View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Years of play medal catch up 

Peticks wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Wrong. Going along with you nonsensical notion that "I must catch those guys in front of me," your idea would only make it even harder for new players NOW to "catch up." You don't see that?

Run that by me because that makes 0 sense. Giving players the ability to spend ctp to get the Timegated series requirements of the year melals so they can catch up on these bonus's means that its harder for newer players to catch up with old players? Quite clearly making something from impossible to possible but hard is a improvement.

New players NOW, we'll call them nowbies, won't have the energy nor any sustainable way of getting the massive amounts of all-powerful CTP. Therefore, as players who luck into good circumstances (high payout legions, lucky dyson scans, etc.) they will speed away from the nowbies. There would be more and more players who would need caught up to, and that number would grow much faster than it is now. There are only a relative handful of players from the first year left, what you're suggesting would throw ?double? ?triple? ?100x? as many players into the "must be caught" class. Nowbies will have a hard enough time making sense of this game without seeing 75% of the people unimaginably far ahead of them with no way of keeping up (let alone catching up) because of my previously mentioned constraints. You want new players to join and stay, not join and give up in frustration.

When you come up with an idea that actually improves the game, benefiting more people in the long term than it would potentially hurt, come see me.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Wrong. Going along with you nonsensical notion that "I must catch those guys in front of me," your idea would only make it even harder for new players NOW to "catch up." You don't see that?

Run that by me because that makes 0 sense. Giving players the ability to spend ctp to get the Timegated series requirements of the year melals so they can catch up on these bonus's means that its harder for newer players to catch up with old players? Quite clearly making something from impossible to possible but hard is a improvement.

New players NOW, we'll call them nowbies, won't have the energy nor any sustainable way of getting the massive amounts of all-powerful CTP. Therefore, as players who luck into good circumstances (high payout legions, lucky dyson scans, etc.) they will speed away from the nowbies. There would be more and more players who would need caught up to, and that number would grow much faster than it is now. There are only a relative handful of players from the first year left, what you're suggesting would throw ?double? ?triple? ?100x? as many players into the "must be caught" class. Nowbies will have a hard enough time making sense of this game without seeing 75% of the people unimaginably far ahead of them with no way of keeping up (let alone catching up) because of my previously mentioned constraints. You want new players to join and stay, not join and give up in frustration.

When you come up with an idea that actually improves the game, benefiting more people in the long term than it would potentially hurt, come see me.

Except thats not true.
Lets compare a year 0 player and a year 6 player. Lets say the year 0 player (totaly new) is such a newbie that they cant afford the ctp or energy but the year 6 player can. He bumps himself up to year 7 and then he cant do more. Even if the 6 year is the only point a player can first afford the ctp when that year 0 player spends 6 years waiting and hits year 6, they can bump themselves up. So theres a 6 year gap. Under the waiting around system, the year 6 player is 6 years of waiting ahead, which is the same gap. So the year 0 player hasn't been disadvantaged.

BUT this assumes the only place you can afford it is when your a 6 year player, when this varies based on the effort. Harder working or paying players can afford it earlier, so effort allows faster access. A bunch of players could have probably afforded it starting in their 3rd year, the most active players, while less active players would take them longer. This system advantages harder working players or at the bare minimum, assuming two equaly effort players, no change to when someone could afford the ctp and energy as the game progresses ect, is equal to the current system. The only people who could make any claim to be disadvantaged are the oldest players, or players who are far less active compared to those who joined at the same time. And when the disadvantage reduces them to 'only having 100 ctp per day in discount to this purely based on when you joined for this strata of when you found the game rewards, not even effecting anything they actualy put work into' im fine with that.

As for the idea of people who luck into the ctp and energy to manage to beat the other year 0 players, they would end up ahead anyway. Lets say they luck onto 20k ctp, either way they are 20k ctp ahead of their same starting date players. But lets be realy, luck actualy plays a relatively small part in this when you look at the picture over an extended period of time. What tends to matter far more is how much you play the game or spend on gp.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am

I'd only be in favor of your Personal Time Vortex mission series for CTP if the requirement for starting it was having 10,000 Decks.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Mythra wrote:
I'd only be in favor of your Personal Time Vortex mission series for CTP if the requirement for starting it was having 10,000 Decks.

First good idea I see here :) So the ''newer'' player who want the reward for old fart will have there ship crappy like mine haha

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 pm

grenade successful....oh yeah

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 pm

The only good thing about this idea is that its introduction subsequently led to more activity than the forum has seen in the last few months combined, even if a sizable chunk of that activity just consisted of Peticks writing increasingly longer, impenetrably inward-spiralling, Quote-ception megaposts (with graphs!).

