View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Years of play medal catch up 

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:
This! this is exactly what I was talking about! we NEED a catch up mechanism. The rewards have become far too powerful

are they now.... :)
they cost 6 Prismodyne Energy = 1 pr 6 * 20 hours = 120 hours or 5 days for players who can live on a 20 hours day circle
for the rest of us, it will be 1 pr week....

and you need to have Galaxy Inquisitors, Galaxy Overseers or some of the other results you get from the Prismatic Domain ability first, to actualy place them on a planet

but these officers gets asigned to a RANDOM planet, so you basickly have no way of controling on what planets get them
so 95% of the times I use that ability, the officers end up on a crap filler planet
so I'm lucky if I actualy have 10 x22 planets where I can place that 6% boost when I get access to it

to powerfull ? .....no, not with the limits you get from needing to have Galaxy officers on the planet to use them

so if you are unluky with the ability, planets like this one could easily be the planets you are actualy able to put the boost on

again, this actualy gives the advantage to players who havent used theire transformation artifacts,
becourse, if they get a officer on a planet like this one, they can then turn it into a x22 with the new 6% boost

if old players want % boosts on theire x22 planets, they are still better off just going Uldrinan and putting Uldri Power Node (Size:1, Research:1, Artifact:+5%) on all x22 planets

or simply paying for Chuhn Trading Forum : Production +5% boosts

Oh can it with that smug crap eater grin. You know exactly that this is another powerful buff added to the allready too powerful 900 scan and 1300 cloak.

Btw. Nice rounding. the ability cools down every 20 hrs, so its 1 use a day, it takes 6 of them to get 6 energy, so thats rounded to a week.

Do you not do lm tasks or invade? wonder what you think entitles you to anything if you dont even to the basics of play nowadys :roll:

95 % of the officers go to crap planets. Seems thats your problem for only having 1 in 20 of your planets be decent lol.

Nobody who has kept their seeds to the point they have, say, 2500 medal points or 7 years is going to seed a terra just because it has a officer on it now rather than wait later. They throw away a ss, rt effect, 2 quasis. They're probably waiting to find ss terras, terras with effects/qses allready ect. So dont turn round and say 'yeah well its GOOD for the newer players because hey, 7 years down the line they will be able to transform a planet ready for the effect allready rather than waiting to get a officer on the transformed world... Nobody is going to wait for that (except maybe senator mylarai, but hes crazy)

Quote:
if old players want % boosts on theire x22 planets, they are still better off just going Uldrinan and putting Uldri Power Node (Size:1, Research:1, Artifact:+5%) on all x22 planets

or simply paying for Chuhn Trading Forum : Production +5% boosts

Its mutualy exclusive with those two? You cant put them on the same planet. Well then thats much less of a issue... Oh wait... its not. Framing it the way you did was clearly absurd showing either some desperation to justify that this 'actualy isn't a big deal... the 7 year reward is in no way too powerfull...' or disconnection from reality. The point of these % artis is, they stack. And so yes, going ulrudi and spending gp on chuhn forums is a good idea to boost up your planets... But this will be a 6% buff ON TOP OF, not Instead of the other buff artis. Effectively this is a 6% buff to any planet that has officers on it, which will be a sizable number allready, with more going as time comes on.

Infact, great bringing it up. Vs a 5 year player you have a year more officers allready on your planets making more of your planets vaiable. So even if the catch up is implemented, theres your get there early bonus -_-

That your pretending this isn't powerful is absurd.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Peticks wrote:
Oh can it with that smug crap eater grin. You know exactly that this is another powerful buff added to the allready too powerful 900 scan and 1300 cloak.

wasnt talking about the sacn/cloak boost was i now

Peticks wrote:
Btw. Nice rounding. the ability cools down every 20 hrs, so its 1 use a day, it takes 6 of them to get 6 energy, so thats rounded to a week.

try actualy reading the post said:
Quote:
1 pr 6 * 20 hours = 120 hours or 5 days for players who can live on a 20 hours day circle

you might be able to run on a 20 hours day circle...
and yes, you can get 1 pr 6 days, but factor in RL,vacations and other unxepected events and you will get somewere around 50 to 60 pr year = rougthly 1 pr week

Peticks wrote:
Its mutualy exclusive with those two? You cant put them on the same planet. Well then thats much less of a issue... Oh wait... its not. Framing it the way you did was clearly absurd showing either some desperation to justify that this 'actualy isn't a big deal... the 7 year reward is in no way too powerfull...' or disconnection from reality. The point of these % artis is, they stack. And so yes, going ulrudi and spending gp on chuhn forums is a good idea to boost up your planets... But this will be a 6% buff ON TOP OF, not Instead of the other buff artis. Effectively this is a 6% buff to any planet that has officers on it, which will be a sizable number allready, with more going as time comes on.

I dont know about you Peticks, but I'm not made of $$$$$$$
I have plenty of x22 planets that doesnt have the 5% Chuhn Trading Forum boost where I could simply pay $$$$ to get more or less the same boost

what is absurd here is you #$&*@ about a 6% boost, that can increase your production with say 5000 ap's pr hour * 0.06 = +300 AP's pr hour once every 5 to 7 days (presuming you have a planet already making 5K ap's pr hour to put it on)

on a planet like this one

the new boost would give me +130 minerals, +242 Aartifact and +124 recearch points pr hour...
but I wont be able to put the boost on this one, as it doesnt have officers

and most x22 planets in the game proberly doesnt make 5K ap's pr hour
you are proberly looking at 2000 to 3000 AP's pr hour for quite a lot of x22 planets out theire

you can basickly get presisly the same, by gaining 4 ranks and colonizing a filler plannet, you can easily get around 300 AP's pr hour from a small x2 terra planet, if you put it on pure production

