View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Years of play medal catch up 

Zombiekiller531 wrote:
+1 for catch up mission idea.
However, I definitely think it shouldn't be a daily mission, maybe every 2-3 days. This still allows for catch up.
There are also problems that this could bring up. Firstly, players who already have 7 years under their belt would also have access to the mission. Nothing would be stopping them from increasing the amount of days played for them. Players with already 7 years played would be hitting the 8 yr mark even faster, which could force Dan to make more content faster and not have it tested as thoroughly.

When even on the veritably venerable forum with a userbase consisting of mostly players who joined in the first year or two seeing so many supporting is great to hear.

My personal feeling was that timing it as a daily was a fair compromise, as it would mean each year, if you did the daily completely and raixed it (which you wouldn't except in this example normaly as seasonals dailys would probably take precidence in many cases) you could catch up 2 years worth, It would take a completely new player 3.5 years to catch up with the oldest player on the completely chance based 'when did you find gl' stat, so its not like it still wouldn't take time, but it would be possible rather than completely undoable as we have now.

I did put that the mission greys out once you hit the 7 year medal but prehaps I should elaborate. The grey out condition would be set at (days played + mission complitions => X years*365 ) with X being the current maximum yearly medal. So you wouldn't be able to push past the maximum yearly medal. The best you could do is hit the max medal currently released.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 am

Kevin9809 wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
So you consider sitting around and waiting to be work? You must have tenure somewhere because most of the world doesn't. Amassing more rank, more medals, more decks, more ctp, more gp all take some kind of active effort which is why the yearly is different. For everything else you can choose what you're willing to do and when but not for the yearly. Having a set of medals I couldn't get to wasn't as big a deal until this year, when Dan added a substantial scan and cloak benefit. And just for the record, if that benefit doubles next yearly and I don't have a catch up mechanism, I'm done. Let the lobbying of Dan by my victims begin, lol.

absolutely agree with you. things players cant actively work towards are things that should not be conditions in this game. If you have the rank for the X year medal, you have done the work, the play, required to reach the stage that you should be able to unlock it. But gl says that all you should be able to do to access it is sit around for months, years, twiddling your fingers till you hit that 'Hey, you started X years ago!' time requirement.

Both of you are either ignorant, stupid, or some combination of the two. You CANNOT earn the yearly rewards by simply sitting around. The rewards are locked by rank. Can someone come back from years and attempt to power rank? Sure, but they would also have one of the crappiest ships in the game. I don't see how spending that much GP to buy enough energy to rank, sitting around all day clicking to do said ranking, just to earn a reward and have a terrible ship would be worth anyone's time.

Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 7 years and reaching at least Rank 1800.
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 6 years and reaching at least Rank 1500.
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 5 years and reaching at least Rank 1000.
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 4 years and reaching at least Rank 600.
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 3 years and reaching at least Rank 400.
*Note: The only two rewards you can earn without a rank requirement are years 1 and 2.

Your COMPLETELY missing the point. The point being that when you started the game is completely arbitrary as a block to content is completely absurd. When you started the game is something you had zero control over, so why punish players for it. However the rank requirements are something within your control. So a player who reached rank 1800 after 3 years has achieved just as much as a player who only achieved it after 7 years if the only variables are rank and time played (as in these cases they are to unlock the rewards). So we now need to see JUSTIFY denying the ability to access this content for 4 years with nothing the player can do to speed this up. But there isn't one. Once you have the restrictions based on rank, the only gameplay based lock, it literaly is 'well if you started late you HAVE to just sit around.' Zero people are arguing to remove the rank restrictions! Your constructing that as a strawman of the claim you can achieve the medals simply by sitting around when the actual arguement is that the lock of years played means that players who achieve the actual gameplay lock of rank they can only sit around to get the other lock undone, the lock of time since you found gl. If a ship gets rank 1800 but only joined 4 years ago all they can do is sit around for 3 years to get the reward while ships all around them get the reward. They are being denied purely on the basis of the chance based 'when did you join gl' variable so they can do nothing to work on the reward, hence the timegate lock means just sitting around twiddling your thumbs and there should be a way to speed it up at a cost of resources.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:56 am

senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:
And yeah, the scan and cloak are the breaking factor as they are an accelerating boost rather than simply a static boost. Based on them alone this reward is problematic, But lets also not forget this isn't even a fully revealed reward. Nobody has the 3rd volume prismatic codex out, there are more things to be discovered.

what the frack are you on about ?