Edit: FWIW, I am a few weeks away from my 6 year reward, so my -1 vote can be arbitrarily counted or discounted any way you please.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:59 am

im 17 days from 7 yr so -2 from me

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 am

I'm 19 rank from 6 years medal, unknow days (around 100) and 319 rank from 7 years, so -3

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

just got back from a short vacation so have to read up on a few things in this

Peticks wrote:
How fast you grow is incredibly about how long you have played. How long you have played is the major factor in determining your aph up to that point. Year one it was just T + G, year 2 it was T + G + ASQ and so on. Hence you enter year 7 with a far higher aph than someone who has played for say only 3 years, again

we have to disagrey here, things are not that simple
2 things you are ignoring here

1. the new rank player will gain ranks faster giving him more planet slots he can fill pr day, compaired to an old rank 2200+ player

and

2. yes, how many artifacts like Perpetual HyperTurbine you can make depends on your AP production
but that is countered by the fact that you can only get a limited number of artifacts like Orbital Stabilizer, Intraphasic Hoveroid, Extracted Lithovoric Stem, Litheor Core-Tunnel, Ergosphere Filter, Meta-Tuned Jammer, Litheor Transmutative Locator etc
and that you cant put T.O. TerraFounders on new planets, as they need to be placed as the first artifact

even the GP artifacts you buy, are better now then they were 4 years ago

Scruuge Hoarding Vault III Artifact: 3, Artifact Storage: 6000
vs
Scruuge Hoarding Vault VI Artifact:4, Artifact Storage: 9000

and as some of them can be lifted, most players wont replace them with new versions as that will only end up costing them GP's

all in all that adds up to any new MC x22 (or x23 if you get lucky with morg enghancers) you make, can easily end up with higher AP production then the MC x22 planets owned by old players

giving new players a better potential for AP growth if they spendt the same time in game

Peticks wrote:
Personaly I think its the wrong cost. the medals allready have rank requirements. to get your 7 year medal you need to get rank 1800. If you hit 2200 before you get your 7 year medal the suggested cost is zero. because XP doesn't matter at that point. so 10 clicks each giving 5k xp is simply 10 clicks. While no matter what rank you are ctp holds its same tangible value. Effectively the cost to adding a day is fairly large for those between 1800 and 2200, and zero for those over rank 2200 under xp. It wouldn't cost 2200 rankers anything. under ctp its 100 ctp, 36500 per year, over 50$ worth of gp artifacts each year, for everyone. The concern about slow rankers is adressed in the allready designed rank restrictions imo.

why does the cost have to be exp's
first you are wrong about 1 major thing, gaining exp after rank 2200 isnt free
if it was top 50 on rank wouldnt look like this

Quote:
1. Hringhorni Litheor Explorer 7254
2. AnuBi Zolazin Spy 6347
3. Son Goku Lazuli Fixer 4362
4. Repo Man Inergon Explorer 4265
5. Zartan Litheor Explorer 3987
6. Pac Man Litheor Explorer 3682
7. Lysander58 Zolazin Spy 3662
8. Cytaric Aerlen Explorer 3525
9. IKV JKstroyer Taltherian Excavator 3456
10. XKaiXFreedom Inergon Explorer 3424
11. F U N K Konqul Excavator 3400
12. Opey1 Litheor Excavator 3382
13. Noctua Zolazin Explorer 3279
14. Mythra Litheor Explorer 3224
15. Mekoides Taltherian Excavator 3133
16. Brb Beer Run Konqul Excavator 3068
17. Shone Zolazin Hacker 3001
18. Spudzy Litheor Explorer 2935
19. Boris Theanimal Litheor Explorer 2923
20. Data01 Inergon Explorer 2898
21. Kvick Uldrinan Hacker 2896
22. PLURVION Inergon Builder 2857
23. Exterminus Litheor Explorer 2845
24. JHearth Litheor Excavator 2821
25. XtremeEvolution Taltherian Excavator 2793
26. FaradaySA Taltherian Builder 2790
27. USS Havasu 1785 Zolazin Spy 2755
28. OBEvanKanobe Xecti Fixer 2753
29. Captain Gloval Litheor Explorer 2733
30. The Crack Fox Litheor Explorer 2716
31. Dj Imaoize Litheor Explorer 2660
32. SpaceThug Konqul Spy 2647
33. Im1B4UR Taltherian Excavator 2647
34. BenRh Taltherian Excavator 2569
35. Bloopbloop Litheor Explorer 2560
36. Toothless Lazuli Fixer 2533
37. ZENNN Litheor Excavator 2498
38. Red Wyvern Mylarai Explorer 2497
39. Freelancer Uldrinan Fixer 2459
40. Chtis Aerlen Hacker 2440
41. Paratex Taltherian Excavator 2436
42. JVHMS Zolazin Spy 2402
43. CapitainePaul Litheor Excavator 2401
44. WorldWarIII Taltherian Excavator 2401
45. Shinshun Litheor Explorer 2399
46. Top11 Konqul Excavator 2372
47. OmegaRomnox Zolazin Hacker 2368
48. Missletoe Uldrinan Hacker 2360
49. Pirate Minion Aerlen Excavator 2358
50. Roadblock Taltherian Excavator 2329