Peticks wrote:
Nobody who has kept their seeds to the point they have, say, 2500 medal points or 7 years is going to seed a terra just because it has a officer on it now rather than wait later.

also I didn't said anything about waiting, it doesnt matter who placed the officers on a planet
I scan plenty of filler planets, where 5+ years players have been "lucky" enougth to get officers
players choise planets with SS and other permanent planet effects for x22 upgrade projects - just adds officers to that list that make planets interesting upgrade projects so you can later get the 6% bonus on it

as for presuming that 7 yeras players doenst have any planet transformation artifacts left, you couldnt not be more wrong...
they might not be seeds or melters, but I still have Octafari Hydroshifter (Uses Left: 6),Isolytic Irradiator (Uses Left: 12) and 1 Planetary Sentiox I can use to make colossal x21/x22 planets

you can find so many Irradiated Massive Mining: 18x Mega Rich Enemy planets out theire, that theire are basickly no reason to wast your Isolytic Irradiator making something you can simply steal

so instead I use them to make planets like this one

but as I said before, I'm not made of $$$ - so I do this in a passe that fits with finding a planet worth upgrading (SS or some other permanent planet effect) and beeing able to find someone willing to sell 2 qse's for CTP's or me beeing willing to spend some real $$$$ getting them

as for
Peticks wrote:
95 % of the officers go to crap planets. Seems thats your problem for only having 1 in 20 of your planets be decent lol.

when you have Planets Occupied 537, they are not all going to be x22
proberly own around 70 Very Massive+ x20+ planets, the resy are fillers that produce 300+ AP's pr hour and help increase my storidge

in therori 70 / 537 = a 13% chance to actualy get those officers on of those planets
but the actual rate semes to be a lot lover then that,

so no, that 6% boost isn't realy so OP compaired to everything else you can do to upgrade your planets :)

as I said, the real OP boost here is the Prismatic Philtery(ability): Boosts planet production by 1% ON each prismatic planet that has a philtery. This bonus stacks. Lasts 3 days. Costs 500 energy.

unless Dan put some kind of max on that one, soner or later your prismatic planet will end up making more then all your other planets combined.

and the Prismodyne Academy (Size: 1, Mining: +7, Research: +7, Artifact: +7, Also adds 7% production bonus.) are also OP, but can live with that as you can only use them on a single planet

cloak/scan......
is a bit harder, becourse high rank also = you will have more colonized planets and need more scan to get new planets, so it a natural game mecanism
but yes, it does forces players to slowly add more cloak to theire x22 planets, and players that doennt get the year medals will slowly lose ground by not getting those upgrades.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:03 pm

*watches mic drop ......

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 am

Peticks wrote:
Not analogous. Some people work harder in a place, and so should earn rewards faster. Some people do more with a friend, and so friendship gets closer faster. All the 7 year reward measures is when you started, not anything about WHAT you did. So to put a ctp value on it, 36500 per year sounds about right to me as a fair middle ground. Lets say to catch up someone who just casualy was friends with someone for a year, thats equivelent to the amount of extra to become as close. But the idea 'well I met dave at a sports club when I was 20, we've been friends since, chatting from time to time. This new person who I spend far more time enjoying shared interests? He will never be as much of a friend as dave, I've known him for less time afterall!'

These workplace analogies aren't doing you any favors. Many companies offer rewards and incentives for hard work and good performance, and also for tenure and seniority, often times in the form of separate bonuses that take different forms.
Why is it such a huge deal to have a relatively tiny handful of awards given for longevity rather than ability? If there were no rewards at all for those who work harder and better, this would be a problem and a huge flaw in the game's design (and corporate incentive structures), but there are plenty of these rewards. Far more than there are for mere time played, I might add.

[sidenote: And that's not even getting into the fact that, if ctp is used as the currency with which to 'buy' time, the amounts which you're suggesting would be more likely to be acquired by trading than actually playing the game per se. While emergent in-game economies can make for interesting case studies, what exactly makes someone who shuffles a bunch of planets around an inherently better player than someone who maybe just doesn't rank as often as you? Also, you repeatedly dismiss everyone who comes out against your idea as being motivated solely by self-interest, but let me ask you this... would you have come up with this idea, in this form, if you were ctp-poor right now?]

You keep bringing up these examples, both hypothetical and concrete, of players who have built strong ships, acquired high levels of aph, earned tons of ctp, etc. in a fraction of the time of some of the 'placeholders' who have reached the 7 year mark with comparatively fewer accomplishments, and then rhetorically wondering why the first group doesn't deserve a reward. This wonky argument requires you to, intentionally or otherwise, ignore or omit the fact that the same accomplishments you keep trumpeting are for the most part already intrinsically rewarding (and those that aren't, like ctp, can be used to acquire other rewards already).
You're pointing to these signposts of achievement - my strong ship, my huge number of maxed arti planets, my enormous pile of ctp that I can swim through like Scrooge McDuck - and failing to notice their own inherent value, trying instead to use them as some sort of justification or leverage for being given even more, weirdly asking 'don't I deserve something for all this great stuff I got?' Well yes, you do... you deserve your strong ship ship, your ton of high production arti planets, and your crapload of ctp. Those are the rewards! This doesn't mean you deserve to get rewarded a second time because of all your previously earned rewards. You also don't deserve rewards bestowed to other people for completely unrelated things.

