View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Adapt The Klorvis Aftermath to Current GL Playstyle 

The Klorvis Aftermath offers some cool treats, but with so many of the daily players dreading the loss of certain NPCs and shrinking PVP pools as they rank, the rewards it offers are not worth the experience it grants -- lotsa players only do it until they receive their Omni-Field Regulators then stop forever... and that's if they do it at all.

I think it would be more appealing and receive a lot more love from daily players if:

The experience return is cut in half

- OR -

The Klorvis Supply Conduit is upgraded to give a 3-4 days (random) production boost, rather than just 2.

Just two very simple changes that, IMO, would make the rewards worth the XP return, and please a lot of GL players.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
The Klorvis Aftermath offers some cool treats, but with so many of the daily players dreading the loss of certain NPCs and shrinking PVP pools as they rank, the rewards it offers are not worth the experience it grants -- lotsa players only do it until they receive their Omni-Field Regulators then stop forever... and that's if they do it at all.

I think it would be more appealing and receive a lot more love from daily players if:

The experience return is cut in half

- OR -

The Klorvis Supply Conduit is upgraded to give a 3-4 days (random) production boost, rather than just 2.

Just two very simple changes that, IMO, would make the rewards worth the XP return, and please a lot of GL players.

I'll +1 anything that suggests less exp gained.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:56 pm

im in, ive done the mission closing on 200 times, but use it more as a filler...if exp cut in half id do it daily

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:57 am

Done it 697 times .
+1 to conduit upgrade. Maybe add a chance of random encounter with klorvis ships?

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:15 am

detregets wrote:
Done it 697 times .
+1 to conduit upgrade. Maybe add a chance of random encounter with klorvis ships?
While I would love something like that (well, depending on what the drops are!), I just don't see Dan adding new NPCs as a % outcome for an old daily mission.

The reason I stuck with XP or lengthening conduit time was cause it's such a simple change, and there is a precedent for Dan nerfing XP returns on missions and for changing up artifacts stats when they just don't have enough oomph to be worthwhile for players (e.g. Litheor Deep Phase Probes, Morphogenic Suits).

So as cool as I think more NPCs would be, I think it takes this from "reasonable suggestion that can be implemented quickly and easily" to "neato suggestions that's never, ever gonna happen."

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:52 am

The Klorvis Aftermath
0 / 10 Completion Level: 897

Rewards are find as is (Tech/Temp production). I would rather see new npc's.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:00 pm

says the guy 4000 levels above everyone else.....not a slam, but a different perspective....once you outpace all the other stuff, what difference does it make to you what the exp output is..

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:29 am

Big no to the first one......there doesn't need to be anymore xp reduction!!!

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:03 am
Profile WWW

Jessica wrote:
Big no to the first one......there doesn't need to be anymore xp reduction!!!

Wowsers, 3 exclamation marks, they must really know what they are talking about!!!!
Double wowsers, now I have 4 :)

I think either/or of the original ideas has definite merit, speaking as one of the people who:
a) can actually do the mission incredibly easily, and
b) as someone who very seldom does because for me the xp gained is simply not worth the rewards

Neither of the proposed changes are particularly over-powered and either of the suggestions seem entirely reasonable to me.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:36 am

the purger mission xp nerf was intended to slow down the auto.rankers. i don't think anyone is auto.ranking off of the klorvis mission.

with the current xp to run the klorvis mission (8200 xp), i am willing to invade planets to extract klorvis shroud generators.

if that xp were to be nerfed, i would likely no longer invade those planets, so i am okay with maintaining the current setup.

that said, i have no problem with a boost to the klorvis supply conduit if it means there are more shroud generators available for me to target for extraction ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am
Profile WWW

Have done that mission 1272 times , don't mind if the xp changes - would like new items from it , or be able to upgrade the existing ones .
Maybe from the lab , e.g. Dan makes new lab item that use some of the klorvis drops combined with normal artis or other existing lab items to make all new types .

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:24 am

I think a xp nerf on this would be a good thing. I have yet to do it even once, the rewards dont justify the xp given in my view.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:39 am

Wow i cant believe all you guys are passing on the klorvis mission. To me the coduit alone is worth it. The troop gate is cool for my maxed toxics as they have 2 lazuli darkmines and a toxic processor . sittin at 30k attack power no one touches them. As for the shroud its good to boost cloak on my storage planets and plasmas. The ship module is good cuz it has scan and scraps for a decent amount of ctp. Crazy to pass this mission up

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:19 pm

detregets wrote:
Wow i cant believe all you guys are passing on the klorvis mission. To me the coNduit alone is worth it. The troop gate is cool for my maxed toxics as they have 2 lazuli darkmines and a toxic processor . sittin at 30k attack power no one touches them. As for the shroud its good to boost cloak on my storage planets and plasmas. The ship module is good cuz it has scan and scraps for a decent amount of ctp. Crazy to pass this mission up

i am glad that there are players that think the way you do. otherwise i wouldn't be able to steal the KSGs and KTGs off of their planets.

