View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Elios Collector III 

Will we see another Elios Collector upgrade this summer? I know it's not even Spring yet but this is something I would definitely buy more GP for. As we rank higher and get more energy, the recharge rate keeps feeling slower.

Just a little idea... ;)

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:
Will we see another Elios Collector upgrade this summer? I know it's not even Spring yet but this is something I would definitely buy more GP for. As we rank higher and get more energy, the recharge rate keeps feeling slower.

Just a little idea... ;)

If you're ranking higher and you're adding energy, recharge rate doesn't play a factor.

It would be nicer for the lower ranked players who lack energy if anything, so it would be nice to see for them. :)

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:08 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
If you're ranking higher and you're adding energy, recharge rate doesn't play a factor.

It would be nicer for the lower ranked players who lack energy if anything, so it would be nice to see for them. :)

My point is, it takes longer for someone with 10k to 20k energy to have a full charge compared to someone who has like 500-1000 energy. would be nice to eventually see a 300/hr recharge rate. I'm at the max 200/hr and with over 9600 energy it just doesn't seem fast enough.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:

My point is, it takes longer for someone with 10k to 20k energy to have a full charge compared to someone who has like 500-1000 energy. would be nice to eventually see a 300/hr recharge rate. I'm at the max 200/hr and with over 9600 energy it just doesn't seem fast enough.

I totally got your point, my counterpoint was that a high rank player should never need to rely on recharge rate if they've built their arti per hour & ship correctly.

Ideally most high rank players(1500+) should have around 20x-25x their rank in energy, so they should have an energy bar that allows them to do whatever they like and not need to rely on recharge rate is all. The upper tier of high ranks have 30x, 40x or even higher than that in energy bars.

At your current 9600 energy, if you're rank 960 then you're right on track for what the general consensus is that most mid-rank players should run at least 10x their rank in energy as the bare minimum. However if that was the case you should add more energy, not rely on recharge rate of any amount, as it makes the game much easier to play when you're not waiting for energy to recharge. :)

So i stand by my point that this would have great benefit for those players whom are low/mid ranks still rocking the basic 10:1 ratio's, but if a high rank player 1500+ is rocking 10:1 still, then they done screwed up big time and they should ideally work on their aph and energy bars rather than relying on recharge rate. :P

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Agreed that it is not necessary with planning.

Quote:
Ideally most high rank players(1500+) should have around 20x-25x their rank in energy, so they should have an energy bar that allows them to do whatever they like and not need to rely on recharge rate is all. The upper tier of high ranks have 30x, 40x or even higher than that in energy bars.
Even that isn't necessary. I do 16:1 Engineers:Rank, as it allows me to autorank off of PVP, while still giving E-Cubes/Tris/Silth Sacs some purpose (bases, extremely low/no-XP missions, etc.), rather than just sitting in my cargo collecting dust for all eternity.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:04 pm

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:

Just a little idea... ;)

I would imagine that there will be one. It's easy GP and taking another 1 second off of each one boosts energy recharge up to 225 per hour. Not a HUGE increase, sure, but might be tempting enough.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:

just add a few more enginers, and energy regain stops to matter...

Rank 1936, and 40.828 max energy = 21.1 energy/rank makes it almost imposible for me to run out of energy
unless I throw it all into the Stellar Cartography mission where you only get 0.66 exp pr energy

usealy have around 10K energy left, every time I rank that I cant spendt
but you need that as a backup for LM tasks where you have to spendt 10K energy on artifact use and dispersing on Silthion Hybrid Clusters

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 pm

142985 Energy rank 3068 right now and im working on a 60 to 1 ratio for rank 3600 which is 215k energy bar i est. it to be around energy recharge in my eyes is a waste for high ranks i agree with kirk on this if you higher rank you should be pushing a 30 to 1 ratio to be able to auto rank on hitting base's instead of hoping you get some energy boost or your relays to help you rank

as for energy i normallu waste about 70k to 80k per rank as it stands right now i can not even kill the energy in the lab no artifacts to do that with lol

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 pm

yeah 200/hr is already absurd...im close to 26-1 and have zero issues...i get that a low rank doesnt want to "wait" to do stuff...but c'mon....wahts next 1 e per second?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:51 am

Honestly, not something I would need or buy (maximum potential re-charge of 200, actual re-charge of 23 with 80,000+ energy at Rank 1819 for around 44.5 energy:rank) but people are all different so I can't see the harm in making a modest upgrade to the Elios Collector available for people who might want it.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 am

Another thing I wanted to add is that when I do missions I get a far lower experience return compared to hunting NPC's. Someone like me who barely has 10x rank energy, I will only fill up my experience bar by 30-40% on a full energy bar on average. (most of the good missions with high XP return are gone now)

I would have to sit at my current rank for a few months and spam hire engineers to get the kind of energy/rank ratios that you guys have, which I'm probably not gonna do for some time (maybe never).

