View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Great new arti/ability idea 

I had a moment of inspiration (be nice, it doesn't happen often) and thought this would be perfect for the PVP monkeys.

Its called Philus's (Philus', Philuss??, I hate grammar) Anti-Halc Magnet. Like the name says it attracts ships that are not halced up, or have one set. Probably best to have something like a 1 hour time effect and 20 or 40 hour cooldown. Could be a GP one or end of mission one, either would work. Should probably also include Pacified ships in that too.

Probably mean you'll have a much smaller BT pool, but when you're hunting, that's what you want, right??

Be nice now

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:26 am

way too overpowered, especially if you remove all ships that have a halc that hasn't been set off yet.

just shuffle up your scan you lazy git.

what i would be okay with would be a ct.lab arti (using halcyon traps in the recipe naturally), which you can fire at a ship after setting off its halc (5 minute window and counts as an offensive action). that ship drops out of the battle tab pool for 8 hours FOR EVERYBODY (super halc effect), but the super halc effect is removed when they collect resources. super halc effect also prevents another halcyon trap from being set.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:14 am
Profile WWW

i like senators idea...make the halced ship disappear for a few...costs you something, but helps you too

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:14 am

senatorhung wrote:
way too overpowered, especially if you remove all ships that have a halc that hasn't been set off yet.

what i would be okay with would be a ct.lab arti (using halcyon traps in the recipe naturally), which you can fire at a ship after setting off its halc (5 minute window and counts as an offensive action). that ship drops out of the battle tab pool for 8 hours FOR EVERYBODY (super halc effect), but the super halc effect is removed when they collect resources. super halc effect also prevents another halcyon trap from being set.

Senator, you're getting ruder and ruder in your old age. Despite what you may think, calling someone names does not make you smarter than them. And for the record I am aware of changing my scan and the effect it has, use it all the time.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:40 pm

swinephil wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

Senator, you're getting ruder and ruder in your old age. Despite what you may think, calling someone names does not make you smarter than them. And for the record I am aware of changing my scan and the effect it has, use it all the time.

wow, defensive much ? i was poking fun at you for calling your suggested arti after yourself. if you're going to start a topic with self-important balloons like that, you should expect a few needles.

but since i have 30 ranks on you and still have no difficulty getting my daily quota of badges from the rank ranges appearing on my bt (with appropriate scan shuffling as necessary of course)... "lazy git" is fact, not name.calling, especially if you are including yourself in the "PvP monkeys" group.

halc traps have their place in the game.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

I've always felt that habitually using halcs or arties to disable other ships should come at a price.

What I wish this game had was some kind of "Honor" setting... a score that rises and falls depending on your actions. Set a halc, arti spam another player, and your honor goes down.
Hit a base for high placement, disable another ship, hack or raid, steal a planet, and your honor goes up. If your honor gets low enough it should affect you negatively in the game... lower raid %, lower scrap rates, more and more energy required to use arties / halcs until it becomes prohibitive to do so etc. Eventually you'd be forced to step up, play the game, and risk getting your ship
disabled now and again. High honor would come with its own rewards. All of this is an over-simplification... it's just a general idea.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:00 pm

interesting idea arc....not without merit..

Although even killing people and bases etc is slanted a lot with the pool of dead 6-7 level bases and the still available, if thinning, pool of very easy badge kills plus the odd low rank alert for dinner. I've always thought a "days unhalced" stat would be nice.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]