problem is, theire are only 44 ships left at rank 2300+, so as you gain rank you slowly lose PvP tagtets, making it harder to get medals where you hit races/professions - making it only posible to get those through legion alerts
and also a lot hardet to pick up badges

and it will slovly makeyour Jam Attenuator less and less effecient for getting badges without gaining any exp, as soner or later if you keep ranking you will end up with less then 125 difrent targets you can hack for badges

and you will slowly lose even the high rank NPC, most of those are gone once you get to rank 3500

but main thing is:

1. you cant sell all your planets for EXP's, tranfere them to a holding account and then restart

2. you cant simply but EXP's from the GTC

3. you cant but GP structures and sell them for EXP's

4. you cant make a dummy account to take the exp cost for you

making EXP an permant in game cost, you cant simply avoid getting by paying credits or real $
or cheat your wau out of with dummy accounts.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Mythra wrote:

blabla wrote:
Mythra wrote:

First good idea I see here :) So the ''newer'' player who want the reward for old fart will have there ship crappy like mine haha

juiceman wrote:
grenade successful....oh yeah

I intentionaly left this to hang to see how many people would agree with it so I could say, I dont actualy think that a condition is not acceptable. If thats the condition being put on it then so be it, I guess a condition make sense given everyone feeling a noob could simply access the mission right away without earning anything if they had the tech and given pushback on the grounds of 'we earned it and you would just buy it' it seems a sensible suggestion to add a condition of some kind, glad to hear of all three of your support for the catch up mechanism, if ammeneded by a 10k deck requirement.

Or, how about instead of using decks a different strict requirement is put in place, a medal point requirement. Medal points tend to be a decent good list of a lot of accomplishments and content people have ticked off. So if this was say, restricted to... 2500 medal points. Currently the 50th place medal position is at 2845 points. But a large amount of medal points consists of the yearly medals themselves, and some to a lesser extent require now unobtainable medals (eg chuhn year 1 and 2, golden aurics past). Given we have people who are actualy at the cutting edge of the 7 year reward struggling to meet even a 2300 required medal point restriction, and these are people with all the yearly medals, their follow ups (eg primatic tectonic compiler, prismatic codexs) with their hideously large medal points included, a 2500 requirement would be pretty strict. Anyone can add 10k decks, but to actualy tick off 2500 medal points, especialy when lacking yearly medals, potentialy multiple yearly medals, is a lot harder.

(A sample of 16 players who have the 7 year medals collected from my bt, anyone under 2620 would've failed to even be able to start working towards speeding it up 2500+120 for the 7 year medal)

Quote:
Slade Total Medal Points Awarded: 2375 - Fails
Dave79 Total Medal Points Awarded: 2420 - Fails
Roadblock Total Medal Points Awarded: 2565 - Fails
Zeiber Total Medal Points Awarded: 3205
James Minteer Total Medal Points Awarded: 2920
Tazpal Total Medal Points Awarded: 2430 - Fails
Dakkar Total Medal Points Awarded: 3145
Whraven Total Medal Points Awarded: 2365 - Fails
Captain Gloval Total Medal Points Awarded: 2860
Bing33NH Total Medal Points Awarded: 2770
Soozerama Total Medal Points Awarded: 2685
Sbutch Total Medal Points Awarded: 2710
I Am Nobody Total Medal Points Awarded: 2030 - Fails
Exterminus Total Medal Points Awarded: 3175
BoloMkXXXIII Total Medal Points Awarded: 2480 - Fails
XenersTheMombat Total Medal Points Awarded: 2875

7 of the 16 sampled fail outright, even with all 6 years previously they wouldn't have been able to access this mission
When we go back over a year, lets say they are only on their 5 year medal, it gets even stricter. They lose 100 + 10 (recruit x gov officials) points. So the new threshold becomes 2730
of those who succeeded the first test (could they access if they were in their 6th year)
Quote:
Zeiber Total Medal Points Awarded: 3205
James Minteer Total Medal Points Awarded: 2920
Dakkar Total Medal Points Awarded: 3145
Captain Gloval Total Medal Points Awarded: 2860
Bing33NH Total Medal Points Awarded: 2770
Soozerama Total Medal Points Awarded: 2685 - fails
Sbutch Total Medal Points Awarded: 2710 - fails
Exterminus Total Medal Points Awarded: 3175
XenersTheMombat Total Medal Points Awarded: 2875

Another two fall short. Over half of the players who have earned the medal so far wouldn't have been able to access the mission were they 2 years previous.