44.5x rank? How you get this I'd like to know, without sacrificing hiring tactical officers and hurting your PVP performance.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:19 am

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:
Another thing I wanted to add is that when I do missions I get a far lower experience return compared to hunting NPC's. Someone like me who barely has 10x rank energy, I will only fill up my experience bar by 25-30% on a full energy bar on average. (most of the good missions with high XP return are gone now)

I would have to sit at my current rank for a few months and spam hire engineers to get the kind of energy/rank ratios that you guys have, which I'm probably not gonna do for some time (maybe never).

44.5x rank? How you get this I'd like to know, without sacrificing hiring tactical officers and hurting your PVP performance.

At your rank, I wouldn't suggest aiming for anywhere near the ratios some people have here (including my own) but don't ignore energy too much.
Having 100000 attack and no energy to pull the trigger is not a great plan, so I'd aim for something like building it to 15x when you can so you can easily NPC autorank without a neural when you want to.

NPCing, scanning, ranking purposefully and extreme attention to detail on planet upgrading and artifact placement are how I got my ratio, which a week or two later is closer to 46.
As always, in the end game ship strength is all about AP.
More specifically imo, it is about AP per deck, but that's unnecessarily complex :)

With a modest 2605 decks allowing good scan and cloak, PvP-wise I think I can safely say my little old rustbucket is pretty comfortable and well-rounded.
My TOs have not exactly suffered and I have maintained a 3:1 ratio of TO:Engineer for well over 1000 ranks now.

81093 Engineers
243279 Tactical Officers

So no, not really sacrificing anything tbh, but at my rank I am very thankful for every drop of energy with later missions where you are picking up 2000-odd xp for 20000+ energy and the like.
I can comfortably do 2 completions per day of those types of missions and still have heaps to spare for whatever else needs doing.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 am

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:
Another thing I wanted to add is that when I do missions I get a far lower experience return compared to hunting NPC's. Someone like me who barely has 10x rank energy, I will only fill up my experience bar by 30-40% on a full energy bar on average. (most of the good missions with high XP return are gone now)

it's all a matter of managing priorities. when legion missions came out with high energy requirements ... i began matching my engineer level to my helmsmen .. with any leftover going to tacos. so now my engineers per rank is in the mid 30's. sure .. my attack suffered a bit .. but since i am #3 on the kills leaderboard .. obviously i didn't find it to be too much of a handicap. of course, i don't spam every bt target either like some folks.

Energy Cube (Uses Left: 40)
Tri-Matrix Emblem (Uses Left: 110)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:32 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:

it's all a matter of managing priorities. when legion missions came out with high energy requirements ... i began matching my engineer level to my helmsmen .. with any leftover going to tacos. so now my engineers per rank is in the mid 30's. sure .. my attack suffered a bit .. but since i am #3 on the kills leaderboard .. obviously i didn't find it to be too much of a handicap. of course, i don't spam every bt target either like some folks.

You almost certainly have a rather good aph, which could also be the OP's issue.

If he doesn't have a good aph for his rank, then he won't be able to grow both his attack and energy at proportionate amounts.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:36 am

I do admit I could have better artifact production for my rank. Not every one of my planets are 'Mega Rich' (or types people go crazy for and steal every other day). I have a few like that but most of my planets are extremely/very rich and rich, somewhere around there. (a couple years go by and 95% of these planets are still here. I just find this aspect very convenient for me)

If I truly were to dedicate a couple days on my planets and make a part time job out of protecting them (it is very easy to lose a planet, I've learned), then I would have better artifact and get more rescued prisoners.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:03 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
You almost certainly have a rather good aph, which could also be the OP's issue.

If he doesn't have a good aph for his rank, then he won't be able to grow both his attack and energy at proportionate amounts.

well, i have a decent aph NOW (just under 130k at rank 1415) but when i starting matching engineers to helmsmen i was only around rank 450 with MUCH less aph. but i took the hit to make sure i could have the flexibility to do whatever i wanted.

EDIT:

i had already started boosting engineers for some reason around nov2012, likely due to running short after a hacking / raiding rampage. so, when legion missions were released on 22feb2013, this is what i had:

rank 210
engineers 1475
tacos 1477
helms 1723

so i was keeping engineers even with tacos. once engineers and tacos caught up to helms at rank 231, i kept all 3 even until rank 597. after that, i kept engineers even with tacos, and then switched to keeping them even with helms.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]