In keeping with the workplace analogy... strong ships, high aph, lots of ctp, whatever... those are the equivalent of raises and bonuses for good performance and hard work. Pointing to all that stuff you earned and arguing that you deserve additional rewards for the rewards you already got, like some weird meta-reward, is like marching into your boss' office and saying "'I got this huge salary and all these bonuses from working really hard... aren't I entitled to something in return"?
Pointing to all that stuff you earned and arguing that you also deserve someone else's reward for loyalty and longevity that has no relevance whatsoever to your performance-based rewards is even stranger, like trying to argue that since you won an Oscar as a child actor, they should just give you the lifetime achievement award now at the age of 14 and be done with it. It would be the workplace equivalent of suggesting that the 20% pay raise and corner office you earned through hard work means that you should also receive the extra week's vacation that Jim in Accounting got for being with the company for 10 years, and probably his .75% cost of living increase for this year, too.
Like, yeah you did great things, and you got great stuff. That doesn't mean you're suddenly entitled to literally every damn thing in the place.

[sidenote 2: The fact that you keep bringing up these examples of ships that have, through hard work or smart play or whatever, sailed way past others who have played for longer - in terms of SS, aph, etc. - continually contradicts your claim that the time-based awards make it impossible for newer players to catch up. You are literally name-dropping specific 'newer' players who have surpassed the standings of older players, in order to argue that newer players can't overtake older players. What?]

TL;DR version: You got a bunch of cool stuff in the game for being a 'good' player. Some other players got a few different cool things for being long-term players. One day, you and everyone else will get those exact same different cool things too, by meeting the exact same criteria, in addition to the rewards you already earned for yourself, and will presumably continue to earn for yourself, unless you get swallowed up by the maelstrom of your own butthurt.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:06 am

comaface wrote:
Why is it such a huge deal to have a relatively tiny handful of awards given for longevity rather than ability? If there were no rewards at all for those who work harder and better, this would be a problem and a huge flaw in the game's design (and corporate incentive structures), but there are plenty of these rewards. Far more than there are for mere time played, I might add.

I agree with this sentiment but would argue that there are plenty of rewards, in this case, new development. If the only new development going forward is going to be time-locked, the game will lose quite a bit of appeal for me personally. At this point, I'm looking to see if anything worthwhile is released between now and the 8 year awards. Honestly, I expect there won't be (other than minor upgrades to seasonals.)

It'd be nice to get back to shortly before I joined when there were regular bi-weeklies and new races etc. Or even re-visiting some of the open boxes that haven't been completed yet.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 pm

comaface wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Not analogous. Some people work harder in a place, and so should earn rewards faster. Some people do more with a friend, and so friendship gets closer faster. All the 7 year reward measures is when you started, not anything about WHAT you did. So to put a ctp value on it, 36500 per year sounds about right to me as a fair middle ground. Lets say to catch up someone who just casualy was friends with someone for a year, thats equivelent to the amount of extra to become as close. But the idea 'well I met dave at a sports club when I was 20, we've been friends since, chatting from time to time. This new person who I spend far more time enjoying shared interests? He will never be as much of a friend as dave, I've known him for less time afterall!'

These workplace analogies aren't doing you any favors. Many companies offer rewards and incentives for hard work and good performance, and also for tenure and seniority, often times in the form of separate bonuses that take different forms.

[sidenote: And that's not even getting into the fact that, if ctp is used as the currency with which to 'buy' time, the amounts which you're suggesting would be more likely to be acquired by trading than actually playing the game per se. While emergent in-game economies can make for interesting case studies, what exactly makes someone who shuffles a bunch of planets around an inherently better player than someone who maybe just doesn't rank as often as you? Also, you repeatedly dismiss everyone who comes out against your idea as being motivated solely by self-interest, but let me ask you this... would you have come up with this idea, in this form, if you were ctp-poor right now?]

You keep bringing up these examples, both hypothetical and concrete, of players who have built strong ships, acquired high levels of aph, earned tons of ctp, etc. in a fraction of the time of some of the 'placeholders' who have reached the 7 year mark with comparatively fewer accomplishments, and then rhetorically wondering why the first group doesn't deserve a reward. This wonky argument requires you to, intentionally or otherwise, ignore or omit the fact that the same accomplishments you keep trumpeting are for the most part already intrinsically rewarding (and those that aren't, like ctp, can be used to acquire other rewards already).
You're pointing to these signposts of achievement - my strong ship, my huge number of maxed arti planets, my enormous pile of ctp that I can swim through like Scrooge McDuck - and failing to notice their own inherent value, trying instead to use them as some sort of justification or leverage for being given even more, weirdly asking 'don't I deserve something for all this great stuff I got?' Well yes, you do... you deserve your strong ship ship, your ton of high production arti planets, and your crapload of ctp. Those are the rewards! This doesn't mean you deserve to get rewarded a second time because of all your previously earned rewards. You also don't deserve rewards bestowed to other people for completely unrelated things.

In keeping with the workplace analogy... strong ships, high aph, lots of ctp, whatever... those are the equivalent of raises and bonuses for good performance and hard work. Pointing to all that stuff you earned and arguing that you deserve additional rewards for the rewards you already got, like some weird meta-reward, is like marching into your boss' office and saying "'I got this huge salary and all these bonuses from working really hard... aren't I entitled to something in return"?
Pointing to all that stuff you earned and arguing that you also deserve someone else's reward for loyalty and longevity that has no relevance whatsoever to your performance-based rewards is even stranger, like trying to argue that since you won an Oscar as a child actor, they should just give you the lifetime achievement award now at the age of 14 and be done with it. It would be the workplace equivalent of suggesting that the 20% pay raise and corner office you earned through hard work means that you should also receive the extra week's vacation that Jim in Accounting got for being with the company for 10 years, and probably his .75% cost of living increase for this year, too.
Like, yeah you did great things, and you got great stuff. That doesn't mean you're suddenly entitled to literally every damn thing in the place.