Subtracting every single years medal past that (300 points directly, 20 indirectly from the two compiler medals) the threshold becomes 3050.
Only 3 in the sample, Exterminius, Zeiber and Dakkar would be able to access the mission sans their yearly rewards. Not to get them, but to simply access the option to do the mission at the cost of 100 ctp per days progress. I think a medal point requirement would be a decent way of weeding out players worthy or not worthy of the mission.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:08 pm

DarkMar wrote:
just got back from a short vacation so have to read up on a few things in this

Peticks wrote:
How fast you grow is incredibly about how long you have played. How long you have played is the major factor in determining your aph up to that point. Year one it was just T + G, year 2 it was T + G + ASQ and so on. Hence you enter year 7 with a far higher aph than someone who has played for say only 3 years, again

we have to disagrey here, things are not that simple
2 things you are ignoring here

1. the new rank player will gain ranks faster giving him more planet slots he can fill pr day, compaired to an old rank 2200+ player

and

2. yes, how many artifacts like Perpetual HyperTurbine you can make depends on your AP production
but that is countered by the fact that you can only get a limited number of artifacts like Orbital Stabilizer, Intraphasic Hoveroid, Extracted Lithovoric Stem, Litheor Core-Tunnel, Ergosphere Filter, Meta-Tuned Jammer, Litheor Transmutative Locator etc
and that you cant put T.O. TerraFounders on new planets, as they need to be placed as the first artifact

even the GP artifacts you buy, are better now then they were 4 years ago

Scruuge Hoarding Vault III Artifact: 3, Artifact Storage: 6000
vs
Scruuge Hoarding Vault VI Artifact:4, Artifact Storage: 9000

and as some of them can be lifted, most players wont replace them with new versions as that will only end up costing them GP's

all in all that adds up to any new MC x22 (or x23 if you get lucky with morg enghancers) you make, can easily end up with higher AP production then the MC x22 planets owned by old players

giving new players a better potential for AP growth if they spendt the same time in game

Kind of. While ranks are more difficult to gain at higher ranks past 2200 xp stopps mattering in any real way, so doing, say, lots of rounds of darkness falls under rsl and neural implant to get ctp while ranking up quickly will happen causing quicker xp gain per day than at lower ranks, when most players are far more concious about xp because of troop carriers. You can rank up far faster off missions than npcing, and people are far more willing to spend xp on missions post 2200 when ranking up doesn't cost them troop carriers.

2ndly while its true that a single mc 23x made by a new player (assuming they deck it out with tons of gp items) will be very slightly stronger on account of better gp items old players can make the same planets too, not to mention the seemingly forgotten fact that while these gp items are more powerfull, they are more expensive. So while there may be more quality it comes at a premium. As for things like limited items getting them from missions stops being a thing realy early on. Most players post even say 50-100k will have burnt through most of their supply of limited mission artis like spires and metas ect, however older players will be able to get more easily because with a higher ap they can cycle through planets much faster to find worlds with them on. Overall on this point I'd say its a near negligable effect, and any effect there is is a static effect rather than accelerator, as in the buff is a +X aph rather than an acceleration of ap growth rate

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Personaly I think its the wrong cost. the medals allready have rank requirements. to get your 7 year medal you need to get rank 1800. If you hit 2200 before you get your 7 year medal the suggested cost is zero. because XP doesn't matter at that point. so 10 clicks each giving 5k xp is simply 10 clicks. While no matter what rank you are ctp holds its same tangible value. Effectively the cost to adding a day is fairly large for those between 1800 and 2200, and zero for those over rank 2200 under xp. It wouldn't cost 2200 rankers anything. under ctp its 100 ctp, 36500 per year, over 50$ worth of gp artifacts each year, for everyone. The concern about slow rankers is adressed in the allready designed rank restrictions imo.

why does the cost have to be exp's
first you are wrong about 1 major thing, gaining exp after rank 2200 isnt free
if it was top 50 on rank wouldnt look like this

