View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NPC PvP Ships. 

another solution...have a cap for rank...and a separate count which is relevant for "Ranking up"....so let's say you max at 3000 for mission, etc, purposes...but game keeps going normally for you otherwise...you still get planets based on true rank, etc.

the whole biz of high ranks losing junk is true... the game outpaced the projections.. what can you say?

there is no panacea...there are optional corrective measures...pvp is somewhat a forelorn cause imho

that said..missions and such should be categorically open and reasonably availavle to most everyone..certainly everyone of sufficient rank...as hal says, why should it suck to be a higher rank? there are few/if any other games where being stronger, bigger, higher level is actually a prohibition to play...quite the contrary...

perhaps virtual pvp in some format could assist on that front...open to a lot of discussion, but much as npc's are matched for level..yada yada...

I've played to do it all..pvp, npc, missions, seasonals..bases...take your pick. My pool of play has narrowed in options but still a lot more options than many.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:25 am

Easy fix..... Clone ship of your ship set on a timer ....lets say 4 hours.... You can attack raid and hack (production totals and crit hacks determined randomly) and badge.....call it nemesis or something

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 am

and why would I bother to take on a clon of my own ship that would take me 15 min or so to kill.
when I can find easy targets out theire I can kill in less then 5 min.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 am

hmmm....I am pretty new to this game (probably just over a year of actual playing time) ever since I stopped playing around rank 200 a few years ago. I have noticed that we get xp just by scanning planets so how about when you hack, you gain xp? I know that means higher rankers will also rank up but a lot of the people at lower level just hack and raid with their spare energy while gaining from gigantic AP every hr. Will this put them off gaining blues? Maybe it would but atleast they won't be given a chance to gain loads of blues and increase their ship hacks ( maybe not doing anything to the ship stats other than just increasing the count of TOs and helmsmen etc would make some of them allow themselves to gain some xp for the blues? hence pushed to ranking and just maybe Hal can have more than 5 people on his BT).

I mean we have like a rank 54 being Top hacker in the game! (WOW!). Maybe do the same with raiding, gain xp while you raid.

A solution to this gaining xp from hacking or raiding for high rankers can be solved by making hacking without gaining xp free after maybe rank 1000+ (or 1500+ whatever suits the devs taste). I must stress I am not a coder so I don't know if this is possible.

I hope I didn't bore you guys with my passages, and I hope it sounds like a decent thought, and I hope the idea was presented well XD. Thanks for reading ^_^

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 am

yes, you gain 5 to 15 exp pr planet you scan.

no, you dont gain exp from hacking, exept if you want to bump the ship off scanner you gain 5 to 20 exp from attacking it one time (unless you do the bumping by simply changing your scan)

as far raiding, you already gain exp from killing the ship - so no reason that the raid it self should also give you exp
(and yes, you can get a round that as well, by ice fishing and raiding ships other players have killed for you)

but the problem here isn't realy players sitting at rank 20 to 200 and just improving theire combat stats while soaking up AP's from a base
if that how they want to play, let them do so
in the end they are actualy only hurting themself
players that stop ranking at rank 1000 to 2000 instead will gain a lot more AP's pr day, then what you can do at low rank simply due to the extra planets higher rank alow you to have.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 pm

All fair points raised Darkmar. I don't really mind that players just hack or ice fish and just live on the AP from base to improve stats. If that is how they want to play the game then let them.

I think gaining xp from scanning planets and putting energy in the base upgrade is just plain odd (Dan has his reasons, does he wants to rank us up?). If we get xp from such stuff, we might as well gain xp from hacking because scanning a planet and hacking a ship in relative terms are similar, 5 energy cost. The xp gained from hacking can be similar to the xp gained from scanning planets. As for raiding, ice fishing or not, I'd still put an xp tag on it to make it fairer for all those hackers.