[sidenote 2: The fact that you keep bringing up these examples of ships that have, through hard work or smart play or whatever, sailed way past others who have played for longer - in terms of SS, aph, etc. - continually contradicts your claim that the time-based awards make it impossible for newer players to catch up. You are literally name-dropping specific 'newer' players who have surpassed the standings of older players, in order to argue that newer players can't overtake older players. What?]

TL;DR version: You got a bunch of cool stuff in the game for being a 'good' player. Some other players got a few different cool things for being long-term players. One day, you and everyone else will get those exact same different cool things too, by meeting the exact same criteria, in addition to the rewards you already earned for yourself, and will presumably continue to earn for yourself, unless you get swallowed up by the maelstrom of your own butthurt.

Again, ctp planet ect are awesome, glad you agree becuase then you'll have to understand this. The reason the catch up mechanism uses the 36500 figure is that it caps how big a reward you get for each year of getting here early. Your reward is 36500 at most per year. If its a 50k reward, players spend 36500 and collect the remaining 13500, the year extra reward is 36500. if its a 30k reward, players dont spend the 36500 so the reward is 30000. Since you accept the inherent value of ctp you must accept that these rewards must be valuable against it. Pounds to dollars, the both have value and can be exchanged for one another without a loss of value if done at precisely the market rate without either party seeing a net loss of value. The years of play is a store of value, ctp is a store of value. Hence, one can be excahanged for the other with no gain or loss of value at a certain rate. Now, name what rate you think this is. The issue is not reward. Its an Exclusive reward that you cannot, in any way shape or form, get. Your right that corprate analogys do no favors to me here, because this is a game, not a corpratation, and its supposed to be fun. Gating off content based on how long you've spent out of the game is moronic. But I'll look at your example and point out the issue. If a company gives someone a bonus for working there for 25 years, its a monetary or translatable into monetary bonus, hence you can translate your money into one yourself. But you are refusing a transfer rate.

Quote:

Its not that they cant catch up in terms of say, attack ect. But they LITERALY cannot catch up in terms of scan or cloak and face artificaly steepened hills by the absurdly powerful time played exclusive rewards. You cannot catch up in terms of time played. No matter what you do.

Quote:

Your looking way to hard into the imagined merchants of gl. Back at its peak, yeah. Nowdays merchants have very little sway. Its overwhelmingly directly producer directly to end consumer. Middle men do not exist in any significant qunatity. So pretending that someone can simply merc their way to a fortune is wrong. At best, they can make a little on the side. But Ctp is the universal gl currency, so it makes sense to put it in place.

As for me being ctp poor. Currently I have Complex Tech Parts 15688 and owe 16000 ctp another academy leader generously lent me from their prismatic stockpile ready for when they hit their 5 year mark later this year, to be repaid when chuhn hits. So no, not particularly in my interest. The choice of ctp was because its gls universal trading currency, Its the american dollar of gl. Sure, we could use em, we could even use a specific arti like dark pyramids or tms or acf or whatever. But anything other than ctp would be more likely to lead to drasticly larger swings making some people very much richer indeed. If its what it takes sure, lets use a spefic sendable arti haul arti or em or even say pvp badges, heck why not go realy wild and use credits. But ctp seems the most sensible choice as gls main currency.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Peticks wrote:
The choice of ctp was because its gls universal trading currency, Its the american dollar of gl. Sure, we could use em, we could even use a specific arti like dark pyramids or tms or acf or whatever. But anything other than ctp would be more likely to lead to drasticly larger swings making some people very much richer indeed. If its what it takes sure, lets use a spefic sendable arti haul arti or em or even say pvp badges, heck why not go realy wild and use credits. But ctp seems the most sensible choice as gls main currency.

and that's presisly the problem I have with using CTP's for this

you can get CTP's simply by buying storidge and selling it
you can get CTP's from the GTC, with credits
or
you cen get CTP's from one of the trade sites, by selling artifacts, planets, minerals or EM

so without even playing the game and not doing anything other then colecting your daily production and trading, you can slowly acumuliate the CTP's needed to catch up

for me it needs to be something locked to the account, EXP, badges or if you want artifacts, something that cant be traded, or it could even be NPC drops
but need to be something that forces you to activily play the game, if you want to catch up

I dont want it to be a simple thing you can do after a reset where you sold most of your planets and artiafcts for CTP's and had someone hold for you.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:05 pm

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:

wasnt talking about the sacn/cloak boost was i now

No, but read it again. Its ANOTHER powerfull boost added to the allready powerfull boosts. The 7 year medal is too overpowered. Hence either it needs catch up or a massive nerf.

Quote:
Peticks wrote:

try actualy reading the post said:
Quote:
1 pr 6 * 20 hours = 120 hours or 5 days for players who can live on a 20 hours day circle

you might be able to run on a 20 hours day circle...
and yes, you can get 1 pr 6 days, but factor in RL,vacations and other unxepected events and you will get somewere around 50 to 60 pr year = rougthly 1 pr week

Factoring in the fact that it resets when you invade or do a lm, your talking crap. But this is distracting from the main point

Quote:
Peticks wrote:

I dont know about you Peticks, but I'm not made of $$$$$$$
I have plenty of x22 planets that doesnt have the 5% Chuhn Trading Forum boost where I could simply pay $$$$ to get more or less the same boost

what is absurd here is you #$&*@ about a 6% boost, that can increase your production with say 5000 ap's pr hour * 0.06 = +300 AP's pr hour once every 5 to 7 days (presuming you have a planet already making 5K ap's pr hour to put it on)

on a planet like this one

the new boost would give me +130 minerals, +242 Aartifact and +124 recearch points pr hour...
but I wont be able to put the boost on this one, as it doesnt have officers

and most x22 planets in the game proberly doesnt make 5K ap's pr hour
you are proberly looking at 2000 to 3000 AP's pr hour for quite a lot of x22 planets out theire

you can basickly get presisly the same, by gaining 4 ranks and colonizing a filler plannet, you can easily get around 300 AP's pr hour from a small x2 terra planet, if you put it on pure production