Quote:
1. Hringhorni Litheor Explorer 7254
2. AnuBi Zolazin Spy 6347
3. Son Goku Lazuli Fixer 4362
4. Repo Man Inergon Explorer 4265
5. Zartan Litheor Explorer 3987
6. Pac Man Litheor Explorer 3682
7. Lysander58 Zolazin Spy 3662
8. Cytaric Aerlen Explorer 3525
9. IKV JKstroyer Taltherian Excavator 3456
10. XKaiXFreedom Inergon Explorer 3424
11. F U N K Konqul Excavator 3400
12. Opey1 Litheor Excavator 3382
13. Noctua Zolazin Explorer 3279
14. Mythra Litheor Explorer 3224
15. Mekoides Taltherian Excavator 3133
16. Brb Beer Run Konqul Excavator 3068
17. Shone Zolazin Hacker 3001
18. Spudzy Litheor Explorer 2935
19. Boris Theanimal Litheor Explorer 2923
20. Data01 Inergon Explorer 2898
21. Kvick Uldrinan Hacker 2896
22. PLURVION Inergon Builder 2857
23. Exterminus Litheor Explorer 2845
24. JHearth Litheor Excavator 2821
25. XtremeEvolution Taltherian Excavator 2793
26. FaradaySA Taltherian Builder 2790
27. USS Havasu 1785 Zolazin Spy 2755
28. OBEvanKanobe Xecti Fixer 2753
29. Captain Gloval Litheor Explorer 2733
30. The Crack Fox Litheor Explorer 2716
31. Dj Imaoize Litheor Explorer 2660
32. SpaceThug Konqul Spy 2647
33. Im1B4UR Taltherian Excavator 2647
34. BenRh Taltherian Excavator 2569
35. Bloopbloop Litheor Explorer 2560
36. Toothless Lazuli Fixer 2533
37. ZENNN Litheor Excavator 2498
38. Red Wyvern Mylarai Explorer 2497
39. Freelancer Uldrinan Fixer 2459
40. Chtis Aerlen Hacker 2440
41. Paratex Taltherian Excavator 2436
42. JVHMS Zolazin Spy 2402
43. CapitainePaul Litheor Excavator 2401
44. WorldWarIII Taltherian Excavator 2401
45. Shinshun Litheor Explorer 2399
46. Top11 Konqul Excavator 2372
47. OmegaRomnox Zolazin Hacker 2368
48. Missletoe Uldrinan Hacker 2360
49. Pirate Minion Aerlen Excavator 2358
50. Roadblock Taltherian Excavator 2329

problem is, theire are only 44 ships left at rank 2300+, so as you gain rank you slowly lose PvP tagtets, making it harder to get medals where you hit races/professions - making it only posible to get those through legion alerts
and also a lot hardet to pick up badges

and it will slovly makeyour Jam Attenuator less and less effecient for getting badges without gaining any exp, as soner or later if you keep ranking you will end up with less then 125 difrent targets you can hack for badges

and you will slowly lose even the high rank NPC, most of those are gone once you get to rank 3500

Oh come on. You know what Im talking about. Post rank 2200 you've lose troop carriers, blade harvesters and dark arms carriers and instead have all their drops (aside from the best, the qse from troop carriers) combined into a single npc with a unfavorable spawn rate and unfavorable drop rate for what people actualy end up wanting off it.

The break points after this are 3501, losing hyperports and pevrons
3601 losing Klethors and grivvs
3801 losing attiroths and clusters.

To reach 2201 you accumulate 96,888,020 xp
To reach 3501, the very first next break point you accumulate 245,140,020 xp.
Thats 2.53x the xp to get to 2201 alone, to get to the point you lose two bosses. Bosses you allready had for most of the first 2201. The idea that xp doesn't fall off a cliff in value once you pass certain break points is absurd, I dont think anyone can realisticly make a arguement that XP holds its value regardless of your rank. While a mc worth of ctp is always a mc worth of ctp.

DarkMar wrote:
but main thing is:

1. you cant sell all your planets for EXP's, tranfere them to a holding account and then restart

2. you cant simply but EXP's from the GTC

3. you cant but GP structures and sell them for EXP's

4. you cant make a dummy account to take the exp cost for you

making EXP an permant in game cost, you cant simply avoid getting by paying credits or real $
or cheat your wau out of with dummy accounts.

to 1, 2 and 3 I say, so? the rank restrictions will still apply. its not like anyone can reset and do this mission and get the rewards right away. The exact same XP requirements as for people who just happened to join early apply. Selling planets is releasing progress in the area of ap/h in order to catch up on something you actualy had not control over, when you found gl, so you can access the aph growth accelerator. Buying ctp from the gtc is the transformation of one tradable ingame resource to another, you dont buy 1k ctp you trade 1k ctp worth of credits to 1k ctp worth of ctp. Unless people are sleeping at the wheel, you dont end up with some sort of net gain in resources. 3. so? More gp to dan for people who wish to buy ctp, cheaper gp artis for the rest of the game as supply increases and demand for ctp rises, not a case where your prohibited UNLESS you buy gp like with gp exclusive ship mods or allys. Seems practicaly the best example of a good way for dan to earn some coin without forcing people to pay up or go without. a Pay or put in more effort scenario.

