View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Greenspleef's biga$$ disorganized list of ideas 

Had a bunch of ideas/improvements too many for single posts
And plz constructive criticism only

Repeatable racial missions

Skins based on race

Guarded planet and shared planet on news feed and filter to edge out npc alerts and kills

Ability to send pm's to all legion ships by leaders/ officers

Dark rootnode button on trade tab with timer

Split battle tab with extended slots

Buttons on attack screen for time manipulators null fuses repair nanoes and shield restorer. Also a x5 attack option

Filter on abilities, targets for sending, and friends list. Also badge market and ctlab

Message boards on planets. Temporary msg boards on bosses and bases

Cancel alert option

Last edited by detregets on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:57 am

Some more :

Planetary event : asteroid hit! Pop cloak def and att down 99% for a month but +25%production

Planetary event : invasion! If a blockade lasts a month then an npc group attempts to invade! If they succeed half of the structures are destroyed. If u destroy them you get...... something good

More uses for political favor, zolazin debris( with new npc) , and prejoran tech

Bounty system

Partner pacts, which I made another post for already

An advanced flux tracer that lets u msg the other scanners

A way to input a cube or sac directly into base contributions

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:11 am

And more :

An option to purchase needed minerals when u run out when building

Gain credits for likes on fb posts. Don't like it don't post

Ungrey the arts you have shared if you have used one of them

Legion-wide bosses based on base level. Maybe an event or acquired thru a baselock scan?

More temporary effects like the elios event had. Perhaps based on the current legion mission. One good effect one bad

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 am

And more :

If u have an uplift ability like urbanize, then a timer on the planet tab would be nice

Send button on legion ships listing only arts that can be sent and minerals, with option to buy mins without going to the trade tab

More pacts, like planet share pact, elite share pacts, and emissary pacts. Emissary pacts allows an exchange of officers. They lose a step of loyalty everyday they are gone

Monthly leaderboards with prizes. The old ones would stay, for overall posterity.

A way to have legion contests with prizes like a planet production buff.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:34 am

A couple more ideas :

A setting to turn off the little pictures of planets on the planet tab. I think that would free up some lag especially for device users

Planetary event : alien encounter! Friendly aliens improve technology! Either a boost to research or structure upgrade

Planetary event ; earthquakes! Tremors rock the planet! Largest structure destroyed and can't be demolished while searching for survivors. Lasts a week. New mines are opened due to exposed veins of ore. Mineral richness increased by 1

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 am

detregets wrote:
Also a x5 attack option
Cancel alert option

if a player where to be guarding exotica with a SSB he then would be attacked 5x faster per player attacking and it would become unfair twords the such player that he would not have time to restore his ship. and also higher ranks have much more energy so the 5x wouldn't matter twords them and back to them attacking lower ranked ships they would be disabled practically instantly making an unfair advantage.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:57 am

More :

Base module that has an effect in legion members when they raid an enemy base. Something allows raiding of the enemy base's shipment and adds it to the next legion shipment

A mission to upgrade poly vaults

A mission that eats obelisks and makes either amps or %att structures

A mission that eats trap probes and spits out a better version that reveals the traps

Upgrades to alarm sentry trap (alerts to legion) and grab whip trap ( doing a substantial amount more damage). Mission or ctlab

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 am

Cowster2012 wrote:
detregets wrote:
Also a x5 attack option
Cancel alert option

if a player where to be guarding exotica with a SSB he then would be attacked 5x faster per player attacking and it would become unfair twords the such player that he would not have time to restore his ship. and also higher ranks have much more energy so the 5x wouldn't matter twords them and back to them attacking lower ranked ships they would be disabled practically instantly making an unfair advantage.

I hate Exotica LOL

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:09 am

detregets wrote:
Had a bunch of ideas/improvements too many for single posts
And plz constructive criticism only

constructive criticism ? how about instead of coming up with a hundred half-baked ideas, you focus on the top10 that would make the game more interesting for you. from those 10, pick the top5 that you think others might go for. from those 5, think about all the pros and cons - time and difficulty to code, wow factor, who benefits, who loses - and flesh out those ideas in private. out of those 5, maybe 2 will be worth forum topics ... so post those 2 in separate topics for feedback.

detregets wrote:
Ability to send pm's to all legion ships by leaders/ officers

this is what legion comm is for. stuff meant for everyone in the legion should probably NOT show up on individual ship comms ...

detregets wrote:
Split battle tab with extended slots

not new, but i will +1 this as always

detregets wrote:
Message boards on planets. Temporary msg boards on bosses and bases

seriously ? you want even MOAR lag ?

detregets wrote:
Cancel alert option

legion members should THINK before alerting. if it is a bad PvP alert it should never have been made in the first place. mistaken PvP alerts happen ... learn from those mistakes. and since the alert timer is shared with planets ? sure, no abuse there ... alert .. conquer ... cancel alert ... alert .. conquer ... cancel alert ... get the picture ?

detregets wrote:
An advanced flux tracer that lets u msg the other scanners

why would you want to message the other scanners ? if the planet is worth conquering .. take it. if it is yours and you want it taken from you ... take all the defenses and pop off (put an xts-10 injector on if you really want it gone). if it is a football ... change the name to make it obvious.