Just before someone says that we get resources from raiding and hacking in substitute to gaining xp from scanning planets, we should get the xp along with resources and badges for hacking and raiding, I believe the RSL siege cannon does something similar in giving xp, badge and research points.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 pm

i semi agree...problem with freeze rankers is they add so little for 95% of them to a legion..its a warm body leeching free stuff...alerts..items..base share..silvers..etc... also many do no lm either...

so its a warm body for cloak and base prod..otherwise ..worthless...

And for what? To hold out to have artificially high stats versus others at same level. There is no normal "ship" for a rank anymore. IT's all slanted so heavy by time played, ap prod, alts..gifts from retiring players and so on.

I'm an advocate in real life as well as game of do what you want...but i try to at least do something productive within that parameter and also not hurt or let down others. At least the people ranking are doing stuff, potentially some of that helps their team. This is why so many legions suck.

You can debate all you like and argue that some do help...sure..granted..but more people hate the leeching, no playing worthless ships then don't. Help the ranking players with content and not retrictions.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 am

DarkMar wrote:
and why would I bother to take on a clon of my own ship that would take me 15 min or so to kill.
when I can find easy targets out theire I can kill in less then 5 min.

Its more for those that outrank every other potential target for badges .

instead of just shooting down ideas perhaps you can come up with a solution yourself, sir.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 am

detregets wrote:
instead of just shooting down ideas perhaps you can come up with a solution yourself, sir.

I already did....
remove the badging limits for all rank 1500+ players, that will give everyone above rank 1500 atleast 500 proberly closer to 1000 posible targets to hit
and while you are at it, increase the daily action count to 5 / 10 / 10

as I see it...
if you are rank 1000 it doesnt realy make any difrence where you get hit by a rank 4000 player or a rank 1500 player that is getting 200K to 400K+ more AP's pr hour then your self.
and the players who dont want to do PvP or get hit by high AP/rank ships can just halck up like 60%+ of the players at that rank already do.

but you just dont like it detregets
you can keep saying game mechanics until the game ends.....
but when those game mechanics are killing the game, it's time to change them

and presisly the same with hull and dammage cap
a mission like Sphere of Influence where you need to get 220 Hull Test Data was fine 3 years ago, but over time it just takes longer and longer to do those hull tests as players add more and more brackets
lost track of how many players I actualy helped finish that one, by reducing my hull on T-Plasma Gemini Cannons so they could easily test my hull without having to spendt a few 1000 worth of energy just to get 1 kill

but instead of actualy trying to change any of that, all you can do is sit on your high horse and say, "look at me I have 1 mil+ hull and get 500K+ ap's pr hour"
witch is presisly what is wrong with this game.

The PvP part of the game can't realy handle players having 200K+ AP's pr hour, and no one wants to go beoynd rank 2200 becourse of the NPC you lose theire
so the players that actuale make it to rank 2500+ ends up almost no pvp targets to hit,

unfortunaly theire isnt any easy fix for this, as the problem have simply been ignored the last few years
but removing the badging limits for rank 1500+ would be a start, that makes sure you always have posible PvP targets no matter how many ranks you gain

some real high rank replacements for Dark Command Nexus, Dark Arms Carrier, Xiloy, Drannik Encephalon, XRP Warp Station, Rogue LabPod, T.O. Troop Carrier, and Telarys Carrier (and theire are proberly a few more that I missed)
+ maby some prejoran, Voliir, Bralkir NPC you can only find from rank 2500 and up and actualy are worth hunting for
to make killing NPC interesting again

and faster PvP
one solution here would be to make a 20 attacks button that would cost you 100 energy to use instead the usealy 5
problem isnt realy energy or exp gain, but that you have to sit 5, 10 or even 15 min and do almost nothing but click the the attack button just to get 1 kill
if you can reduce that to around 2 min pr kill, more players might get back into PvP again

and a faster way to use your Rank Points / artifacts
know a few players that have 50K+ Rank Points saved up, and havent used them becourse it would take them forever to spendt them
just clicking a button to increase your number of T.O 50.000+ times isnt realy fun

basickly, make sure that high rank players actualy want to continue playing and doesnt just quit somwere around rank 2500 to 3000.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2