Porowyn is 397 scan. Prismatic Drone is another 500 scan. where is this mysterious accelerating boost ?

Even ignoring all things scan and cloak afford aside from planets I can prove its accelerating effect. A higher scan level is an accelerating boost as you can more frequently break through higher cloaked planets. In essence it improves the value of each purger, which is based on your APH, whichs growth is based on your aph.

It essence, If we were to model growth of aph per year (from purgers) as CX where C is a constant and X is your aph then this is Changing C to D where D is C + R where R is the increase of growth value per purger that higher scan affords. So D is greater than C and thus DX (with x as positive which it quite obviously is) is greater than CX. Hence the stat of ap growth per year has been accelerated

And, at the end of the day me selling you on why the reward is an accelerator or the accelerative beneifts of scan simply isn't realy the point. The point is, as you have completley failed to argue against, that there are two possibilities.

Quote:
1. these year reward medals are weak, in which case tens of thousands of ctp to speed up a year towards this 'weak' reward is something you shouldn't oppose, because the value proposition means that the tech cost outweighs the scan benefit and anyone who does decide to speed up is only harming themselves, which is to the benefit of the earlier starters.
2. these year reward medals are powerful, in this case your opposition if you have it to losing your bonus power is sensible, but if they are so powerful then somethings gone wrong and excluding people based purely on 'well you pressed start later' is not a good reason to justify such a bonus.

If the benefit exceeds 100 ctp per day you started early, then frankly the rewards are too powerful. If they dont, then people doing this are harming their stats by wasting ctp in order that they can access this content earlier, in which case why are you complaining about people doing that as if it would hurt the 7 year players? Giving people who started late the opportunity to make this judgement by evaluating the value proposition as they see it is the correct course of action.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:03 am

Peticks wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:
And yeah, the scan and cloak are the breaking factor as they are an accelerating boost rather than simply a static boost. Based on them alone this reward is problematic, But lets also not forget this isn't even a fully revealed reward. Nobody has the 3rd volume prismatic codex out, there are more things to be discovered.

Porowyn is 397 scan. Prismatic Drone is another 500 scan. where is this mysterious accelerating boost ?

Even ignoring all things scan and cloak afford aside from planets I can prove its accelerating effect. A higher scan level is an accelerating boost as you can more frequently break through higher cloaked planets. In essence it improves the value of each purger, which is based on your APH, whichs growth is based on your aph.

It essence, If we were to model growth of aph per year (from purgers) as CX where C is a constant and X is your aph then this is Changing C to D where D is C + R where R is the increase of growth value per purger that higher scan affords. So D is greater than C and thus DX (with x as positive which it quite obviously is) is greater than CX. Hence the stat of ap growth per year has been accelerated

this is complete bollocks nonsense. arti per hour increases based on your planets. planets are restricted by rank. the extra 897 scan from the 7.year stuff has a meagre amount of benefit in terms of planets scanned. this is FUNK's whole argument ... that the highest ship scan still has to find your individual planet out of the billions out there. scanning to grey might only increase the total number of planets scanned per run .. the deeper into your scan run .. the less chance of scanning a highly cloaked planet (i suspect that's what scan chance going from good to very poor does).