Tell you what then. You give me your 22xs and I'll give you all the filler planets you can dream off. oh... but thats not how it works is it. 300 ap on an existing planet easily beats out 300 ap on a new planet in terms of value. You seem to struggle with the concept of IN addition to rather than Instead of. You get the 300 ap on an existing planet, then you can get the 300 from a new planet in addtiion too it. 22x mcs are worth so much more than 20 vl terras because it all stacks into one planet, so you can fill the other 19 slots in addition to the ap from that one planet, leading to higher ap/hr. But if its so weak, surely someone spending lots of ctp or helping fund the game if they are made out of money to keep it going so they can catch up isn't a issue. But its a case of, well you would say that wouldn't you. You would say this is not incredibly powerful while simultaniously hissing and going HANDS OFF MINE because its a big advantage to lose!

Quote:
Peticks wrote:
Nobody who has kept their seeds to the point they have, say, 2500 medal points or 7 years is going to seed a terra just because it has a officer on it now rather than wait later.

also I didn't said anything about waiting, it doesnt matter who placed the officers on a planet
I scan plenty of filler planets, where 5+ years players have been "lucky" enougth to get officers
players choise planets with SS and other permanent planet effects for x22 upgrade projects - just adds officers to that list that make planets interesting upgrade projects so you can later get the 6% bonus on it

as for presuming that 7 yeras players doenst have any planet transformation artifacts left, you couldnt not be more wrong...
they might not be seeds or melters, but I still have Octafari Hydroshifter (Uses Left: 6),Isolytic Irradiator (Uses Left: 12) and 1 Planetary Sentiox I can use to make colossal x21/x22 planets

you can find so many Irradiated Massive Mining: 18x Mega Rich Enemy planets out theire, that theire are basickly no reason to wast your Isolytic Irradiator making something you can simply steal

so instead I use them to make planets like this one

but as I said before, I'm not made of $$$ - so I do this in a passe that fits with finding a planet worth upgrading (SS or some other permanent planet effect) and beeing able to find someone willing to sell 2 qse's for CTP's or me beeing willing to spend some real $$$$ getting them

But thats not the point. How many remaining transformers of your original you have doesn't discount the fact that nobody is waiting 6 years to get the officers on a planet and make that a project, and targeting planets that have officers allready on them, to transform so that when you hit 7 years you can increase it by 6% vs targeting, like you do, ss or qse or rt'd planets. You've just proven my point that saying this somehow is actualy good for young players and hurting the poor old timer players is a crock of bs.

Quote:
as for
Peticks wrote:

when you have Planets Occupied 537, they are not all going to be x22
proberly own around 70 Very Massive+ x20+ planets, the resy are fillers that produce 300+ AP's pr hour and help increase my storidge

in therori 70 / 537 = a 13% chance to actualy get those officers on of those planets
but the actual rate semes to be a lot lover then that,

I consider 15x and sub vm 15-22xs as not filler. Im not sure your definition works by focusing purely on the better end. So It'd be more that 13% if you do a more even definition. If you permacloak it imo its not a filler. So its more than 13% tbh. Unless you have a bunch of 15-22x massives ect uncloaked which are just filler to you.
If your going to say its not random you need to back it up rather than go on just feelings tbh. I had someone tell me that cerulean was lower chance of success on fair than other lms quite vehmently, then went to check the stats and we'd actualy succeeded it at fair more than the overall average for lms at fair. Its like how people feel as though the rng is bsing them when they fail at 90%s because it feels more common than 1 in 10.

Quote:
so no, that 6% boost isn't realy so OP compaired to everything else you can do to upgrade your planets :)

It is pretty op. Especialy when added to all the rest of the 7 year medal. The medal needs serious nerfing across the board. No scan. this removed. And your the issue you've highlighted to add to the vast swathes of issues with the medal bellow being sorted.

Quote:
as I said, the real OP boost here is the Prismatic Philtery(ability): Boosts planet production by 1% ON each prismatic planet that has a philtery. This bonus stacks. Lasts 3 days. Costs 500 energy.

unless Dan put some kind of max on that one, soner or later your prismatic planet will end up making more then all your other planets combined.

and the Prismodyne Academy (Size: 1, Mining: +7, Research: +7, Artifact: +7, Also adds 7% production bonus.) are also OP, but can live with that as you can only use them on a single planet

cloak/scan......
is a bit harder, becourse high rank also = you will have more colonized planets and need more scan to get new planets, so it a natural game mecanism
but yes, it does forces players to slowly add more cloak to theire x22 planets, and players that doennt get the year medals will slowly lose ground by not getting those upgrades.
[/quote]
Your right, the phillery being 1.01^n rather than 1+0.01n is a issue. A cap would make sense on it. But you aknowledge that effectively these medals work to have people loose ground by not having the yearly upgrades, becuase they are exclusive. Theres nothing you can do to get the 2 years worth of medals a 6 year will have on a 4 year, and each year the medals get more powerfull increasing the bonus. This is the breaking point. A catch up mechanism which effectively caps the benefit to joining X years earlier in terms of purely 'hey you were here early' is nessesary.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 pm

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:
The choice of ctp was because its gls universal trading currency, Its the american dollar of gl. Sure, we could use em, we could even use a specific arti like dark pyramids or tms or acf or whatever. But anything other than ctp would be more likely to lead to drasticly larger swings making some people very much richer indeed. If its what it takes sure, lets use a spefic sendable arti haul arti or em or even say pvp badges, heck why not go realy wild and use credits. But ctp seems the most sensible choice as gls main currency.

and that's presisly the problem I have with using CTP's for this

you can get CTP's simply by buying storidge and selling it
you can get CTP's from the GTC, with credits
or
you cen get CTP's from one of the trade sites, by selling artifacts, planets, minerals or EM

so without even playing the game and not doing anything other then colecting your daily production and trading, you can slowly acumuliate the CTP's needed to catch up

for me it needs to be something locked to the account, EXP, badges or if you want artifacts, something that cant be traded, or it could even be NPC drops
but need to be something that forces you to activily play the game, if you want to catch up

I dont want it to be a simple thing you can do after a reset where you sold most of your planets and artiafcts for CTP's and had someone hold for you.