8200 xp is the equivalent of 16 star chart purgers, 16 thetacron traps, or 4 temporal flux orbs. those are all repeatable missions that i find preferable to the klorvis mission, at least until i pass rank 1200 and can no longer build up my stockpile of stryll seekers. Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 585)

the scan mod is 2.85 scan per deck, so i will eventually get it, but at the moment, i only have the decks to fit the scan mods down to the first tevul's core (3.00 scan per deck). so i need another 76 decks before i can start fitting the OFRs on .. which all take another 84 decks. so it will be another 80 ranks (rank 1236) until i can fit them all in. and that is only if i do not acquire ANY of the legion mission scan mods that i am currently pursuing.

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

to be honest i kinda do / kinda dont want to see the xp change,
like most people rank 1k and over i can auto rank off of NPCs, and a short while ago i found i could auto rank off of missions that didnt ascribe to the new 1:1 xp:energy ratio, which was nice, and I got used to that. This is neither a good or bad thing, just what is.

however with stuff like the raix chain, and this newest bi-weekly chain that has concluded, the klorvis mission has provided a very valuable service, in that I can use that to help me push through daily ranks - when i dont have time to npc for hours - and still be able to do the relevant daily missions each day, and still ensure that i can show up for my part on legion missions, and bases.

For those of us without an exuberance of energy that want to be able to do all the things at all of the times, without having to sit in front of the screen clickity clackity away it provides a very needed filler to get us over the hurtle to the next rank so we can continue to be active, even on our most inactive of days.

on the other hand, yes this does burn our time to look for seekers, and terraformers.
double edged sword, it sucks.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:11 pm

senatorhung wrote:
detregets wrote:
Wow i cant believe all you guys are passing on the klorvis mission. To me the coNduit alone is worth it. The troop gate is cool for my maxed toxics as they have 2 lazuli darkmines and a toxic processor . sittin at 30k attack power no one touches them. As for the shroud its good to boost cloak on my storage planets and plasmas. The ship module is good cuz it has scan and scraps for a decent amount of ctp. Crazy to pass this mission up

i am glad that there are players that think the way you do. otherwise i wouldn't be able to steal the KSGs and KTGs off of their planets.

8200 xp is the equivalent of 16 star chart purgers, 16 thetacron traps, or 3 temporal flux orbs. those are all repeatable missions that i find preferable to the klorvis mission, at least until i pass rank 1200 and can no longer build up my stockpile of stryll seekers. Stryll Seeker (Uses Left: 585)

the scan mod is 2.85 scan per deck, so i will eventually get it, but at the moment, i only have the decks to fit the scan mods down to the first tevul's core (3.00 scan per deck). so i need another 76 decks before i can start fitting the OFRs on .. which all take another 84 decks. so it will be another 80 ranks (rank 1236) until i can fit them all in. and that is only if i do not acquire ANY of the legion mission scan mods that i am currently pursuing.

dude if you really need them , maybe we could strike a deal. do you have any of my crappy planets scanned ? i could drop 2 on them for ya

Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:35 pm

detregets wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

dude if you really need them , maybe we could strike a deal. do you have any of my crappy planets scanned ? i could drop 2 on them for ya

sadly, none of the enemy planets i have on scan are owned by you (i even checked the 42 crappy planets that are not worth an invasion).

i have one colossal 17x plasma lined up ... over 20k defense so none of our trainees could take it. so i will invade it .. strip off the 2 taltherian archives and 1 KSG, then abandon and alert for a trainee. everyone wins.

_____________Image

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

detregets wrote:
Wow i cant believe all you guys are passing on the klorvis mission. To me the coduit alone is worth it. The troop gate is cool for my maxed toxics as they have 2 lazuli darkmines and a toxic processor . sittin at 30k attack power no one touches them. As for the shroud its good to boost cloak on my storage planets and plasmas. The ship module is good cuz it has scan and scraps for a decent amount of ctp. Crazy to pass this mission up

This explains so much... you still think troop gateways and shrouds are a decent use of XP.
"Boosting cloak on storage planets and plasmas"?
I am sorry for your loss sir.

How's about you stick with your way of playing and others stick with theirs?
"Crazy to pass this mission up"? - I think not.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:25 pm

im baffled at invading to steal klorivs shroud generators??? wtf? i laugh and move on... if i knew i could get planets stolen for putting that on them id be packing it like no ones business... 5gp to abandon, plus invade cost for a semi free arti drop that isnt that good? wow....THIS explains much as well

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 pm

juiceman wrote:
im baffled at invading to steal klorivs shroud generators??? wtf? i laugh and move on... if i knew i could get planets stolen for putting that on them id be packing it like no ones business... 5gp to abandon, plus invade cost for a semi free arti drop that isnt that good? wow....THIS explains much as well

200 cloak for 1 space ? that is a decent cloak building. would i invade a planet only for KSGs ? hell no. but they will make a planet more attractive to invade if there are other worthy artis to strip or if the base planet production warrants a looksee.

out of the unlimited cloak artis, they are only beaten by:
siltion t-plasma vesicle
dark null beacon
resonance inhibitor
b'elna's altar

they are tied by:
adumbrate station
isolation bureau (solo.scanned)
crimson rift aperture (1 rift or less)
dormant tenebris relic (upgraded)
siladon suppressor

and they are better than these at 150 cloak per space, some of which require plenty of badges or a race change:
dark anti-beacon
litheor deep-phase probe
nexus command center
quantum accelerator (100%)
silthion gas vesicle

_____________Image

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next