i could argue that newer players benefit even more than those benefits given to 7.year players since they have 6 years worth of wiki updates, 7 years worth of forum updates, and they can plan their planet builds when using their melters .. seeds .. crystallizers ... irradiateds. that plus doing missions in a coherent fashion instead of willy nilly as they came out means that new players have a solid leg up over where the 7.year players were at a similar playing time. i would argue that the new players will ALWAYS be ahead of the veterans at the equivalent time played.

your argument that arti per hour is the disadvantage is completely buckshot. i can't remember which old forum sage said it - DF or DarkMar or Taylor Swift or even Icky ... but:

success in GL = arti per hour * time played

that's the only equation that matters. increasing time played artificially does NOTHING to get newer players on par with older players, since they will never be able to catch up in terms of total artifacts used. never. so focusing on the timegate as the most egregious form of gameplay 'unfairness' is totally barking up the wrong tree.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:24 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

this is complete bollocks nonsense. arti per hour increases based on your planets. planets are restricted by rank. the extra 897 scan from the 7.year stuff has a meagre amount of benefit in terms of planets scanned. this is FUNK's whole argument ... that the highest ship scan still has to find your individual planet out of the billions out there. scanning to grey might only increase the total number of planets scanned per run .. the deeper into your scan run .. the less chance of scanning a highly cloaked planet (i suspect that's what scan chance going from good to very poor does).

i could argue that newer players benefit even more than those benefits given to 7.year players since they have 6 years worth of wiki updates, 7 years worth of forum updates, and they can plan their planet builds when using their melters .. seeds .. crystallizers ... irradiateds. that plus doing missions in a coherent fashion instead of willy nilly as they came out means that new players have a solid leg up over where the 7.year players were at a similar playing time. i would argue that the new players will ALWAYS be ahead of the veterans at the equivalent time played.

your argument that arti per hour is the disadvantage is completely buckshot. i can't remember which old forum sage said it - DF or DarkMar or Taylor Swift or even Icky ... but:

success in GL = arti per hour * time played

that's the only equation that matters. increasing time played artificially does NOTHING to get newer players on par with older players, since they will never be able to catch up in terms of total artifacts used. never. so focusing on the timegate as the most egregious form of gameplay 'unfairness' is totally barking up the wrong tree.

I guess my update to the post earlier came before you posted but after you started writing so I'll repeat it directly

Quote:
And, at the end of the day me selling you on why the reward is an accelerator or the accelerative beneifts of scan simply isn't realy the point. The point is, as you have completley failed to argue against, that there are two possibilities.

Quote:
1. these year reward medals are weak, in which case tens of thousands of ctp to speed up a year towards this 'weak' reward is something you shouldn't oppose, because the value proposition means that the tech cost outweighs the scan benefit and anyone who does decide to speed up is only harming themselves, which is to the benefit of the earlier starters.
2. these year reward medals are powerful, in this case your opposition if you have it to losing your bonus power is sensible, but if they are so powerful then somethings gone wrong and excluding people based purely on 'well you pressed start later' is not a good reason to justify such a bonus.

If the benefit exceeds 100 ctp per day you started early, then frankly the rewards are too powerful. If they dont, then people doing this are harming their stats by wasting ctp in order that they can access this content earlier, in which case why are you complaining about people doing that as if it would hurt the 7 year players? Giving people who started late the opportunity to make this judgement by evaluating the value proposition as they see it is the correct course of action.

I disagree with your entire arguement that scan and cloak are basicly worthless, but as your the person who mylarais your planets because 'then you can even out the production' so as to get a few more MINING richnesses that are only giving INCIDENTAL mining production rather than spending that time, even if everything has a litheor or ulrudi so those are not valued at all, as a talth to uplift AP richnesses that give PRIMARY ap production on more planets, so clearly arguing with reason as to why your cost-value propositions are way out of whack is pointless and just leads us down a rabbit hole. If scan and cloak and the other rewards that potentialy will be released later depending on the prismatic codexs aren't important to the degree of 100 ctp to speed up by 1 day these medals then you can just not do it. So directly, I'll ask you the above.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:45 am

no, i IGNORED your false either or choice, since i reject the premise entirely. it's like putting a picture frame around puke or #&$# and asking which one is prettier.

tell you what. i will support a 'speed up' mechanism for the 7.year medals as long as you support a time gate for every other feature in the game that has been introduced in the interim. so for the first 6 months of play, artis can be raided from your cargo. you don't have access to talth, litheor, uldrinan chains until year 3, 4, and 5. you don't get access to legion bases and legion missions until year 2, and year 4. you don't get access to allies until year 4. and so on. that would then be a completely fair trade.off.