I have no issue with a npc drop that you can find when npcing with the mission ungreyed out by medal points, time played or being on cooldown. Or pvp badges, except that pushes the other way a bit in that they increase in value as you rank up rather than drop off a cliff. I dont like xp because its not realy consistent 1m xp pre 2200 is much more valueable than post. I used ctp because we all know it has value, we can all agree on its value, and its value doesn't diminish past break points. But a npc works. Pvp badges work to some extent. Untradable artis, maybe not I dont think, wouldn't realy fit with actively playing but collecting. Ctp seemed the best choice as everyone knows what ctp is worth.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm

words words

waving of hands...

fire in the sky....cats and dogs living together...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 am

Peticks wrote:
Its ANOTHER powerfull boost added to the allready powerfull boosts. The 7 year medal is too overpowered. Hence either it needs catch up or a massive nerf.

theire are a lot of things on the 5years+ medals that should be nerf. (how many medal points the give, extra scan/cloak, the prismatic planet ingeneral and specialy the Prismatic Philtery(ability))
but I dont consider the Prismoda Ambassador to be one of them

Peticks wrote:
Factoring in the fact that it resets when you invade or do a lm, your talking crap. But this is distracting from the main point

missed that part, as I only have the basick rank up ability for now wirth the 20 hours cooldown
makes a huge difrence on how mutch Prismodyne Energy, you can get pr week

2.33 Prismodyne Energy from LM's (presuming you dont get the 4 days phase Mawks missions)
8.4 Prismodyne Energy from normal cooldown (presumng you can do 1 pr 20 hours)
8.4 Prismodyne Energy from invasions (presuming you have 2 * Bane HyperShroud II Effect : InvadeTimer -1.5, and it's get upgraded to -2 next bane season With version III)

= max 19 Prismodyne Energy pr week if you time things 100% accurate or 997 Prismodyne Energyenergy pr year
or max 166 Prismoda Ambassador pr year (once you have the Prismatic Drone and 5 Prismodyne Academy (witch will cost a total of you 171 Prismodyne Energy)

and 2.33 + 7 + 7 = 16.33 Prismodyne Energy pr week, that only do 1 hit + invasion pr day
852 Prismodyne Energyenergy pr year = 141 Prismoda Ambassador pr year (after you max out the other 2 )

changes it from an artifact you only want to put on your top planets to one, you can basickly put on any planet you like
becourse after 2 to 3 years, you will proberly have them on all planets where you have been lucky eneugth to get officers

Peticks wrote:
But thats not the point. How many remaining transformers of your original you have doesn't discount the fact that nobody is waiting 6 years to get the officers on a planet and make that a project, and targeting planets that have officers allready on them, to transform so that when you hit 7 years you can increase it by 6% vs targeting, like you do, ss or qse or rt'd planets. You've just proven my point that saying this somehow is actualy good for young players and hurting the poor old timer players is a crock of bs.

you are missing the point

what I look for when picking a planets for my remaining transformation artifacts is a planet with SS and if posible something else
for mining planets moon/rings, before SS to get the bedst %bonus from Orbital Stabilizer and Fornax Jewel
if I had a choice betwen a barren with SS and large moon or with SS and officers, I would go for the one with officers, becourse I can add the moon myself with a RT

no you are not going to wait 7 years, to get that 6% bonus, but if you are 1 or 2 years from getting access to , it becomes a factor you might want to consider when picking a planet for an upgrade project

Peticks wrote:
Darkmar wrote:

It is pretty op. Especialy when added to all the rest of the 7 year medal. The medal needs serious nerfing across the board. No scan. this removed. And your the issue you've highlighted to add to the vast swathes of issues with the medal bellow being sorted.

for me, this one isnt OP, becourse you cant pick what planets you can put them on
and that makes both the Cognizant Omniforge (5%) and Chuhn Trading Forum (5%) a lot better, becourse you can put those on any planet you like
I dont see anyone complaining about those 2 boosts

Peticks wrote:
You seem to struggle with the concept of IN addition to rather than Instead of. You get the 300 ap on an existing planet, then you can get the 300 from a new planet in addtiion too it. 22x mcs are worth so much more than 20 vl terras because it all stacks into one planet, so you can fill the other 19 slots in addition to the ap from that one planet, leading to higher ap/hr. But if its so weak, surely someone spending lots of ctp or helping fund the game if they are made out of money to keep it going so they can catch up isn't a issue. But its a case of, well you would say that wouldn't you. You would say this is not incredibly powerful while simultaniously hissing and going HANDS OFF MINE because its a big advantage to lose!

no I dont stuckle with the concept of "IN addition to rather than Instead of."
but lets look at that.

rank 500 and say 2 years = you can easily add 500 ranks, and gain 125 extra planet slots, thet will give you atleast 250 * 125 = 30K extra AP's pr hour
Rank 2150 and 7 years = you cant gain more then 50 raks before you lose some good NPC, and if you gain 500 ranks you start to realy hurt your PvP options and ability to pick up badges

so unless we get a lot more rank 2400+ players and replacement NPC so high rank players actualy wants to gain ranks, it's not realy "IN addition to", is it

and I never said "HANDS OFF MINE", I said, "I have no problem with aloving players to catch up if the price is right"
and using CTP's as the cost for this just hands over the option to cheaters (with dummy accounts making them CTP's), reset players (who made huge amounts of CTP by selling planets)and players buying huge amounts for storidge for real $$$$$
that's basickly not helping anyone

if you ask me, what realy needs to be done, is:

