View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Destroy planets 

Judging that some high level people have stupid high attack. Surely their weapons could destroy a planet so here is my idea.
An ability when you have 100k attack you can spend 5000 energy to destroy a planet and extract resources based on the formula s*r*10k (s is the size of the planet and r is res number modifer). On the worst case you have a very tiny very sparse artifact planet with nothing else. When this planet is destroyed you get 1*1*10k artifact and a new planet is made to keep the amount of planets in the galaxy constant.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 pm

coolmankiller wrote:
Judging that some high level people have stupid high attack. Surely their weapons could destroy a planet so here is my idea.
An ability when you have 100k attack you can spend 5000 energy to destroy a planet and extract resources based on the formula s*r*10k (s is the size of the planet and r is res number modifer). On the worst case you have a very tiny very sparse artifact planet with nothing else. When this planet is destroyed you get 1*1*10k artifact and a new planet is made to keep the amount of planets in the galaxy constant.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

NO ! WE MUST RESIST THE DARK FORCES OF DESTRUCTION !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

so I get half a million ap for every very large extremely abundant junk world I destory? I think the idea is overpowered.

bulk up on energy. destroy planets for several million ap. use a tri matrix. repeat.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Peticks wrote:
so I get half a million ap for every very large extremely abundant junk world I destory? I think the idea is overpowered.

bulk up on energy. destroy planets for several million ap. use a tri matrix. repeat.

I love how people take numbers entirely literally on this forum. Those can be changed. Those can be balanced. Take the numbers out of the equation, and give your opinion on the actual idea.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:44 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:

I love how people take numbers entirely literally on this forum. Those can be changed. Those can be balanced. Take the numbers out of the equation, and give your opinion on the actual idea.

Most people on this forum love to look like they're smart. No wonder it's so dead around here now.

Personally I think it's a decent idea, maybe restrict to one planet a week/day. Perhaps Dan could even code something in so when a planet is destroyed a new planet is randomly generated, would keep the planet numbers stable.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Hehe or Dan can be even more evil and make the ability with a benefit as well as a downside. Like you can destroy said planet but there is a 15% chance it will also destroy another of your planets at random in collateral damage. Makes ya second guess the benefit if you may loose a 20x or storage planet.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:18 pm

coolmankiller wrote:

Not sure about the numbers, but love the idea and have thought this myself....( the idea of planets being able to be destroyed at least).

+1

:)

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:23 pm

I would accept that better than a 90% fail.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:

but u can fail on the destroy attempt maybe? "Your attempt at destroying the planet has failed. You had a 90% chance of success!" ?

what u reckon lol?

:D

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

I choose a big modifier because I thought when you are rank 2000 you are probable getting half a million a hour total so getting thousands for 5000 energy would be fine.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

stevo2012 wrote:

but u can fail on the destroy attempt maybe? "Your attempt at destroying the planet has failed. You had a 90% chance of success!" ?

what u reckon lol?

idk....would be cool to see:

You had a 100% chance of invasion but weapons power obliterated planet. It has been removed from your data base. Nice work numbnuts

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm

I always thought it was stupid to fail with 500 000 unbuffed attack. I failed twice last month on planets with 0 defense.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:23 pm

stevo2012 wrote:

what u reckon lol?

idk....would be cool to see:

You had a 100% chance of invasion but weapons power obliterated planet. It has been removed from your data base. Nice work numbnuts

omg thats hilarious....measured attack required...interesting idea and funnny as hell too... :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

im in!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:57 am

instead of artifact points make it give a random artifact and possible 1 gp the gp would be a .00001% chance type deal where you an get all other sorts of artifacts.

and to solve funks little joke have it where it not attached with the invade button lol.

other then that it a nice idea just switch from artifact points to it giving a random artifact with possible gp chance

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:00 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:

You failed to get the basic message my post was making. You bulk up on energy, destroy planets for a large chunk of ap, tri matrix. Also have less planets on scan so you can now scan a bunch more planets, and then destroy even more.

The point of the planet cap is it stops a players ap from accelerating out of control. Say I had 100k energy, using these numbers thats 20 planets destroyed per cube. 20 planets worth of ap is a large chunk. i can reinvest it in energy, destroy even more planets per cube for even more ap for even more energy growth.

The problem is its like if dan introduced android fabricaters, ap haul crew artifacts that add ap/hour with no limit. In its current form without serious stipulations its horrifically unbalanced and unhealthy long term.

The only way I can see not opposing the idea is
1. a time limit. you can only destroy x planets every y days, with potential increases from medal points and allys.
2. it eats up a purger to use the ability as well as the energy.
3. the amount is reduced significantly.
4. unoccupied only.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Peticks wrote:

I refer you to my earlier point of taking numbers literally.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:12 am

ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:

I refer you to my earlier point of taking numbers literally.

:roll: just ignore the entire point of the post I explained to you, 1, 2, 4 and selectively pick out the lesser of several requirements only laid out in the follow up as vindication for being too ignorant to understand the fact that allowing ap to unhampered breed ap is horrifically unhealthy for game balance. A round of applause for the champion of avoiding confronting the issue with the suggestion.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:54 am

Peticks wrote:
just ignore the entire point of the post I explained to you

Yes.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:05 am

Nuron wrote:
ActualFate wrote:
Peticks wrote:

Most people on this forum love to look like they're smart. No wonder it's so dead around here now.

Personally I think it's a decent idea, maybe restrict to one planet a week/day. Perhaps Dan could even code something in so when a planet is destroyed a new planet is randomly generated, would keep the planet numbers stable.

Something different, I'm in....

By the way, I'm real smart :ugeek:

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next