View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Years of play medal catch up 

Peticks wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Currently, my Prismatic planet provides 4.3% of my hourly AP. Explain to me how that is so overpowered that everyone without a Prismatic planet is suffering.

Its not the Planet thats the elephant in the room. Thats a mouse in the room, a problem, but not a huge one. Its the 7 year medal thats realy the problem here. Hence, the push for the catch up now.

Once again. If your saying that the rewards from these medals aren't overpowered, clearly 36500 ctp to advance one reward forward is more than expensive enough.

Again because you apparently didn't understand it the first time. You get a 7 year reward for playing 7 years. Thing you're missing here, is that as more people get to 7 years, more people quit/retire, so very few people will ever really distance themselves from the rest of the galaxy. Those that do, are more likely to have already distanced themselves. I'm only halfway to a maxed Porowyn so far but I don't begrudge Ben, Shroom, Sooz and everyone else that is farther along than me. They've earned it. Just like I will, in time. Just like you will, in time. If Titles and Ship Designs are so awesome that they're a worthy reward for 7 years of playing an online FB game, I'll give you yours a little early. Your new title is "The Dunderhead" and you can use an Acme rocket for your ship design.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Peticks wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Currently, my Prismatic planet provides 4.3% of my hourly AP. Explain to me how that is so overpowered that everyone without a Prismatic planet is suffering.

Its not the Planet thats the elephant in the room. Thats a mouse in the room, a problem, but not a huge one. Its the 7 year medal thats realy the problem here. Hence, the push for the catch up now.

Once again. If your saying that the rewards from these medals aren't overpowered, clearly 36500 ctp to advance one reward forward is more than expensive enough.

Again because you apparently didn't understand it the first time. You get a 7 year reward for playing 7 years. Thing you're missing here, is that as more people get to 7 years, more people quit/retire, so very few people will ever really distance themselves from the rest of the galaxy. Those that do, are more likely to have already distanced themselves. I'm only halfway to a maxed Porowyn so far but I don't begrudge Ben, Shroom, Sooz and everyone else that is farther along than me. They've earned it. Just like I will, in time. Just like you will, in time. If Titles and Ship Designs are so awesome that they're a worthy reward for 7 years of playing an online FB game, I'll give you yours a little early. Your new title is "The Dunderhead" and you can use an Acme rocket for your ship design.

Its not supposed to be a awesome 'worthy' reward that gives you large benefits. Because thats an absurd system that further raises barriers against players who came later to the benefit of those who came later. You want your worthy reward. 100 ctp per day played. In your case, your reward for playing for 7 years over a new player would be over a quater million in ctp for your medals, which come in adition to the benfits simply having actualy played for 7 years longer gets you in stat strength, and the idea of the 'dinky little title and ship design', as you see them, as a comemerative mug that goes with your huge ctp gain over the general playerbase if they want to access the content being developed in a timely manner. That you turn your nose up at the very concept of that being a 'worthy' reward and demand those who joined later continue to be ostricised from the ever increasing proportion of content and strength from that content that the year medals become is simply indicative of the fact that you simply dont get WHY people like me, and toast, and hotdog think this is a important issue.

But again, I see why you want to defend it. Its in your interest the system be as heavily rigged towards old players as possible, especialy yours considering it evens you against newer players who have done more in actual gl progress and gameplay given a 4.3% share of overall ap coming from your prismatic would indicate your well behind other 7 year players.

Stark Tech Inside

Last edited by Peticks on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 am

Honestly, at this point all I'm hearing is...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Honestly, at this point all I'm hearing is...

Maybe its because... Gasp, locking content giving large boosts to players away behind timegates so that only those who have played the longest, and thus should be the strongest allready, get even larger buffs while anyone who happened to join later cant access it is... Unfair! thats the word, unfair. Locking actual content away behind mandatory requirements there is literaly nothing you can do to work towards unlocking.

Are we aproaching an epihany. Will darth flagious realize that a greater than quater of a million ctp leg up to help those poor players who have 7 years worth of 'play' behind their ships compete with those damn kids is not nessesarily a conducive thing to do for the health or ballance of the game or enjoyment of the playerbase? That prehaps over 50$ worth of resources in ctp simply to advance a 'hey, you were here a year medal' is, in fact, pretty reasonable towards older players and could be good for dans pocket book as newer heavy spenders buy gp to trade for the tech they need to advance their medals with older players able to sell theres for more given the increased demand?

Nah, probably not. Probably just going to see another dumb meme in liu of an argument as he sticks his fingers in his ears to avoid hearing the logic of the filthy newbie peasants saying that prehaps a new player should actualy be able to play all of the games content before 2024.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:48 am

You're actually proposing to give every player with 7 years 250k ctp? And I thought you were trying to say Porowyn is unbalancing.