detregets wrote:
An option to purchase needed minerals when u run out when building

when you go to collect your hourly mineral shipment, go to the minerals tab, sell all unselected, then collect your shipment. minerals at hand for all your building needs !

detregets wrote:
Monthly leaderboards with prizes. The old ones would stay, for overall posterity.

since i previously made this suggestion, i guess i should +1 it here .. but if a suggestion topic is already made ... you should really comment on that one

detregets wrote:
A mission that eats trap probes and spits out a better version that reveals the traps

uh no. the trap probes are already rank-limited. they already provide sufficient information for you to make an informed decision about the PvP target.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 am
Profile WWW

LOL hey I said had ideas I never said they were good. . Besides, details can be hashed out by "he who walks behind the code"

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:42 am

Some more :

Limit the number of officers/leaders based on number of members or level of base

Search for player. Just for Comms

Advanced alien data discs.

Custom shield colors

New traps that raise art/service while under attack

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:55 pm

A few more :

A running count of ctlab attempts since the last discovery

Upgraded legion flags. Multiple colors and expanded list for more customization

Age affects planets more : that terra I've had for 4 years would grow, increasing production and population over time, or mineral planets would shrink in size due to being mined so much, etc

Daily mission : ship to base system link, 500 energy per click 20 clicks, increase next base shipment by 1%

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:07 am

Population and crew :
I posit that the number of engineers, tracts, helmsmen, and scientists is your CURRENT MAXIMIM and that u have to fill your crew from the populations of your planets. This would allow for special crew attacks, defense, modules, buffs/rebuffs , planet structures, sicknesses, morale, all kinds of new stuff to go with the new dynamic

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:01 am

detregets wrote:
A few more :

A running count of ctlab attempts since the last discovery
To what effect? meaningless IMO.

Upgraded legion flags. Multiple colors and expanded list for more customization
Again, to what effect, keep a little notepad document for all your planet flags,
red= stolen & needs a temp flux
blue/green = has an effect or item worth stealing
gold = stolen blue/green flagged planet and waiting on an extractor
purple = AFAIK, my first planet.
what else could you want to notate...

Age affects planets more : that terra I've had for 4 years would grow, increasing production and population over time, or mineral planets would shrink in size due to being mined so much, etc
This one is actually a good one. It would only make sense to have some sort of planet evolution.
Nothing phenomenal, just an entire +1 to productions for every year owned.

Daily mission : ship to base system link, 500 energy per click 20 clicks, increase next base shipment by 1%

sooo..... everyone in the legion donates 20K and your base increases production by 50-60 %.... yeah i think not.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Azalin159 wrote:
detregets wrote:

sooo..... everyone in the legion donates 20K and your base increases production by 50-60 %.... yeah i think not.

% bonuses are multiplicative ... it would be ... 64.4% to 81.6% at a cost of ... 500k to 600k across the legion ... honestly not worth it for those who can afford to dump 10k e on the mission anyways though.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:20 am

I said LEGION flags, not planet flags

Ctlab attempt count is just for posterity. Why NOT have it?

Anyway here's another idea :

Buttons on the trade/artifact tab to instantly show player or planet arts

I know some of these suggestions seem minor, but after 4 years I'd like to see some improvements to make the game better. Sometimes you also need mediocre stuff to make the great stuff greater. Not every new update needs to have high impact.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:24 am

I really like some of your ideas, others I could add some cirtiques but dont necesarily have better ideas so i won't knock on ya. I think its cool you put thought into possible cool stuff and toss it out there. At least it gets people thinking.

One thing i would like, which i HOPE wouldnt be so hard to do....would love one more furhter split on the abilities tab. When Dan added the tab in the first place i was like OMG this rocks. Rather than scrolling through endless piles of abilities to find something it was in one nice place.

Welll... as Dan has added awesome content, including a bevy of allies, as well as unlockable skills--this has become, well, pretty cluttered.
It doesn;t list in alpha order, by item, or any other relatively steady format i can tell.

I'd love one tab for what used to be the BASIC player abilities like dark aperture, remodulcation, etc
One tab for ALLY abilities
One tab for all other

This would be very useful and do some measure of clean up visually for us.

This is also very similar to the whole 'markets' idea and would enhance easy of play.

Who knows what further items will come out and its just a jumbled mess...imho

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Agreed. Even if its just player/planet that would help. Aside from those he could add npc/pvp/base to clean it up

And thanks for the input XD

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:02 pm

You know the drill :

Planet event : BLACK HOLE! Your planet's orbit brings it near a black hole and is in danger of being destroyed! Erect a displacement field to move your planet to safety!
Mission, 20 clicks, 500 energy and 10 unstable wormhole emitters and 1 temporal flux orb per click, must be completed in a week or the planet is destroyed
If successful the planet gains 10000 cloak for a month due to the new location of the planet

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:27 am

detregets wrote:
You know the drill :

Planet event : BLACK HOLE! Your planet's orbit brings it near a black hole and is in danger of being destroyed! Erect a displacement field to move your planet to safety!
Mission, 20 clicks, 500 energy and 10 unstable wormhole emitters and 1 temporal flux orb per click, must be completed in a week or the planet is destroyed
If successful the planet gains 10000 cloak for a month due to the new location of the planet

What if someone takes a vacation. There are places that don't have free WiFi

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next