View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 replacing lost planets in the game 

most higher level players have made multiple planets invincible,which has taken good planets out of the system when they leave/go inactive/get banned. I would like to suggest a new seasonal event, focused on scanning where there are a dozen natural dysons sprinkled into the system to replace lost ones.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 pm

agreed with you to certain part. The planets that are invincible and owned by players who quit or met the ban hammer should not be invincible unless their Mission Planets. Maybe add in a new option that if the player goes inactive so does the Invincibility on your planets or after certain number of days. ie 14 days not logged in there goes your Invincibility on planets until you logged back in. It could be auto passive ability on morphs.

It's a good idea as most scan runs these days are bad and out of 8,8m planets 8m or so are worthless trash. It wouldn't hurt to add some new planets like several Dyson planets to replace the lost ones which got Rifted. But it is completely up to Dan.

Back before I reset I had just over 1k scan (Don't judge I came back after 2 yrs break to my rank 200 ship) and I could scan a Large Terra at least. These day's I'm at 2k scan power and nothing else than Toxic & Gas planets mostly. My scan run consists of scanning 100 planets per run and for 6 past scan runs (600 planets total) I had 0 Terra planets not even a small one :(

The pool of goodies is dried out.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:28 pm

I have no clue what you expect to find running 100 scans. That's not a scan run. Thats a roll of the energy dice and a hail mary.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 pm

metty wrote:
most higher level players have made multiple planets invincible,which has taken good planets out of the system when they leave/go inactive/get banned. I would like to suggest a new seasonal event, focused on scanning where there are a dozen natural dysons sprinkled into the system to replace lost ones.

this is basickly crap - the only planets beeing taken out of the system are Dyson Planets
that are rifted and/or turned invinsible

other then those, good planets are not something you find, you make them or steal them from other players
yes theire are a limited number of gaia seeds, melters and other good transformation artifacts you can use
but even once you run out of those, you can always keep making Demon planets.

and as you get the Thermionic Intensifier in the TC lab, theire are basickly no limit to how many like that one here you can make.

Astral Trinity wrote:
Back before I reset I had just over 1k scan (Don't judge I came back after 2 yrs break to my rank 200 ship) and I could scan a Large Terra at least. These day's I'm at 2k scan power and nothing else than Toxic & Gas planets mostly. My scan run consists of scanning 100 planets per run and for 6 past scan runs (600 planets total) I had 0 Terra planets not even a small one :(

the main problem here isnt planets beeing invincible, but that if you cloak your x22 planets proberly, they are imposible to scan
that changes if the player becomes inactive/gets baned, as once a player becomes inactive, cloak on theire planets slowly drop - but no one can give you the precise numbers for that
I have found quite a few x15+ artifact planets, owned by players who have gone inactive
it just a question of running 25K+ scan and beeing lucky

so please, 2K scan :)
if you want a chance to find something, add more sacn

even a standart pure production vl terra planet, where you add 2 * Adumbrate Station, Isolation Bureau, Scruuge Calibration Chamber, Silthion T-Plasma Vesicle, Shrine of B'elna and Crimson Rift Aperture for production can easily have 4K+ cloak
making it imposible for you to find to find

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 pm

I was pointing out towards the planets that are yet to be still found in between the garbage planets. Not to the planets that are cloaked and I know from a fact that Icarium did scan a maxed out planet but it was invincible he kept saying he might contact Dan to remove 1 morph of it. So why would we need to bother Dan about something like that? I still would stick to the idea if the player goes inactive the invincibility of the planet gets removed with the cloak drop.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:07 am

All of this said, banned/inactive planets should become available. Especially banned.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:09 am

Astral Trinity wrote:
I was pointing out towards the planets that are yet to be still found in between the garbage planets. Not to the planets that are cloaked and I know from a fact that Icarium did scan a maxed out planet but it was invincible he kept saying he might contact Dan to remove 1 morph of it. So why would we need to bother Dan about something like that? I still would stick to the idea if the player goes inactive the invincibility of the planet gets removed with the cloak drop.

again crap, theire are still dyson planets out theire to be found
found 3 of these in the last 12 months
1 owned by an inactive player the other 2 Unoccupied

Astral Trinity wrote:
My scan run consists of scanning 100 planets per run and for 6 past scan runs (600 planets total) I had 0 Terra planets not even a small one :(

The pool of goodies is dried out.

if you are talking terra planets in general, I found these + 3 VL x2+ I conlonzed on my last scan run

+ have 111 enemy terra planets on scanner

it's just a question of scanning enougth planets, and running high enougth scan to actualy find them
if I scan 800 planets (witch I usealy do i one scan run), I usealy get 5 to 10, that worth taking,

so 100 planets :), no suprice you didnt find anything

DarthNefarious wrote:
All of this said, banned/inactive planets should become available. Especially banned.

no they shouldnt

if A player payed to rift a planet, (and by doing so also payed to make it invincible) it shold stay on that players account, even if he go inactive or is baned, becourse that is presisly whay they payed for.
that way, all players can only own 3 rift planets.... and not gain 3 more pr dummy account they make and let go inactive

as for Morphogenic Inhibitor, NO - you shouldn't be able to get 3 of them for free if a player who made a planet invinsible with 4 of them.

yes, it's anoying to find a planet like this one that you cant steal becourse it have Morphogenic Inhibitor

but that what the artifact does, bind the planet to the players account so it cant be stolen

another way to look at it is, the owner used those Morphogenic Inhibitor to protect an investment he made in the game,
in this case 2 QSE, 1 RT and 2 Scruuge Hoarding Vault IV - so if you remove the protection invinsible, you should also refund the GP / real $ that player spend upgrading the planet
so to avoid complications like that, as long as that account exists, the planet should stay invinsible

if anything, planets owned by Baned players, should instead be REMOVED from the game, and not be made avalible for other players to exploid.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:59 am

On point Darkmar

If you want to actually find planets, you have to do an enormous amount of scanning. Not 100 scans and whine you found nothing at 2k scan. At least try.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Meanie ;-;

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 pm

or just keep mooching :D

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm

After a point, scanning for "good" planets just isn't terribly useful or a good use of your time. It's all really just a gamble. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but it's also very "meh" after you've been doing it for years and you're used to mostly just finding garbage.

--> Scan for +% Cloak artifacts to steal
--> Scan for a good Dyson to Rift-out
--> Bonus: Maybe find a cool 15-22x planet from an inactive/banned player.

It's easier and a lot more rewarding to make your own cool planets.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]