1. reduce the medal points on the 5year+ medals to around 40 points pr medal

2. remove the "Cooldown resets when completing a LM task or invasion" from the Porowyn, the Adept and increase reset time to 40 hours to make Prismodyne Energy harder to get

3. change the phillery bonus from 1.01^n to 1+0.01n so it doesnt go berserk once 100+ players get the ability

4 remove the adds 7% production bonus. from the Prismodyne Academys, the size 1, Mining: +7, Research: +7, Artifact: +7 is already powerfull enougth.

5. to compensade for those changes, reduce the upgrade costs on the Prismatic Federation, to a fixed cost of 20K to 30K CTP pr upgrade, so players can actualy aford to get them them, without having to cheat or sell storidge for ctp's

and, yes

6. give year 2+ players an option to catsh up - but for a price that actaly makes them play the game

Last edited by DarkMar on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:14 am

I really like those ideas Dark. There just HAS to be a way to stop these insanely overpowered and undeserved rewards. It is killing Galaxy Legion.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:44 am

So given theres been some suggestions that seem good i've decided to unify them under the new, current suggestion.

Quote:
Prismatic advance (daily mission)
(unlocks upon rank 500, Req 2500+ medal points to ungrey and less than X years (where X is the current oldest year medal) of progress on the yearly medals)

'Dialog about how time is short and you must advance to destiny ect'

10 rounds per completion. Costs: 1 Prismodyn Talisman (npc drop), 1000 energy per round
Rewards: 10 xp per round, Upon completion: Advances your years played medals by 1 day

Prismodyn Talimans are dropped by a mission npc which spawns while this mission is ungreyed (so not on cooldown, 2500+ medal points) similar to strazi sentinels from The Vvarix Truth

The changes from the original are the introduction of a medal point cost, set at 2500 because to reach that point without the later yearly medals requires completion of a huge amount of the game. This could be lower if believed nessesary but 2500 is high enough to ensure the player has to have earned access to the mission.

The change of a 10 ctp per round cost to a npc based kill cost. This was introduced because of concerns over people not working for each day progress made and ctp scarcity/multis. The npc spawn rate to be determined (imo roughly double the spawn rate of the strazi sentinels)

In essence, this mission would allow advancement of 2 days per 20 hours reliably (kriel) with potential for 3 on rare occasions.

The upside is that players who started late and have achieved a great deal (2500 medal points without the later yearly medals is a stiff requirement that a lot of the players who have been playing for 7 years would fail) can catch up, ensuring that content isn't permanantly locked against them because they had the misfortune to find gl later after the game was released. Requiring npc kills means they have to actively expend long periods of time npcing, gaining ranks in the progress, if they want to continue to do this mission and march forwards.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:05 am

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Its ANOTHER powerfull boost added to the allready powerfull boosts. The 7 year medal is too overpowered. Hence either it needs catch up or a massive nerf.

theire are a lot of things on the 5years+ medals that should be nerf. (how many medal points the give, extra scan/cloak, the prismatic planet ingeneral and specialy the Prismatic Philtery(ability))
but I dont consider the Prismoda Ambassador to be one of them

Peticks wrote:

missed that part, as I only have the basick rank up ability for now wirth the 20 hours cooldown
makes a huge difrence on how mutch Prismodyne Energy, you can get pr week

2.33 Prismodyne Energy from LM's (presuming you dont get the 4 days phase Mawks missions)
8.4 Prismodyne Energy from normal cooldown (presumng you can do 1 pr 20 hours)
8.4 Prismodyne Energy from invasions (presuming you have 2 * Bane HyperShroud II Effect : InvadeTimer -1.5, and it's get upgraded to -2 next bane season With version III)

= max 19 Prismodyne Energy pr week if you time things 100% accurate or 997 Prismodyne Energyenergy pr year
or max 166 Prismoda Ambassador pr year (once you have the Prismatic Drone and 5 Prismodyne Academy (witch will cost a total of you 171 Prismodyne Energy)

and 2.33 + 7 + 7 = 16.33 Prismodyne Energy pr week, that only do 1 hit + invasion pr day
852 Prismodyne Energyenergy pr year = 141 Prismoda Ambassador pr year (after you max out the other 2 )

changes it from an artifact you only want to put on your top planets to one, you can basickly put on any planet you like
becourse after 2 to 3 years, you will proberly have them on all planets where you have been lucky eneugth to get officers

Peticks wrote:

you are missing the point

what I look for when picking a planets for my remaining transformation artifacts is a planet with SS and if posible something else
for mining planets moon/rings, before SS to get the bedst %bonus from Orbital Stabilizer and Fornax Jewel
if I had a choice betwen a barren with SS and large moon or with SS and officers, I would go for the one with officers, becourse I can add the moon myself with a RT

no you are not going to wait 7 years, to get that 6% bonus, but if you are 1 or 2 years from getting access to , it becomes a factor you might want to consider when picking a planet for an upgrade project

Peticks wrote:
Darkmar wrote:

for me, this one isnt OP, becourse you cant pick what planets you can put them on
and that makes both the Cognizant Omniforge (5%) and Chuhn Trading Forum (5%) a lot better, becourse you can put those on any planet you like
I dont see anyone complaining about those 2 boosts