4 is a issue that I think is being overblown. If someone does make a dummy account then any trace to their main and they lose everything. We see some people try it, and we see people end up being banned. CTP holds its value. Xp just does not. Maybe the 8 year medal should have a higher rank restriction, but really its difficult to solve the issue of the xp value loss given dans stalwart refusal to uncap troop carriers, and refusal to uncap bosses that he doesn't have a higher rank replacement for.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Peticks wrote:
Oh come on. You know what Im talking about. Post rank 2200 you've lose troop carriers, blade harvesters and dark arms carriers and instead have all their drops (aside from the best, the qse from troop carriers) combined into a single npc with a unfavorable spawn rate and unfavorable drop rate for what people actualy end up wanting off it.

droprate for QSE is somewere around 1 pr 50.000 kills, so not getting them from Dark Mass Carriers isnt a huge isue for me
picked up around 15 or so from Non-Player Kills 725.832, and these days you can also get Morphogenic Enhancer from the The Hunt for Mawks: Offworld Pursuit LM, witch basickly have a 33% chance to turn out to be a QSE if you use them the right way.

as for ranking in general

Peticks wrote:
While ranks are more difficult to gain at higher ranks past 2200 xp stopps mattering in any real way, so doing, say, lots of rounds of darkness falls under rsl and neural implant to get ctp while ranking up quickly will happen causing quicker xp gain per day than at lower ranks,

that is basickly crap, If I wanted to, I could easily gain 100+ rank tomorow, simply by ranking on basedonation
still need a few more Engineers to autorank on the darkness falls mission without exp boosts, but adding those isnt realy a huge problem for me.
if you need rsl and neural implant to autorank you simply wasting exp's by not having enougth Engineers

for me losing PvP targets and no longer beeing able to get exp free badges from my Jam Attenuator actualy weight more then losing the T.O carriers when it comes to not wanting to gain to many ranks

so no, I dont agrey with you when you say gaining ranks after rank 2200+ is free....

yes more players are willing to throw exp's after missions after rank 2200+, but doesnt change the simple fact that theire are only 44 Rank 2400+ ships in the game....
if players were realy that willing to rank up, theire would be a lot more....

Peticks wrote:
2ndly while its true that a single mc 23x made by a new player (assuming they deck it out with tons of gp items) will be very slightly stronger on account of better gp items old players can make the same planets too, not to mention the seemingly forgotten fact that while these gp items are more powerfull, they are more expensive. So while there may be more quality it comes at a premium. As for things like limited items getting them from missions stops being a thing realy early on. Most players post even say 50-100k will have burnt through most of their supply of limited mission artis like spires and metas ect, however older players will be able to get more easily because with a higher ap they can cycle through planets much faster to find worlds with them on. Overall on this point I'd say its a near negligable effect, and any effect there is is a static effect rather than accelerator, as in the buff is a +X aph rather than an acceleration of ap growth rate

again, you are missing the point
new players, if they know what they are doing can use those limited artifacts mutch more efficiently

an exampel is the Trellith Structural Energizer
back when I made my rift, theire was a lot less size 1, artifact 2+ structures in the game
so upgraded 2 Hyperforge Fabricator to (100% Upgrade) on it
these days you are a lot better off, only upgrading 1 and then filling the rest of the space with size 1, artifact 2+ structures you can get from LM's
and you can even find rifts out theire that have 3 Hyperforge Fabricator (100% Upgrade)

as for GP structures, Yes Dan slightly raise the price on them each year
but as he also removed the option to lift and re-use them from a lot of the season structures
so if an old player want to upgrade to the latest version of say Auric Lepus Drone, not only do you need to pay around 35 GP for the egg, but you will also be deleting a structure you payed 25 to 30 GP's for, so the real price to do that upgrade is actualy 60 to 75 GP's where on a new planet you only have to pay the 35 GP's the egg actualy cost

yes, old players can also make new planets, exept for the small fact that you only get 5 melters, 5 gaia seeds, 5 Planetary Sentiox and 10 crystalizers witch are the basic artifacts most players use for x22 planets
so unless you find someone willing to sell you a seed/melter you are basickly stuck with Thermionic Intensifier (Uses Left: 62)

yes, you can make some nice x22 planets out of those, if you know what you are doing

but it still a lot easyer with the original tranformation artifacts

as for planet scanning

Peticks wrote:
however older players will be able to get more easily because with a higher ap they can cycle through planets much faster to find worlds with them on

yes, high AP production helps you scan more planets....
but how many times you are willing to run the Stellar Cartography mission is also a huge factor in this

you can find players out theire like stevo2012, who have Stellar Cartography Completion Level: 16.862
and players like me, who try to use it as little as posible, and instead get my purgers from AP production.

