View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New CTL idea.... 

Why don't we change it up a bit and incorporate pvp into CTL rewards. Like using reds / yellows / blues as part requirements for new ctl modules/artifacts!!

How about an ally that requires reds and prisoners!! And have it give 2k attack at rank 30, 5% attack at rank 60 and 50 tactical officers every 20hrs as the rank 100 ability. Make it require 1k reds and 5k prisoners....

How about a hull module that requires yellows and durtanium brackets!! And give it 5k base hull and a 10% raiding bonus and have it upgrade 25% to a max of 1000%. It can require 200 yellows and 1k durtanium brackets each upgrade...

How about a planet artifact that requires blue badges, dark pyramids and alien data discs!! Size 1, arti 3, research 6, cloak 800 and a 1 charge ability of 3% scan for 45 minutes. It can require 500 blues 2k pyramids and 3k alien data discs....

While I'm at it could make use of the other 3 badges as well but greens can't think of anything atm.

For silvers an arti that upgrades either of the 4 modules (that you can buy in the silver badge section of the BM) at random by 25% up to 1000% once maxed the % bonuses double!! It can require 30 silvers 500 grid consoles and 500 subspace seekers per upgrade...

For Dark badges how about an arti that doubles the bonuses of Quantum accelerators (including ones that are at 100% upgrade)!! Requires 5k dark badges and 7500 drannik sabs per arti....

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Zargor wrote:
Why don't we change it up a bit and incorporate pvp into CTL rewards. Like using reds / yellows / blues as part requirements for new ctl modules/artifacts!!

How about an ally that requires reds and prisoners!! And have it give 2k attack at rank 30, 5% attack at rank 60 and 50 tactical officers every 20hrs as the rank 100 ability. Make it require 1k reds and 5k prisoners.... -1 Who would do this? 5k Prisoners is 30k attack. At 50 to's a day, that's 600 days to break even. Not to mention the time it would take to gather 5k prisoners(52 days @400k aph).... For those that already have 5k prisoners sitting around, a better idea would be to quit or reset cuz ya'll is clearly done giving any $%&% about this game lol

How about a hull module that requires yellows and durtanium brackets!! And give it 5k base hull and a 10% raiding bonus and have it upgrade 25% to a max of 1000%. It can require 200 yellows and 1k durtanium brackets each upgrade...So give up 10k hull every time to gain an eventual 55k Hull? That's a net loss of 355k Hull. Maths Huh ;)

How about a planet artifact that requires blue badges, dark pyramids and alien data discs!! Size 1, arti 3, research 6, cloak 800 and a 1 charge ability of 3% scan for 45 minutes. It can require 500 blues 2k pyramids and 3k alien data discs....Nice structure, would be better without the scan boost. Can already reach 27k scan these days as explorer with non-GP related scan boosters.

While I'm at it could make use of the other 3 badges as well but greens can't think of anything atm.

For silvers an arti that upgrades either of the 4 modules (that you can buy in the silver badge section of the BM) at random by 25% up to 1000% once maxed the % bonuses double!! It can require 30 silvers 500 grid consoles and 500 subspace seekers per upgrade...Upgrades to those would be nice but not at these costs. -1

For Dark badges how about an arti that doubles the bonuses of Quantum accelerators (including ones that are at 100% upgrade)!! Requires 5k dark badges and 7500 drannik sabs per arti....I've not done the math on this, but i can guarantee it's not worth the cost, unless all of your planets already have fully upgraded quantum accelerators to begin with, because at that number of badges, the aph gain even on a 63x Arti Rift would be outweighed by 48 accelerators placed on other planets. :)

I think you've really overdone the costs involved for everything suggested.

There are costs here that would take low-mid ranks a month at most to get badge wise, but would take them a year or more to gather the artifacts & then there's the reverse which is it would take most high ranks a few months at most to get the arti's but a few years to get the badges.