_____________Image

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
no, i IGNORED your false either or choice, since i reject the premise entirely. it's like putting a picture frame around puke or #&$# and asking which one is prettier.

tell you what. i will support a 'speed up' mechanism for the 7.year medals as long as you support a time gate for every other feature in the game that has been introduced in the interim. so for the first 6 months of play, artis can be raided from your cargo. you don't have access to talth, litheor, uldrinan chains until year 3, 4, and 5. you don't get access to legion bases and legion missions until year 2, and year 4. you don't get access to allies until year 4. and so on. that would then be a completely fair trade.off.

how are you NOT getting this, Im so baffled at the aparent stupidity on show here.

Either the timegating off rewards is in excess of the value of 100 ctp per day, or it is under the value of 100 ctp per day. There is literally no 3rd option (= to 100 ctp per day is being ignored because the odds of it being EXACTLY 100 ctp per day is infintesimaly small as the value of ctp per day is continuous rather than a discrete variable.)

I believe 100 ctp is a fair valuation of what is acceptable in terms of the value of a day without the X year rewards. Any higher, and the rewards are overpowered and a catch up mechanism is necessary. And lower, and the catch up mechanism is completely benign in that anyone using it is actualy hurting their own ship because they are spending ctp for a lower valued reward and so it wouldn't be used, or would be used to the detriment of younger players and so benefit of older players.

Explain to me the third option where it is neither above, nor bellow, the 100 ctp per day worth of value mark. Because otherwise, its a pretty accurate either or choice. Its either above, or bellow.

And... If its above, im saying 'hey thats too much for simply lucking out and finding gl earlier' but if its bellow then this mechanism has no effect on you in the majority of cases as they wouldn't use it and a positive effect in weakening other players who do it anyway. Attempting to dodge the fact its either above or bellow is because arguing that players should get bonus's for simply pressing join earlier in excess of 100 ctp per day they stumbled across the gl link, in addition to the fact if they played at a equal rate they would allready be well above the later joining competition in all stats, is a much harder sell.

as for the 'well i'll do it if you do this' are you out of your mind so much you dont understand this simple fact. YOU ARE NOT IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU ARE COMPETING WITH PEOPLE WHO STARTED AT YOUR EXACT TIME. 1 day currently adds 1 day to the count that 7 year players have had access to all these features and to the count that the new player has had to these features, meaning your not somehow losing out on the fact that ooooh they started when ulrudi was around! NO! Stop pretending everyone plays in these little bubbles which contain only people who started exactly when they did, or that the idea of a game improving is unfair because it wasn't so good before and so the old players have been wronged. What a stupid state of affairs you are advocating. Old players will have the advantage of the combined benefit of X years of play of a less developed game granted. Old players, for example, have 3 years more of legion missions (im using the implied idea that lms were 4 years old I dont care to look it up right now) or Z years of the option of being ulrudi being available to them. New players having all this availble to them on day one doesn't matter because for every day its avalible to them its avalible to old players and so they counter each other out. While old players have a advantage of these 7 years of lesser ability of nobody is doubting these were not some determental years to their ship, they were positive. However old players have a rigid, distinct advatage OVER new players in that they have 7 years more of Years since joining gl medals and they always will have these benefits, regardless of what the player does. A new player can potential work enough to overtake a less active old player in all sans years of play medals, They cant work to get the years since joining medals though

Whereas I am advocating that hey, old players, the fact you found gl early doesn't mean you should get a bunch of powerful buffs to augment what should allready be a near insurmountable lead by virtue of having 7 years worth of production, ap growth ect under your belt.