so, no high AP production doesnt nesearyly = more planets scaned
comes down to, how you choise to spendt your exp's

Peticks wrote:
The idea that xp doesn't fall off a cliff in value once you pass certain break points is absurd, I dont think anyone can realisticly make a arguement that XP holds its value regardless of your rank. While a mc worth of ctp is always a mc worth of ctp.

it not hard st scale EXP cost to rank, so it doesnt drop off
I said 50K, exp pr day, becourse that basickly = ½ rank pr day you want to catch up at rank 2500
= 182 ranks to catch up 1 year, so 5 years would simply cost you 920 ranks
and as you said yourself, most players would proberly do this at rank 2200++ due to rank requirements on those medals

all you need to do, is change the cost from a fixed number of Exp's to 20 * present rank in exp pr run
ofcourse / 10 pr click if you want to make it 10 clicks pr completion

as for dummy accounts
Peticks wrote:
is a issue that I think is being overblown.

is it now........
you can still see traniess join legions only to leave it a few min later, and then join a difrent legion on a weekly basis

and have seen accounts witch only purpuse semes to be to raise CTP's by selling seeds and melters before they reset, and do it again...

so for me, the price of this do need to be something that cant simply be traded betwen accounts

if you dont like exp's then make it badges, 10 red, 10yellow, 10 blue and 1 green pr day (or 50 mixed badges)
that would also force the players who wants to catch up to actualy play the game.

Last edited by DarkMar on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 pm

+darkmar....

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Sheesh, take a few days away because the cat peed on the modem, and Petdicks is still on about this? FFS...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Updated wiki for Volume 3 item in Market.

Prismoda Ambassador
Item is a planet enhancement like the aerlen patronage
Grants a permanent 6% production bonus on a planet
Planet must have a government official to use. Costs 2,000 E and 6 Prismodyne Energy

This! this is exactly what I was talking about! we NEED a catch up mechanism. The rewards have become far too powerful

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Peticks wrote:
This! this is exactly what I was talking about! we NEED a catch up mechanism. The rewards have become far too powerful

are they now.... :)
they cost 6 Prismodyne Energy = 1 pr 6 * 20 hours = 120 hours or 5 days for players who can live on a 20 hours day circle
for the rest of us, it will be 1 pr week....

and you need to have Galaxy Inquisitors, Galaxy Overseers or some of the other results you get from the Prismatic Domain ability first, to actualy place them on a planet

but these officers gets asigned to a RANDOM planet, so you basickly have no way of controling on what planets get them
so 95% of the times I use that ability, the officers end up on a crap filler planet
so I'm lucky if I actualy have 10 x22 planets where I can place that 6% boost when I get access to it

to powerfull ? .....no, not with the limits you get from needing to have Galaxy officers on the planet to use them

so if you are unluky with the ability, planets like this one could easily be the planets you are actualy able to put the boost on

again, this actualy gives the advantage to players who havent used theire transformation artifacts,
becourse, if they get a officer on a planet like this one, they can then turn it into a x22 with the new 6% boost

if old players want % boosts on theire x22 planets, they are still better off just going Uldrinan and putting Uldri Power Node (Size:1, Research:1, Artifact:+5%) on all x22 planets

or simply paying for Chuhn Trading Forum : Production +5% boosts

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:07 pm

again in recap...if these things are so powerful then we DEF dont want people being able to speed rate to them..

IF only people already strong get them, then its not really hurting the game..drop in the bucket
IF the long term players are weak, then any boost they get for game loyalty (which could involve $ investment and bringing friends in) is deserved for them.

If the benefits are NOT overwhelming, why clamour so hard to get them.

These are gifts as reward for loyalty. Similar to real life, where the longer you work somewhere, the longer your friendship, the more you devote to something..you tend to get rewarded. Higher ranks lose so much already in the game from content, to bt options, to goals, etc.. Year rewards, prismatic and otherwise are carrots to keep people going and entice people not there to keep playing.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm

juiceman wrote:

They ARE grossly overpowered and just because old timers get them without effort (so-called loyalty) does not mean it is okay. I would gladly do whatever Dan required me to to get not only an insane amount of medal points the veterans get for almost zero effort (rank 1800 over 7 years is a joke) but also an ally and then on top of that increasingly broken planet structures/passive boosts ON TOP of a ship module that adds EVEN MORE FREE SCAN....

At this point even at one year behind it is quite frustrating to have no new content for so long and see some barely active players get insane rewards, daily missions, planet structures, ship mods, etc etc. JUST for logging in once or twice in the past two or three years. This is entirely unfair.

