore I didn't get the chance to get a lot of seekers. I wish I had, but it's too late now

I say something is unfair and you guys go all crazy on me...sheesh....can't people have an opinion?

I don't see why there couldn't at least be a higher ranked variant of the devastator. But whatever. It's not like that will become true any time soon, since I've yet to see a major suggestion be implemented around here...

I hope that this won't sound mean, but you made a suggestion in a public forum. I didn't see anyone "go crazy on [you]", I saw criticism of the idea and criticism of the part of your post that said "it's not really fair". Everyone has to progress through ranks 1-1199 to get to rank 1200, so everyone has the same opportunities to amass a hoard of (particularly) stryll seekers prior to when they disappear, especially if they invested the time and effort into researching what artifacts are limited and in what way.

That said, though I personally will probably never need more stryll seekers than I already have, maybe Dan could add a next level of the Devastator with a rare drop chance of the seeker (something like 90-95% nothing, 5-10% seeker).

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:41 pm

RigorMortis wrote:
Jessica wrote:

I hope that this won't sound mean, but you made a suggestion in a public forum. I didn't see anyone "go crazy on [you]", I saw criticism of the idea and criticism of the part of your post that said "it's not really fair". Everyone has to progress through ranks 1-1199 to get to rank 1200, so everyone has the same opportunities to amass a hoard of (particularly) stryll seekers prior to when they disappear, especially if they invested the time and effort into researching what artifacts are limited and in what way.

That said, though I personally will probably never need more stryll seekers than I already have, maybe Dan could add a next level of the Devastator with a rare drop chance of the seeker (something like 90-95% nothing, 5-10% seeker).

This. How is it unfair if everyone had the same opportunities? Now, if you were singled-out and they disappeared for you at rank 200 and everyone else at rank 1200, yeah, THAT would be unfair. In reality everyone had the same opportunities so there is no "unfair" aspect whatsoever.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Jessica wrote:
I say something is unfair and you guys go all crazy on me...sheesh....can't people have an opinion?.

unfair ?
no one sayd this game was fair, but it all about choice and consequenses of that choice

kill to few NPC's at low rank and yoy dont pick up enougth artifacts like the Stryll Seeker
kill to many NPC, and it will make you rank fast, making PvP hard for you..
so pick your poison..

add decks early, and you can gain stats and will be able to help with some LM's - but you will get beaten up in PvP by SSB ships
do a SSB build, and you will have a strong PvP ship, but you wont be able to help mutch with bases and LM's
again, pick your poison

you made the Choice of not killing NPC early, so dont complain if that gives you problems later in the game
all the info is avalible on wiki, so it shouldnt realy be a suprice to anyone that once you get to rank 1200 you can no longer pick up Stryll Seeker

if you dont like the choices you made early in the game - you basickly have 3 choices

1. whine and quit
2. reset, and use the knoledge you acumilated to build a stronger ship
or
3. use the options and recurces avalible to make up for the mistakes you made and take your ship in the direction you want it to go

personaly I dont quit or take the easy road...

when I started playing this game, theire was no badges to get from PvP
so when we got the battlemarked modules I was stuck with a large energy/NPC killing ship build that wasnt realy designed for PvP
it took some time, but the only battle marked system I havent maxed is the CK69 Assault Sentry

the point is, you dont need Stryll Seeker to scan for planets
colect 1000 Star Chart Purger, and you can scan around 1100 planets, even if you only have 3000 scan, as long as you have the 5000 energy needed to purge them during the scan run

the only time where high scan is realy makes any difrence is when you find and try to lock a cloaked enemy planet
but these days most project planets are running 30.000+ cloak, making them imposible to scan no matter how many scan boosts you run

yes they are nice to have, but it not the end of the world once your stock runs out

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]