View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Archotage Grid manual addition 

It would be nice if as a reward, from any kind of terranian outsider related content, say a mission in the ravyn expansion or just from a medal a way to manualy create the archotage power grid effect on a planet. Say a consumable added to the battle market eating a ton of blue, yellow or red badges. or from a module with a long cooldown consuming a large amount of energy + a resource, or even a consumable reward from one of the missions in the ravyn chain or a extremely rare (say the level of the slitheon drone that unlocks geminis) npcs drop which can only be found if you have the ravyn chains expansion unlocked.

It does make logical sense as the more we learn about the archotage the better we should be able to utilize it for our own benefit. While the power grid isn't the most powerful effect out there, the ability to add it to a few of your planets manually would be a nice touch, and would require very little programing as the effect of the grid is already in the game.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:57 am

Peticks wrote:
It does make logical sense

It makes logical sense to defeat the purpose of the effect being random chance?

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:12 am

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:
It does make logical sense

It makes logical sense to defeat the purpose of the effect being random chance?

You clearly didn't finish reading the sentence as I explained it made logical sense that learning more about the archotage grid would enable us to benefit more from it, so it made sense we could start constructing them.

The fact that I already started saying how it should take a ton of badges, a large amount of energy + a resource, or be consumable from a mission (putting a cap on how many planets you can use it on) or be from a extremely rare npc already is the point to counteract the 'it should be random, this makes random defunct' reasoning. It should still be random on colonizations as a nice bonus during the harvest, but there should be a way, an expensive way but a way, to get it on some of your planets, especially those that were owned long before the grid became a thing, manually.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:22 am

Peticks wrote:
You clearly didn't finish reading the sentence

Never assume; You make an ass out of "u" and "me". I did read your sentence. I read your whole post. In fact, I read over it several times.

Peticks wrote:
I explained it made logical sense

So? Your suggestion fits canonically, congrats; So do a lot of other bad suggestions. You're just annoyed that you can't obtain this effect on some of your nicer planets so now you're suggesting we change the game to suit your liking. It's not going to happen.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:
You clearly didn't finish reading the sentence

Never assume; You make an ass out of "u" and "me". I did read your sentence. I read your whole post. In fact, I read over it several times.

If you did then you made a concious decision to take it out of its context, something frankly worse than not reading on.
ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:
I explained it made logical sense

So? Your suggestion fits canonically, congrats; So do a lot of other bad suggestions. You're just annoyed that you can't obtain this effect on some of your nicer planets so now you're suggesting we change the game to suit your liking. It's not going to happen.

Instead of simply saying 'Ermagad its a change, not ok' explain how it would either 1. adversely effect players, 2. badly harm game Ballance or 3. badly damage gp revenue. The whole point of this forum is to propose additions and changes, saying its a change isn't an argument against it.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:09 pm

I like the idea. 1% production isn't really breaking the game. How about: Archotage Power Station: Size 20, Energy 150, ability with cooldown - If you have the ravyn ally installed on your ship you may activate an Archotage Power Grid effect on a planet of your choice, cooldown 24hrs!

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]