What is going to be the 8 year reward ? A planet with 255x in all ressources ??? Daily Mass Surface Melters, Seeds, QSE's, CTP ??? The insanity needs to STOP!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:03 am

if you want to complain about something realy OP
it's actualy this boost

Quote:
Prismatic Philtery(ability): Boosts planet production by 1% ON each prismatic planet that has a philtery. This bonus stacks. Lasts 3 days. Costs 500 energy.

1% might not seme like a lot....but it slowly adds up

I havent done the 80K upgrade, so atm my prismatic is making

Quote:
Mining 40x Mega Rich 5031 units/hr
Artifact 40x Mega Rich 5648.76 units/hr
Research 40x Mega Rich 5070 units/hr

if x players get the boost, this will increase the production to x AP's pr hour

10 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^10 = 6338 AP/hr
50 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^50 = 9288 AP/hr
100 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^100 = 15278 AP/hr
150 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^150 = 25128 AP/hr
200 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^200 = 41320 AP/hr
250 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^250 = 67957 AP/hr
. . ..
500 players - 5648.76 units/hr * 1.01^500 = 817786 AP/hr

and that not even factoring in the 80K upgrade on the Prismatic Federation
or the 5 Prismodyne Academy (Size: 1, Mining: +7, Research: +7, Artifact: +7, Also adds 7% production bonus.)

so unless Dan actualy put some limited on max production on a prismatic planet, this one is what will realy frack up the game.

last data I have on it is:

and

ODragon wrote:
I'm seeing 6 x 1% on my hover over at the moment.

but that from Thu Jun 22, 2017, and I should join that boost club 6 days or so....
(Porowyn's Arrival - Completion Level: 88 of 99)

increasing the production on all "old" prismatic planets even futher

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 am

juiceman wrote:
again in recap...if these things are so powerful then we DEF dont want people being able to speed rate to them..

IF only people already strong get them, then its not really hurting the game..drop in the bucket
IF the long term players are weak, then any boost they get for game loyalty (which could involve $ investment and bringing friends in) is deserved for them.

These are gifts as reward for loyalty. Similar to real life, where the longer you work somewhere, the longer your friendship, the more you devote to something..you tend to get rewarded. Higher ranks lose so much already in the game from content, to bt options, to goals, etc.. Year rewards, prismatic and otherwise are carrots to keep people going and entice people not there to keep playing.

You just dont get it. You almost do in the middle, but just dont make the connection

Speed rate to them? You mean, catch up because you just got lucky with when you joined? forgive my mock horror that simply joining early shouldn't have the game give you institutionalized benefits beyond that of having longer to grow your stats that can't be obtained by those who found the game later

If the player getting them is strong, it doesn't matter
If the player is weak it doesn't matter.
Ergo, giving players buffs doesn't matter in your world. And to some extend thats true, but only if everyone gets the buff. What you have is some strong players getting the buff. making them stronger than the rest of their peer base. And some weak players getting the buff, making them stronger relatively to the rest of the base. In essence this is giving a relative advantage to a section of the playerbase against the others, rather than simply buffing everyone by X%, which would not matter. The stronger the buff your giving is, the more unfair it is to the rest of the playerbase if they cant actively work towards unlocking it. Even those sub 5 years who aren't so hot on a catch up mechanism overall (but have no idea how to fix this) are angry at the 7 year medals buffs being offered, dan having gone way overboard on this one. under your thinking literaly NOTHING dan gives old players matters. The point is, look at the oruas eye for instance. Its clearly a powerful buff. if, say, it was doubled, that would be fine because everyone can get it and so the overall ballance is not broken, everyone can work towards it so it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Everyone who puts in the work to unlock it, has an equal buff so they remain roughly where they were before relatively. But if say, only players who joined on odd days could get it, then half the playerbase would be raised above it with a powerful boost that the other half couldn't. The game ballance is screwed up and those who purely by chance found the game on an even day is messed over, while those who, again purely by chance, foudn it on an odd day find their status improved for no good reason, but like you and your crew of 7 yearers, is minded not to rectify that because that would result in a relative evening of the playing field and so the decline in their status.

they are overwhelming for a 'when did you find this' reward.

Quote:

Not analogous. Some people work harder in a place, and so should earn rewards faster. Some people do more with a friend, and so friendship gets closer faster. All the 7 year reward measures is when you started, not anything about WHAT you did. So to put a ctp value on it, 36500 per year sounds about right to me as a fair middle ground. Lets say to catch up someone who just casualy was friends with someone for a year, thats equivelent to the amount of extra to become as close. But the idea 'well I met dave at a sports club when I was 20, we've been friends since, chatting from time to time. This new person who I spend far more time enjoying shared interests? He will never be as much of a friend as dave, I've known him for less time afterall!'

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next