Peticks wrote:
You seem to struggle with the concept of IN addition to rather than Instead of. You get the 300 ap on an existing planet, then you can get the 300 from a new planet in addtiion too it. 22x mcs are worth so much more than 20 vl terras because it all stacks into one planet, so you can fill the other 19 slots in addition to the ap from that one planet, leading to higher ap/hr. But if its so weak, surely someone spending lots of ctp or helping fund the game if they are made out of money to keep it going so they can catch up isn't a issue. But its a case of, well you would say that wouldn't you. You would say this is not incredibly powerful while simultaniously hissing and going HANDS OFF MINE because its a big advantage to lose!

no I dont stuckle with the concept of "IN addition to rather than Instead of."
but lets look at that.

rank 500 and say 2 years = you can easily add 500 ranks, and gain 125 extra planet slots, thet will give you atleast 250 * 125 = 30K extra AP's pr hour
Rank 2150 and 7 years = you cant gain more then 50 raks before you lose some good NPC, and if you gain 500 ranks you start to realy hurt your PvP options and ability to pick up badges

so unless we get a lot more rank 2400+ players and replacement NPC so high rank players actualy wants to gain ranks, it's not realy "IN addition to", is it

and I never said "HANDS OFF MINE", I said, "I have no problem with aloving players to catch up if the price is right"
and using CTP's as the cost for this just hands over the option to cheaters (with dummy accounts making them CTP's), reset players (who made huge amounts of CTP by selling planets)and players buying huge amounts for storidge for real $$$$$
that's basickly not helping anyone

if you ask me, what realy needs to be done, is:

1. reduce the medal points on the 5year+ medals to around 40 points pr medal

2. remove the "Cooldown resets when completing a LM task or invasion" from the Porowyn, the Adept and increase reset time to 40 hours to make Prismodyne Energy harder to get

3. change the phillery bonus from 1.01^n to 1+0.01n so it doesnt go berserk once 100+ players get the ability

4 remove the adds 7% production bonus. from the Prismodyne Academys, the size 1, Mining: +7, Research: +7, Artifact: +7 is already powerfull enougth.

5. to compensade for those changes, reduce the upgrade costs on the Prismatic Federation, to a fixed cost of 20K to 30K CTP pr upgrade, so players can actualy aford to get them them, without having to cheat or sell storidge for ctp's

and, yes

6. give year 2+ players an option to catsh up - but for a price that actaly makes them play the game

1. seems sensible since nowdays there are also follow up medals so the real points are 150-200 for just 1 years medal
2. Not sure I agree. I like the cooldown resets addition and it seems a shame to throw it away. Maybe just increase the cost of the prismodyne ambassodor would be better.
3. Absolutely
4. Im okay with this.
5. Imo reducing it to a fixed cost isn't good, but flatten it off once you break 5 digits and tie it closer to the additional production it gives. So if we use the 30k as our base (the star consortium) it adds 22 +5%. The next one is 30 +5%, so that would be more akin to 40k. The one after that is 30+5 again. So 40k again. If one gave, say 40+5 then it would be 50. A lot flatter rather than the costs spiraling much faster than actual produciton increases. It doesn't have to be exactly tied, but going 80k for a 30+5 when 22+5 was only 30k is much too high
6. You know my opinion on this. YEES!

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 am

Peticks wrote:
Prismodyn Talimans are dropped by a mission npc which spawns while this mission is ungreyed (so not on cooldown, 2500+ medal points) similar to strazi sentinels from The Vvarix Truth

I thing getting a boost, that alows you to find them would work better

like the Terran Trade Network Map - Recent Sync : Special Scanning +1 "boost" (19 hours, 59 mins left)
you get from The Lumar mission, when you press "continue mission" or "replay"
with a 3 hour timer only, but can be activaded again once it runs out

makes it more easy to controle when you can find them...
that way, players who doesnt want to do the mission, doesnt have to have the NPC in theire pool.

but minor detail, doing it like the strazi sentinels from The Vvarix Truth would also work for most players

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:25 pm

DarkMar wrote:
I thing getting a boost, that alows you to find them would work better
[...]
with a 3 hour timer only, but can be activaded again once it runs out

makes it more easy to controle when you can find them...
that way, players who doesnt want to do the mission, doesnt have to have the NPC in theire pool.

Or make it a 2-mission chain and the second mission is the one that spawns the NPCs, as another option. Though yours is probably better.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Personaly I like the vvarixs option better. The 20 hour buff things are good for scanning or allowing you to actively use an ability but if their spawning npcs, and this is a mission you'll be doing hundreds of iterations of, they mean while as a + you can hunt these guys when your on cooldown as a - if you accumulate a large stockpile your stuck getting more and more because every time you go to use some you activate a day of more npc spawns.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:36 pm

the problem as I see it is,
having the NPC spawn if the mission isnt on cooldown, forces you to do the mission, if you want to hunt NPC's without getting them

but where or not that is a problem, depends on the NPC
if it a 1 hit = kill npc like Dark Runner or Sha'din Charger no big problem
if it bralkir strength and takes 500 hits to kill, you want to be able to controle when you get them and when you can kill NPC's without getting them.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:28 pm

I really hate to come off as being cynical, but this thread really is starting to scream:

"I can't buy my way into the time-gated rewards, so a mechanism where I can buy my way into it should be added."

"If I can't buy my way into time-gated rewards, then that #&$# just needs to be nerfed for everyone else because it's unfair to ME that they discovered the game before I did."

Some people just want to see the world burn.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Mythra wrote:
I really hate to come off as being cynical, but this thread really is starting to scream:

Starting to? Kind been that way from the git go.

For me, it's: "I can't buy my way into the time-gated rewards, and Dan doesnt seem likely to add any new content that isn't time gated, so it'd be nice to have an extra carrot that lets me get to that new content a little quicker rather than getting bored and just quiting like most of the rest of the game seems to be not so slowly doing."

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next