Basically what i'm saying is that at those sort of costs, it would be implementing something that 99% of the players would probably never bother getting & a great portion would likely quit before every completing the upgrades. As is, it's taken most players 2+ years to finish maxing out their CK69 Assault Sentry & that was only 2940 Yellow Badges.... not necessarily because of the high cost of yellows but because it is gosh darn boring to do the same thing day in day out for 50+ days(at best... assuming 50 kills/50 raids a day).

All that said, it's great to see new ideas like this that incorporate different area's of play & seek to bring them together for a purpose. We just need to remember that new suggestions do kinda need to be all inclusive these days, purely because we don't need one section of players feeling left out and the other feeling it will take them years to get these items. :)

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Zargor wrote:

How about an ally that requires reds and prisoners!! And have it give 2k attack at rank 30, 5% attack at rank 60 and 50 tactical officers every 20hrs as the rank 100 ability. Make it require 1k reds and 5k prisoners.... -1 Who would do this? 5k Prisoners is 30k attack. At 50 to's a day, that's 600 days to break even. Not to mention the time it would take to gather 5k prisoners(52 days @400k aph).... For those that already have 5k prisoners sitting around, a better idea would be to quit or reset cuz ya'll is clearly done giving any $%&% about this game lol

How about a hull module that requires yellows and durtanium brackets!! And give it 5k base hull and a 10% raiding bonus and have it upgrade 25% to a max of 1000%. It can require 200 yellows and 1k durtanium brackets each upgrade...So give up 10k hull every time to gain an eventual 55k Hull? That's a net loss of 355k Hull. Maths Huh ;)

How about a planet artifact that requires blue badges, dark pyramids and alien data discs!! Size 1, arti 3, research 6, cloak 800 and a 1 charge ability of 3% scan for 45 minutes. It can require 500 blues 2k pyramids and 3k alien data discs....Nice structure, would be better without the scan boost. Can already reach 27k scan these days as explorer with non-GP related scan boosters.

For silvers an arti that upgrades either of the 4 modules (that you can buy in the silver badge section of the BM) at random by 25% up to 1000% once maxed the % bonuses double!! It can require 30 silvers 500 grid consoles and 500 subspace seekers per upgrade...Upgrades to those would be nice but not at these costs. -1

For Dark badges how about an arti that doubles the bonuses of Quantum accelerators (including ones that are at 100% upgrade)!! Requires 5k dark badges and 7500 drannik sabs per arti....I've not done the math on this, but i can guarantee it's not worth the cost, unless all of your planets already have fully upgraded quantum accelerators to begin with, because at that number of badges, the aph gain even on a 63x Arti Rift would be outweighed by 48 accelerators placed on other planets. :)

I think you've really overdone the costs involved for everything suggested.

There are costs here that would take low-mid ranks a month at most to get badge wise, but would take them a year or more to gather the artifacts & then there's the reverse which is it would take most high ranks a few months at most to get the arti's but a few years to get the badges.

Basically what i'm saying is that at those sort of costs, it would be implementing something that 99% of the players would probably never bother getting & a great portion would likely quit before every completing the upgrades. As is, it's taken most players 2+ years to finish maxing out their CK69 Assault Sentry & that was only 2940 Yellow Badges.... not necessarily because of the high cost of yellows but because it is gosh darn boring to do the same thing day in day out for 50+ days(at best... assuming 50 kills/50 raids a day).

All that said, it's great to see new ideas like this that incorporate different area's of play & seek to bring them together for a purpose. We just need to remember that new suggestions do kinda need to be all inclusive these days, purely because we don't need one section of players feeling left out and the other feeling it will take them years to get these items. :)

I understand everything you said and agree my costs were way too high, i didn't really think about them at all, those numbers were purely to help get the idea out there. I would like so see those ideas, have them a little costly (because we can't always get thing's cheap and simple) but obviously nothing like i had them. Ideas can be tweaked many times over that's why i posted them, so that if we could find a suitable amount then great. Also a reason to have them a little costly is so they can be worked on over time to gather these ctl stuff (if implemented) instead of instantly making 50-100+. There definitely needs to be a balance though as you said with the high rank pvp issue and low rank arti issue. But it's good to see overall you like the idea of incorporating different areas of gamepay together :)

Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]