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:26 am

How are YOU not getting it you damn nunce?!? Seven years is seven years. Simple. End of story. If it weren't for the 7's like me, Ben, Sooz, etc, there WOULDN'T EVEN BE A GAME. Yeah, we clicked it early. We tolerated the steaming pile of dog sh!t the game was in its infancy, keeping it going while Dan figured out all the broken pieces and tweaked his way to a pretty damn good game in its prime. You know, around the time you joined. We had input into nearly EVERY SINGLE GAME FEATURE self-entitled little snowflakes like you have now. You like Legion Bases? Thank a 7. You like Legion Missions? Thank a 7. You like all the nifty alien races to choose from? Thank a 7. You like all the stuff you can buy with badges? Thank a 7. Medals? A 7. Ship designs? A 7. Your all powerful CTP? A 7. And on and on.

Dan's not going to give us a cut of all the GPs he's sold over the years, so Porowyn is the next best thing he can give the Builders of this game. Here's a thought that would serve you well. Here and in real life. Stop worrying about what other people have. There's a reason Envy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. You're wanting to break the game completely just because someone else has a bigger shiny than you. Flux you.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 am
Profile WWW

You didnt get through the first year, the most difficult time where you had to actually wait such a long time to have a few artifact, shitty planet, no clue about how to build a ship, waste your planet transformer, build a huge ship, go through war, loose load of planet.

You came in the game when everything was so easy it has nothing to do with the first few years of play. You start when everything was easy, already set you had load of advice of all the mistake the older player made.

So let those player who got through so much to be where they are now and fu** off with that stupid idea

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:12 pm

This thread has devolved into folks reiterating the same points over and over, mostly arguing. So, I'll join in too, just to get a slightly different point that seems to be mostly ignored.

I like this idea as it gives younger players a carrot to work towards at a high expense that allows a slight increase in the speed in which they can reach some gated content rather so as to discourage them from stopping playing when they begin to run out of content. I say this ignoring the (rightful) entitlement of the older players that discovered the game first when it was younger, and in the assumption that all new content is going to continue to be gated off for years at a time from all newer players. If the 7 year mission chain is the only real new content (other than useful planets/abilities/upgrades) and Dan does start doing bi-weeklies again, then it'd be nice but less essential in my mind. Because like it or not, the speed that folks can work through the content in the game is faster now than it was 5 or 6 years ago and it would be nice to give folks something additional they can work at. If anybody is interested, a previous post of mine does calculate the speed at which folks can improve how fast they work towards things as a daily action all the way up through a triple daily action assuming that every single day they raix and get a vision of time (which granted is unlikely.)

;tldr, if there's new content such as bi-weeklies that actually get added to the game, I don't see a need for this, but if all new content is only annual going forward and gated off for additional years at a time, then I feel this could (at a cost) encourage younger players to continue playing, which would be a good thing.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:05 pm

There's nothing wrong with daily rewards.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty rewards.

There's nothing wrong with yearly rewards.

There's nothing wrong with time-gated content. Most of the existing end-game missions and daily missions are already time-gated.

There's nothing wrong with giving people cool rewards they can look forward to.

There's nothing wrong with starting a game and being "behind the curve." New players shouldn't join a game and have the expectation of being competitive with people who have been playing since the beginning. That would be an unreasonable expectation.

Anything you add to "accelerate" yearly rewards has to be equally accessible to everyone, including Year 7+ people, which means there would need to be Year 8+ content available. That is stupid. It entirely defeats the purpose of having yearly loyalty rewards. You end up with a nuclear arms race of people doing the Personal Time Vortex daily mission, and everyone is moving at the exact same pace...which just means EVERYONE is still progressing at the same rate, and nothing changes.

