View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 make ravyns ability relevant 

Its fair to say that ravyns rank 100 ability isnt great, and quite a few people are very disappointed having bought it to get what is essentialy not going to be used at all, so im going to suggest a change to the ability to make it more useful to the people who purchased it.

Given ravyns personality seems focused around extracting information on enemy targets my suggestion is, in the vein of the nanoshearing sensors provision of a chance at additional artifacts;

Clandestine plot: Engages ravyn as support for your hostile activities against enemy ships. While hacking in the next hour you have a chance to gain additional information. 80 hour cooldown

Ie each time you hack a enemy you may gain, at no extra cost to the ship your attacking, additional new artifacts. Say theres a 2%*(Hacking pvp % bonus when hacking) proc rate on getting an additional artifact each time you perform one of these actions and the effect does not forcibly expire the moment you proc the first of the pvp run.

Note: I have left raiding off as an effect to the same effect would be a good vision possiblity for the oruras eye ally.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:36 pm

my suggestion for a artifact drop from the ability:

Bralkir location data: Locates a bralkir deacon npc

Bralkir deacon. Rank 500, hull 250k, defence 20k, attack 20k
Can be raixed.
Drops:
20%, Be'lenas temple. planet structure, size 1, artifact 1. be'lenas favour: When installed this structure gains a production bonus of 1% for each bralkirr and pvp badge structure installed on this planet (nexus and heist). this maxes out at 5% but that requires the race restricted tenebris late timeline task drop so is closer to a 4% bonus in real terms.
Bralkirr fervor extract 40% chance. Instills the fervor of the bralkirr clan into your crew, boosting your raiding ability by 10% for 5 minuets.
Wine of Be'lena: Traditionaly used in bralkirr ceremonies, this strong liquor inhibits fear in those who drink it, but decreases their mental aptitude. Boosts pvp attack by 10% for 15 minuets but decreases cloak by 50% for 8 hours.
can be used when the pvp attack times out but before the cloak does, stacking the cloak debuff (In a goridian ale manner)

Suggestion for a artifact drop from raiding (if an eye vision is added)
Hidden crate: can be opened to provide a variety of different artifacts.
Drops: 40%: Access card: Increases hacking by 10% for 10 minuets (gives good synergy with the ravyn drop, each boosting the chance of success and of getting an additional artifact from the others ability)
20%: Military industrial complex size 1: artifact: 1, attack 5000, defence 5000. Military supremacy: When installed also provides a cloak bonus of 2% for each of: Nexus command center, heist dispatch center, barrier hypernexus, luring cryson, assimilation locus) allready installed on the planet
40%, bonus cache: a cache of goods and research, stashed away by the crew of an enemy ship. When opened provides 15 minuets worth of production and research.

I dont think either of this drops are too overpowered. With a base chance of 2% *(pvp action bonus) the highest that can be achieved is (1.15*1.09^3*1.25*1.1*1.1*0.02) = 4.5% chance when hacking (includes access card) if not hacker for ravyns ability and (1.09^3*1.14*1.1*1.1*0.02) = 3.6% when raiding if not raider (includes fervor extract), discounting the ust buff for raiding as it is seasonal.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Here's a +1 stamp of approval from the -1 Saiyan ;)

Just to say good job on not being a whiny bish but having an alternative thought up and with well thought out drops to boot.

:)

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:49 pm

now i was going to put this idea down til i read it twice to understand it i like this idea make it somewhat like the eye ability but it for hacking purpose's only and grants some added bonus/ award other then some bits of research and a blue badge that be cool good thinking peticks

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:52 pm

the ability could be usefull for getting your cloak up to max to do a hacking spree, though not much more as it wears off in 2-4 hours so not realy long enough to be usefull for keeping your ship hidden in the shadows for others

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

AEnterprise_ wrote:
the ability could be usefull for getting your cloak up to max to do a hacking spree, though not much more as it wears off in 2-4 hours so not realy long enough to be usefull for keeping your ship hidden in the shadows for others

im sorry, but a 5-9% boost to cloak for up to 4 hours is worthless of an ability for an ally, even those who are advocating for support of the ally are saying the ability sucks, instead focusing on the mission drops from the rest of the chain. If dan wants to put a hacking ally out there, then I fully support him. lets breath new life into pvp. The way to do that is not, however, to make an ally give up to 9% more cloak for hacking. Simply put, the ease of hacking is not the problem. The problem is once you have your mods theres no reason to keep going other than the leaderboard. Lets make pvp rewarding so more people do it, not simply take a couple less tms per run to action cap for the four or so people who actively do hack runs after their loaded up on their mod sets.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Peticks wrote:
AEnterprise_ wrote:

im sorry, but a 5-9% boost to cloak for up to 4 hours is worthless of an ability for an ally, even those who are advocating for support of the ally are saying the ability sucks, instead focusing on the mission drops from the rest of the chain. If dan wants to put a hacking ally out there, then I fully support him. lets breath new life into pvp. The way to do that is not, however, to make an ally give up to 9% more cloak for hacking. Simply put, the ease of hacking is not the problem. The problem is once you have your mods theres no reason to keep going other than the leaderboard. Lets make pvp rewarding so more people do it, not simply take a couple less tms per run to action cap for the four or so people who actively do hack runs after their loaded up on their mod sets.

true, though i'm alot lower ranked then you guys so i look at things differently, to getting all the hacking stuff is still a LONG way off, it'll even take me months (probably up to 5-6) to get ravyn up to rank 100 so to me a cloak bonus ability for up to 9% sounds much more interesting with my ssb then for others at high rank that all cloack they can get from buildable and all/most obtainable modules

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

there are other preexisting +% cloak artis more easily obtained for the ship, enterprise.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:59 pm

cloak...nuff said

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:18 am

TrinityThree wrote:
there are other preexisting +% cloak artis more easily obtained for the ship, enterprise.

probably, i just don't know them or don't have any in my sight yet

but as ravyn unlocked a mission chain it's ability is only the reward of the first mission in the chain and i suspect that like with any chain the real goodies are at the end not the beginning so the final mission(s) will probably unlock better stuff

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:11 am
Profile WWW

my suggested change. for 1 hour adds all your cloak to your scan. This gives you 0 cloak for the hour. Problem solved ally now good :)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

draxsiss wrote:
my suggested change. for 1 hour adds all your cloak to your scan. This gives you 0 cloak for the hour. Problem solved ally now good :)

Thats a short sighted idea. Oh lets increase player scan by like 25k in one fell swoop, effectively breaking planet cloaking. And it still seems a kind of cop out ability, lets just add a scan buff rather than making it an ability to expand on the game, rather than one that becomes just another stat buff. The way I see it allys should have a rank 60 buff and a rank 100 ability, not just a rank 100 temporary buff. Ship mods with buffs as abilities are fine, but allys need to be more than that, they should do interesting new mechanics. Most recent ones have been pretty good, oruras eye being pretty much a new high for interesting ally abilities, ravyn seems like a jump backwards.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]