And you STILL haven't explained how making a special reward be not special nor a reward (because it would be a right) just because some people are jealous (yes, it's that simple, yinz're jealous of the 7's) over someone else's prize.

It's not a meme, it's a trope. People always want to change the rules after the fact when a nice reward is in play.

Oh, and you do realize that we could get 5 million APH thanks to Porowyn, but we're still constrained by storage capacity, which is finite. So to gain any appreciable advantage as things stand now, people either need to log on and dump resources more often (and by extension possibly actually play the game MORE) or invest in oodles of storage structures (generating revenue either directly or indirectly). I don't see how either of those scenarios are necessarily bad.

Last edited by Darth Flagitious on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 am
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
You're actually proposing to give every player with 7 years 250k ctp? And I thought you were trying to say Porowyn is unbalancing.

And you STILL haven't explained how making a special reward be not special nor a reward (because it would be a right) just because some people are jealous (yes, it's that simple, yinz're jealous of the 7's) over someone else's prize.

It's not a meme, it's a trope. People always want to change the rules after the fact when a nice reward is in play.

Your right, 250k ctp is an insane, unballancing amount.

And under my proposals that is the equivlent value of the advantage a 7 year player gets over a new player because the new player has to PAY 250k ctp to advance 7 years off the 100 ctp per day mission. You would be 250k ahead of a new player. That, is your reward, a reward that doesnt gate content behind something you can do zero to advance.

As for jealousy, im against timegating overall, but its gotten out of hand so is no longer a issue not worth the effort to fight. You seem to have tied so much of your self worth to the fact you 'wuz here first' so get the 7 year medal and nobody else can catch up to you by spending ctp, often financed by paying gp, supporting the very game that only gives your badge of honor any meaning whatsoever. I guess if you cant stand on your own two legs against newer ships with 7 years worth of play, accumulation of aph and ship strength then you need your crutch.

Your just plain petty. You'd rather see the game die sooner and players have less content because hey, good for you, you clicked join early, lets ignore that you almost certainly spent vast swathes of time not playing it (if you didn't, your aph is terrible for it).

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 am

i get to my 6th anniversary in october. so i am one of those 'behind the timegate' for the 7.year ally. just like the 4k stuff, it's just content that i can't access .. yet. but i can plan for when that day finally comes. anyone playing this game who doesn't have patience .. should probably be better off playing some diff game.

when i say that there is plenty for new players Texas, i mean that any player joining now has tons of content to access before they should even worry about the 7.year reward. they have tons more content that even existed when i started ... bases up to level 10 .. legion missions .. all the race chains after talth ... corruption chain and market ... ravyn chain and market .. medals ... and on and on. if you've finished every mission and maxed every mod in 3 years .. congratulations !! welcome to the big boy club .. now wait your turn at the prismatic trough like everyone else who was playing the game before you.

it's fine to ask for more content that is accessible for everyone. there are plenty who reached 'endgame' status before you who are in that club. for me, i have many years worth of content left to still play thru, which i am in no rush to finish, since i know how long it takes Dan to push out new stuff. but railing against time-restricted stuff just makes you look stupid. so my 3.year old cousin can skip rope 100x and that will give her progress towards avoiding the age restriction for her driver's license ? please.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i get to my 6th anniversary in october. so i am one of those 'behind the timegate' for the 7.year ally. just like the 4k stuff, it's just content that i can't access .. yet. but i can plan for when that day finally comes. anyone playing this game who doesn't have patience .. should probably be better off playing some diff game.

when i say that there is plenty for new players Texas, i mean that any player joining now has tons of content to access before they should even worry about the 7.year reward. they have tons more content that even existed when i started ... bases up to level 10 .. legion missions .. all the race chains after talth ... corruption chain and market ... ravyn chain and market .. medals ... and on and on. if you've finished every mission and maxed every mod in 3 years .. congratulations !! welcome to the big boy club .. now wait your turn at the prismatic trough like everyone else who was playing the game before you.

it's fine to ask for more content that is accessible for everyone. there are plenty who reached 'endgame' status before you who are in that club. but railing against time-restricted stuff just makes you look stupid. so my 3.year old cousin can skip rope 100x and that will give her progress towards avoiding the age restriction for her driver's license ? please.