Your suggestion is not thought-out. Your idea won't work because of this. It's time to end this stupid thread.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
How are YOU not getting it you damn nunce?!? Seven years is seven years. Simple. End of story. If it weren't for the 7's like me, Ben, Sooz, etc, there WOULDN'T EVEN BE A GAME. Yeah, we clicked it early. We tolerated the steaming pile of dog sh!t the game was in its infancy, keeping it going while Dan figured out all the broken pieces and tweaked his way to a pretty damn good game in its prime. You know, around the time you joined. We had input into nearly EVERY SINGLE GAME FEATURE self-entitled little snowflakes like you have now. You like Legion Bases? Thank a 7. You like Legion Missions? Thank a 7. You like all the nifty alien races to choose from? Thank a 7. You like all the stuff you can buy with badges? Thank a 7. Medals? A 7. Ship designs? A 7. Your all powerful CTP? A 7. And on and on.

Dan's not going to give us a cut of all the GPs he's sold over the years, so Porowyn is the next best thing he can give the Builders of this game. Here's a thought that would serve you well. Here and in real life. Stop worrying about what other people have. There's a reason Envy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. You're wanting to break the game completely just because someone else has a bigger shiny than you. Flux you.

Except your arguement can be turned on its head. You got to shape the game. You got the most dan input, you shaped the game how you wanted it to be shaped. How often does one hear from dan on anything sans a gp or log in related game issue nowdays, or even from years in the past. You got the benefit of deciding how the game was built. We got the benefit of being ignored from the moment we joined. We didn't get to put our ideas out there to anything but a brick wall. Helping building a game isn't some monumental act of charity on the part of the early adopters. Its shaping something they like, into their vision. Who here wouldn't have loved to be able to put out a bunch of ideas directly to dan that he takes seriously? Every last topic on this very forum is evident of the fact people feel pasionately about improving the game because they believe their improvements would make the game better, and they want to make the game better because a better game is more fun for them. Sure, the old players fingerprints are all over the game.... But your fingerprints are all over the game. Its not something you need rewarding for, forum goers of all start times are very happy to share their ideas for how to improve the game even now when its little more than shouting into the void rather than having the devs ear. If dan just listened to suggestions and gave feedback, that ability to potentialy improve our game is reward enough. Sad that you feel you somehow deserve a cut or some bonus for the horrific fact that you had the ability to make things more fun for yourself!

As for your insults, your the one getting all worked up and emotional here, does the idea of, gasp, something not being just for you upset you in some way? The idea that an concrete unearned reward to allow you to have to work less for your stat growth being wrong not pass your mind?

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Mythra wrote:
There's nothing wrong with daily rewards.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty rewards.

There's nothing wrong with yearly rewards.

There's nothing wrong with time-gated content. Most of the existing end-game missions and daily missions are already time-gated.

There's nothing wrong with giving people cool rewards they can look forward to.

There's nothing wrong with starting a game and being "behind the curve." New players shouldn't join a game and have the expectation of being competitive with people who have been playing since the beginning. That would be an unreasonable expectation.

Anything you add to "accelerate" yearly rewards has to be equally accessible to everyone, including Year 7+ people, which means there would need to be Year 8+ content available. That is stupid. It entirely defeats the purpose of having yearly loyalty rewards. You end up with a nuclear arms race of people doing the Personal Time Vortex daily mission, and everyone is moving at the exact same pace...which just means EVERYONE is still progressing at the same rate, and nothing changes.

Your suggestion is not thought-out. Your idea won't work because of this. It's time to end this stupid thread.

Theres nothing wrong with loyalty rewards... untill they cross into the realm of becoming too powerful.

There's nothing wrong with yearly rewards... untill they become too much of the game and/or accelerators
There's nothing wrong with time-gated content... Untill it devolves into sitting around waiting for years with no way to catch up to older players.
There's nothing wrong with giving people cool rewards they can look forward to... Unless the rewards will be so far in the future they likely wont be here or the game will have gone dark. Or rewards they can never get because no matter what they do, a player who joined 2 years before them will always have two of these increasingly powerful rewards that they wont.

