View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sword Of Chains unleashes a powerful virus into the systems 

"Sword Of Chains unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%"

Ok, what's the point of working my rear off to build up 49275 tactical officers when someone can just go to their base, push a button, and do this?

At a minimum, this should have done a hack atttempt check against my scan and cloak. That way I'd at least have some sort of defense against it. Same agrument goes for other attack and defense debuffing artifacts and abilities.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:08 pm

becuase their is no real practical way to defend a base? this is a bandage solution same deal with Halcs.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
"Sword Of Chains unleashes a powerful virus into the systems of your ship, lowering your attack by 90%"

Ok, what's the point of working my rear off to build up 49275 tactical officers when someone can just go to their base, push a button, and do this?

At a minimum, this should have done a hack atttempt check against my scan and cloak. That way I'd at least have some sort of defense against it. Same agrument goes for other attack and defense debuffing artifacts and abilities.

just use a cage lol?

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:28 pm

draxsiss wrote:
becuase their is no real practical way to defend a base? this is a bandage solution same deal with Halcs.

That doesn't wash because when this occurred, my legion didn't have a base locked.

Here's the error message that prints when I click on the base name in the alert: "Your legion does not have an active target lock on this base"

Last edited by Curmudgeon on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:36 pm

stevo2012 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:

just use a cage lol?

Yeah, that's fine if I'm online but when I'm not, this is used to simply turn my weapons off and turn my ship into an easy target. There's too many Office Depot EASY buttons in this game. If you want that, why not just put a "I WIN" button in and just be done with it.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:40 pm

it quite easy, if you dont want to risk beeing hit by the Remote Intrusion base ability - then Dont hit bases

as for not having a base locked and still beeing hit by it, that's a known bug
the thing is if you lock a base, that legion can keep using the Remote Intrusion base ability against your legion, until a new legion locks theire base

but the ability hits at random, so they have no way to controle who it actualy hits and it can be removed with a Cage
so not realy a huge problem

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:21 pm

My condolences on the lack of tactical officers.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:22 am

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
My condolences on the lack of tactical officers.

:mrgreen:

Curmudgeon wrote:
this is used to simply turn my weapons off and turn my ship into an easy target.

Repair Nanodrones (Uses Left: 84345)

...your attack really means nothing in an offline fight.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]