View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Years of play medal catch up 

Mythra wrote:
I really hate to come off as being cynical, but this thread really is starting to scream:

"I can't buy my way into the time-gated rewards, so a mechanism where I can buy my way into it should be added."

"If I can't buy my way into time-gated rewards, then that #&$# just needs to be nerfed for everyone else because it's unfair to ME that they discovered the game before I did."

Some people just want to see the world burn.

theire is a difrence betwen good award and gamebreaking awards....

I own Prismatic X134, so potentioaly we could be in the 15K to 25K range now, if all players with lower number prismatic planet then me was still active....
luckily theire are "only" 11 * 1% boosts on the planets for now

but x players with an active prismatic link = y AP's pr hour (with my base production)

Quote:
100 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^100 = 15278 AP/hr
150 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^150 = 25128 AP/hr
200 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^200 = 41320 AP/hr
250 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^250 = 67957 AP/hr
. . ..
500 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^500 = 817786 AP/hr

and that without the 80K upgrade or Prismoda Ambassador

acording to Odragons calcylations, his prismatic will end up making around 13.5K AP's pr hour once he gets the 5 Prismoda Ambassadors
and that' with only 10 or 11 boosts

I dont know about you, but for me having a single planet you only get access to if you have played for 7+ years make 100K+ ap's pr hour isnt good for the game.

Last edited by DarkMar on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm

DarkMar wrote:
I dont know about you, but for me having a single planet you only get access to if you have played for 7+ years make 100K+ ap's pr hour isnt good for the game.

i agree that the current implementation of this feature of the 7 year content is problematic and that it should be nerfed somehow.

but i don't agree that any hurry-up mechanism is desirable. if someone runs out of content, that is their own doing. there have been plenty of players who have previously reached 'end of game' status and either quit or waited patiently for new content. for the ones who have stuck around, Dan has rewarded them with legion missions, raix market, uldrinan market, corruption market, and now prismodyne.

the majority of the game is currently oriented to those players under rank 2k (1k for NPCs - the only NPCs unlocked after rank 1k are Stryll Genosynth at 1201, and at 2200 you get Dark Mass Carriers and Balthions). Dan has tried to coax more people into playing beyond that point, but so far there are very few who have taken the plunge and have continued to wait patiently for Dan to come up with something new for them.

to my mind, instead of gating the newest missions at 4k decks (or 20k decks for that one scan mod), he should be considering putting higher rank restrictions on any new mission chains that come out. currently the highest rank needed to unlock every single mission in the game (other than porowyn) is rank 500, which is way too low. there should be rank restricted missions above 1000, above 1500, above 2000, and above 2500.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

id also add, it takes medal pts..which equal play..rank which equals play..and lots of ctp..which should equal play to build that prismatic up...mine is a few days away from the 80k option....while a TON of people having it certainly would be a huge benefit to those who have it..it appears that will not be a huge issue.

Also pretty much everyone who is close or has porowyn is already in a pretty scary ap class compared to most players...

This doesn't mean a reasonable adjustment shouldn't be done..i just don't see it as super scary as is.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Mythra wrote:
I really hate to come off as being cynical, but this thread really is starting to scream:

"I can't buy my way into the time-gated rewards, so a mechanism where I can buy my way into it should be added."

"If I can't buy my way into time-gated rewards, then that #&$# just needs to be nerfed for everyone else because it's unfair to ME that they discovered the game before I did."

Some people just want to see the world burn.

Good for you, you chanced upon the game early. Well done, does his lordship want a medal... Oh wait, you dont just want a medal. You want crutches, for your great victory of finding the game near the start and many years march to build up your ship on the newer players. Frankly I have zero respect to the argument that based on something nobody chose they deserve special privileges. You know what your reward should be for having found the game 2 years earlier than someone else? Those very same two years of extra time you had to build and play. Nothing more, Nothing less. But this, is a compromise. Where you still get your additonal game sponsered advantage, based on time, but players can put in effort even after they are worthy having earned the 2500 medal point mark, to slowly, reach and access this content and these boons. Effort which you do not need to expend. Worth you do not need to prove.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:51 am

senatorhung wrote:
DarkMar wrote:

i agree that the current implementation of this feature of the 7 year content is problematic and that it should be nerfed somehow.

but i don't agree that any hurry-up mechanism is desirable. if someone runs out of content, that is their own doing. there have been plenty of players who have previously reached 'end of game' status and either quit or waited patiently for new content. for the ones who have stuck around, Dan has rewarded them with legion missions, raix market, uldrinan market, corruption market, and now prismodyne.

We can point it out till the cows come home, One of these is not like the others. Now, is it the ulrudi chain, that everyone can do. Is it legion missions that every can find play in. Is it prehaps the raix or corruption chains? Or is it the mandatory 'well you need to have joined 7 years ago to do jack' prismodyne chain. Players who are out of content are out of content. Demanding they wait for content to be released then telling them that they can have it in several years time is a great way to piss people off. Lets look at mmos as a great example of games that require players to keep coming back. Now, do they A. release content with in game restrictions, say your level, other achievements you've done? Or B. Release content based on when you joined up so that if your out of content well, you gotta wait a couple of years, then you get your carrot to come back. No sane game or sane playerbase rallys for people who have finished most of the content, done just as much in the game, but joined it earlier to wait to access any chunk of content for years. I dont know if you've noticed, but players are leaving. Players are not a infinite resource to be discarded based on your sense of entitlement for having been here earlier regardless of in many cases how little you have managed vs the newer players. Mandating waiting periods on new content with no way to speed through them is a great way to hemmorage players. And not just players, The players that actualy matter, the ones who actively play and so most likely actively spend.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:16 am

senatorhung wrote:

but i don't agree that any hurry-up mechanism is desirable.

^This.

If this thread had been a suggestion that the 7 year reward could stand to be capped or nerfed at some point, rather than an attempt to convert the flow of time into an exchangeable commodity, it would quite possibly have something close to near unanimous support.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I don't think that the suggestion in this thread is a bad idea.

A better idea would be for Dan to just release more new content more regularly in which case it wouldn't be necessary and could continue on as is.

As Peticks mentioned, though, if the only real new content is time-gated to the point where very few people will ever see it, then folks will quit when they run out of things to do. And though Senator's suggestion that it's people's own damn fault for running out of things to do is valid, it's also not realistic. It's easier now than it was before to run out of content, but unlike before there is no new influx of content to keep folks busy.

Even a bi-weekly or two a year, when combined with the seasonals, would stand a better chance of keeping folks around.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I see some assumptions here that the +1% thing isn't capped, as well.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't capped. If it's not, then it's an oversight.

Just a thought, but what if the "Power" stat on the Foundation structure determines how many +1% bonuses you can receive?

Just look at the name of structures (http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... Foundation); it kind of makes sense...brokering trade deals with other Prismatic planets for fun and profit.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8