There's nothing wrong with starting a game and being "behind the curve." Except when theres nothing they can done to compete.

The Nuance of the issue illudes you.
Most of the existing end-game missions and daily missions are already time-gated. Yes but these are things you actively work towards, and are timegated in the fact that it takes you a few months to complete them then you have the same benefits as those who allready have. You can catch up to older players on these mission chains because they only take a few months to unlock and do not preculde you from doing anything else at the same time. Say there were 5 timelocked chains all at 6 months to complete. You could complete all of them in 6 months in parralel rather than in sequence. While these timegated medals must be completed in a infinitely long sequence which you cant speed up, meaning a player who started 4 years after the game will never catch up with the timegated medals, while they can on the timegated missions. This is the nuance of the issue, the fact you cannot catch up on these accelerating bonus's as opposed to ones from missions which you can.

As for the curve comment, your completely missing the point. at no point have I said anything other than starting behind the curve is ok. If you started 3 years before a player, that player is obviously going to be behind the curve. But if they put more effort in than you they can catch up and overtake you. they have the agency to achieve this. But the medals timegating isn't something you can catch up on. Unless you believe starting behind a curve means you should follow the exact same curve with zero ability to shape your progression curve through harder work or greater spending to eventualy rise above the older players curve if they do not do the same. And if you believe there shouldn't be agency in shaping your curve, then the game may as well play itself as the player does not have imput on the outcomes.

(on june the second)
blabla wrote:
Should have the 7 years in a +- 5 month sad I'm not even rank 1500 yet lol

So your 4 months off your 7 year medal and this doesn't real affect you as even if you could speed it up you haven't even bothered to do the bare minimum rank 1800 worth of play, while players who have played for half your time have done twice as much. I can see why you hate the idea of this being introduced.

as for your final point... Anything you add to "accelerate" yearly rewards has to be equally accessible to everyone, including Year 7+ people, which means there would need to be Year 8+ content available. That is stupid. It entirely defeats the purpose of having yearly loyalty rewards. You end up with a nuclear arms race of people doing the Personal Time Vortex daily mission, and everyone is moving at the exact same pace...which just means EVERYONE is still progressing at the same rate, and nothing changes.
Clearly the definition of catch up eludes you. This mission would not be accessable to you for the same logic zero people have refuted. If yearly rewards exceed X ctp (in this case 36500 per year) purely on the basis of 'gratz on joining earlier' then they are too powerful and people should be able to catch up on them rather than have older players constantly several of these ahead purely based on the chance based join point. If they are lesser in value then the only people harmed by this mechanism are those who do it.

The older persons benefit is the value of 100 ctp per day they found gl early being deducted from the costs of unlocking the Y years played powerboosting rewards. Given its 100 ctp per day for doing jack all and having had more time (yes, less valuable time but its time you could grow none the less that others haven't had) to grow your ship and ensure you were ahead of the curve thats a pretty fair .

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
This thread has devolved into folks reiterating the same points over and over, mostly arguing. So, I'll join in too, just to get a slightly different point that seems to be mostly ignored.

I like this idea as it gives younger players a carrot to work towards at a high expense that allows a slight increase in the speed in which they can reach some gated content rather so as to discourage them from stopping playing when they begin to run out of content. I say this ignoring the (rightful) entitlement of the older players that discovered the game first when it was younger, and in the assumption that all new content is going to continue to be gated off for years at a time from all newer players. If the 7 year mission chain is the only real new content (other than useful planets/abilities/upgrades) and Dan does start doing bi-weeklies again, then it'd be nice but less essential in my mind. Because like it or not, the speed that folks can work through the content in the game is faster now than it was 5 or 6 years ago and it would be nice to give folks something additional they can work at. If anybody is interested, a previous post of mine does calculate the speed at which folks can improve how fast they work towards things as a daily action all the way up through a triple daily action assuming that every single day they raix and get a vision of time (which granted is unlikely.)