what bitter trite. How about nobody gets to enjoy elios because it took several years for it to be released so they should also 'wait their turn like everyone else did?' Because you joined early new players shouldn't be able to access content and end up being attritioned out of the game. This idea that 'well I didn't have this benefit when I started' is simple bitterness. You had this benefit in 2017 when your playing now, exactly when the other players had that benefit. Maybe the games moved on, maybe its gotten better, maybe its improved and you were playing a lesser game back then, that you think the only way for it to be fair for you is if you deprive it from newer players is stupid. You already have a 7 years worth of the game time you played ahead of them, your leagues and leagues ahead with a massive ship strength and huge ap/hour. This is not some kind of communism where the big bad newbies will take away what you worked towards. Its simply saying you should have content that only you can have because you FOUND the game first. because thats all you did. you found the link first and clicked it first. It was pure chance that lead you to get your 7 year medal while others are only in the 3-5 range. nothing you did, nothing you earned. chance.

that cousin argument is so stupid. You played for 7 years? ooooh, guess your finally capable of taking on this mission and ally! Drivers license are age restricted because before a certain age people simply wont have the physical aptitude, or do, but its a exceptional case and the err is on the side of caution. Such an analogy that somehow these people aren't qualified to play this untill they wait 7 years is arrogant in the extreme and just plain wrong.

And rallying against time restricted stuff makes me look stupid? Or is it stupid to say that the limted resource of new content, and this is a limited freaking resource I think we all can see that, shouldn't be time locked. So far this year whats been released, because I'd say a sizeable freaking portion of it was this 7 year medal. Your defending huge bonus's for those who should be the furthest ahead while people drop out due to lack of enjoyable content because, whoops, dan did develop something but you cant access it for another 3 years because you had the audacity to join 4 years ago rather than 7. This is even hostile to yourself, this catch up mechanism will lead to greater retention and spending leading to a longer lifespan and greater developer incentive to make more content, including a better 8 year medal which you will also have got cheaper than new players. But the prevailing attitude seems to be you'd rather see your content burn than another player be able to enjoy it.

And once again, heres the difference senator. You cant access the 4k decks because of you, its your fault you cant. At a click of the fingers (well, more like 1200 clicks of a mouse) you would be able to access the content. But the new content released this year, the 7 year medal, you cant access it because... well, you didn't find the game soon enough. You didn't get lucky and find that link. You could play the game for hours a day, you could have a million tacs, half a million mining, millions of ctp in storage... But there would still be nothing you could do to access this content if you didn't find the game soon enough.

And yes, there is no arguing, you are before the timegate. That makes, on this thread so far (im discounting in game anecdotal opinion) 3 in favor and 1 against of those who actualy are feeling the pinch of this years of play reward content and benefit policy.

Let me be clear. this is Good for the game. Its more content for players who are feeling content starved but who didn't chance on gl early, more gp spending, a more evened playing field and simply makes things more enjoyable for newer players. Its simply BAD for those who personally are currently receiving the exclusive handouts relative in game ship potency.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 am

Your proposition that this be a daily mission means you're ok with SOME so-called timelock but not 1:1, eh? Unless you lobby for the full elimination of daily mission restraints, you're just a hypocrite. And if you DO lobby for that, I'll be happy to explain why you are wrong there too.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 am
Profile WWW

show me ONE other facebook-hosted game that can guarantee over 7 years worth of gameplay. locking some content with timegates is an expression of longevity and confidence, not of weakness. what's the stock price of zynga these days again ??

there were plenty of players who scoffed at me in my early days of playing for not ranking willy nilly. i had already seen multiple facebook games flare up in a blaze and then die ignominiously when players sped thru all the existing content. i stuck with this game because it allowed me to play at my own pace. it is funny to me now that i am at rank 1841, while a grizzled vet like DF is still only at rank 1824. obviously DF has changed up his game in the last couple of years from what he had been doing previously, but the beauty of this game is that it allowed for both approaches to be completely valid. i plan on playing this game for plenty of years into the future.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 am
Profile WWW

"Grizzled?" Really, Hung? I'm the the one that's in charge of thinly veiled insults...

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

+1 here. Still got 7 months to go for my 5 year medal. I was a 2k deck ssb when the 4k missions came out, bit the bullet and doubled my decks. Haven't blown up to 20k decks for full scan but I'm sure I will at some point. Actually saving up my Ship-Bots so I can blow up to 100k decks before I cash in my Lazuli Universal Couplings. My combat rep is probably gonna be laughable before I'm done. Point is that despite the fact I'm willing to trash my ship and buy buckets of gp, there's plenty of content I'll never be able to access because I can never catch up to the old guard. Make it as tough or as slow as you like but throw me a bone, Dan!

