View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Inactive Usernames 

One of the names I would like to change my in-game name to is taken by an inactive player who has been for several years. Other games have solutions to this, whereby the player's name is reset to a temporary name if another player attempts to use it. The one I think
works best is this one.

Suggestion: See a similar implementation to the one above introduced to Galaxy Legion.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:33 am

Makes perfect sense. I've seen a lot of players default to a random stream of numbers inside of a column. This may already be applied inside GL itself, but the process takes much longer than we'd like to keep track I'd say. You want this to happen sooner? I would've hated to lose my name after only two years. It seems planets don't get lost until three or more years in, I suppose that's fair... But what do you think was set for usernames? 5 years? Who knows.
But you're saying you want this done faster because you want a particular, precise name, right now?
My selfish side says +1, my logical side says it's an absurd expectation. Add a few numbers. You're golden.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]