;tldr, if there's new content such as bi-weeklies that actually get added to the game, I don't see a need for this, but if all new content is only annual going forward and gated off for additional years at a time, then I feel this could (at a cost) encourage younger players to continue playing, which would be a good thing.

I still feel there would be a need as this is accelerating power that would be unobtainable by anyone who happened to join later but it would certainly be less outright angering when contextualised to how little has been actualy added this year that isn't seasonal. Dan seems to have devoted his efforts and powerful boosts to ships to the early locating community, content the vast majority of people cannot access for at least a year most often longer, thats not healthy when people are being essentialy told that, hey, I did release some stuff, you can have it in 4 years time! Irony drips from the thank you in response for players who are running out of things to do that not only are releases pointless in their regard but they are now facing dan sponsership of what is in essence aid in the form of scan, cloak and a new market (with very likely a infinitely repeatable arti at the end, if not primodyn energy becomes useless after all).

Your right about points being repeated but I am because nobody is addressing the fundamental value proposition arguement where the rewards either exceed X (100 here) ctp per day of having found gl earlier or are lesser, and if they are higher then frankly they are too powerful, while if they are lesser people doing this actualy benefits older players as new players are losing themselves resources. Because its a far harder question being asked than simply going 'nuh uh jealous noobs people who got lucky and found this early get rewards for getting in earlier that cant be anything you can catch up with because exclusive! stop being envious!'

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm

i kind of just want people to post more here, i dont even read, i just see pages of text from peticks and assume the butt hurt o meter is off the charts...

You'd think someone was debating politics, religion, or euthenasia.....

Quick recap:

Peticks - i have great idea that helps me, and thus must be good. Surely others will benefit so we all win.
Others- STFU. Total unneeded coding and waste of time. Play the game and stop worrying about what other have access to, your time will come.

Dan opinion- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....seasonal...$$$....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Interest level.....b/w mongoose masturbating a wallaby and sheet rock decaying in a light mist of ketchup sauce.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm

juiceman wrote:

Circumcision. You forgot circumcision.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 am

Mythra wrote:
juiceman wrote:

Circumcision. You forgot circumcision.

VACCINES !!

_____________Image

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 am
Profile WWW

juiceman wrote:

Quick recap:

Peticks and everyone sub 6 years who isn't senator hung - i have great idea that helps us, and have shown why its good. The vast majority of players will benefit so we all win!
Miserable old tosh's who allready have or are about to get their 7 year reward-THIS DONT AFFECT ME NOOB STOP TRYIN TO TAKE MAH REWARD FOR FINDING GL EARLY!

Dan opinion- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....seasonal...$$$....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fixed it.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:29 am

Peticks wrote:
juiceman wrote:

Quick recap:

Peticks and everyone sub 6 years who isn't senator hung - i have great idea that helps us, and have shown why its good. The vast majority of players will benefit so we all win!
Miserable old tosh's who allready have or are about to get their 7 year reward-THIS DONT AFFECT ME NOOB STOP TRYIN TO TAKE MAH REWARD FOR FINDING GL EARLY!

Fixed it.

Wrong. Going along with your nonsensical notion that "I must catch those guys in front of me," your idea would only make it even harder for new players NOW to "catch up." You don't see that?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Last edited by Darth Flagitious on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:38 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Peticks wrote:
juiceman wrote:

Quick recap:

Fixed it.

Wrong. Going along with you nonsensical notion that "I must catch those guys in front of me," your idea would only make it even harder for new players NOW to "catch up." You don't see that?

Run that by me because that makes 0 sense. Giving players the ability to spend ctp to get the Timegated series requirements of the year melals so they can catch up on these bonus's means that its harder for newer players to catch up with old players? Quite clearly making something from impossible to possible but hard is a improvement.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next