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Your proposition that this be a daily mission means you're ok with SOME so-called timelock but not 1:1, eh? Unless you lobby for the full elimination of daily mission restraints, you're just a hypocrite. And if you DO lobby for that, I'll be happy to explain why you are wrong there too.

Not realy. Your timelock means you will ALWAYS be ahead of someone who joined 5 years back and have more content. My timelock means that it would take time to catch up but you could catch up to those who started laters content access. The issue is that you will always be ahead of that person under the current system which will always exclude them from two, ever expanding in importance and power, pieces of content that you get simply for chance meaning you got there early giving your ship an advantage that they can never match, even when their ships far exceed your ap/hour and strength.
The intense frustration is not merely that theres stuff you cant access if you started later, but that theres NOTHING you can do to work on it so will always be with content you cant access. Wheras here, if you just got your 6 year medal, every day you could progress 3 times a day if you worked on it, while if you have your 7 year you would only be able to progress once per day. hence, the gap could be worked on to catch up, reducing the amount of content you can never access because your X years behind the early link finders so have X years worth of timegated content that they will have and you will never have.
senatorhung wrote:
show me ONE other facebook-hosted game that can guarantee over 7 years worth of gameplay. locking some content with timegates is an expression of longevity and confidence, not of weakness. what's the stock price of zynga these days again ??

there were plenty of players who scoffed at me in my early days of playing for not ranking willy nilly. i had already seen multiple facebook games flare up in a blaze and then die ignominiously when players sped thru all the existing content. i stuck with this game because it allowed me to play at my own pace. it is funny to me now that i am at rank 1841, while a grizzled vet like DF is still only at rank 1824. obviously DF has changed up his game in the last couple of years from what he had been doing previously, but the beauty of this game is that it allowed for both approaches to be completely valid. i plan on playing this game for plenty of years into the future.

Under your same logic ANY fb game could guarentee '7 years worth of content' all they need to do is have something you can press click on constantly. GL does not guareentee 7 years worth of content but merely the potential to play on and on and on doing the same bits of unlimited content, such as npcing. You look at almost any high ranking player whos quit, chances are, they didn't say 'well there was X years of content left' but that they had 'done everything and what was left had gotten stale' Look at what has been ADDED so far this year. Solinya residuals from last years solinya chain. Some seasonal content, but that content only comes round once a year so a improvement in lepus isn't exactly an improvement that is meaningful now we're not in lepus, that rank 2200 lazuli elite.... And the 7 year medal, its ally, its mission, its market. No senator, gating such a chunk of 2017s content behind an IMPENITRABLE timewall against newer players isn't the right course.

Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
+1 here. Still got 7 months to go for my 5 year medal. I was a 2k deck ssb when the 4k missions came out, bit the bullet and doubled my decks. Haven't blown up to 20k decks for full scan but I'm sure I will at some point. Actually saving up my Ship-Bots so I can blow up to 100k decks before I cash in my Lazuli Universal Couplings. My combat rep is probably gonna be laughable before I'm done. Point is that despite the fact I'm willing to trash my ship and buy buckets of gp, there's plenty of content I'll never be able to access because I can never catch up to the old guard. Make it as tough or as slow as you like but throw me a bone, Dan!

4 for, 1 against of the people actualy feeling the crunch. Again, more of the same sentiments. That theres content that we can never access, that theres no way to catch up and thats pretty frustrating given we didn't actualy DO anything that caused this, pure chance that we didn't find the link to join earlier!

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Peticks wrote:
that theres no way to catch up

I would vote no just because of you and your spelling/grammar but I actually have something you aren't taking into account, at least for some of us early adopters.

You say that there is no way to catch up. I would disagree to some extent. Of course, in any game, it is hard to catch up with well established players as well as paying players. That's just a given of online games. This is why accounts are sold. Hell, you can buy a base here for CTP pennies on the dollar.

That said, players who start now ARE able to progress multiple times faster than older players were able to.

Time to make myself feel old.

When we started, there wasn't a glut of 15X+ MP/RP planets owned by inactive players, or upgraded for free. There weren't players who could literally give you trillions of credits and thousands of artifacts without batting an eye. There weren't bases giving out free AP just for logging on (and they don't even have to donate a single EM/CTP to said bases). There was no Chuhn or Elios for the first 3 years. Lets not forget badges and medals, many of us had thousands of Kills/Hacks/Raids and hundreds of planet invasions before the first badge came out. Plus, with the medals, there are items that would have helped us more when our ships were younger than they did at our decrepit age.

Hell, there are tons more good planets for the taking. When we started, Mega Colossal could only be created by players (ie, none from inactives just sitting out there) AND they didn't even have a size. (Where it said MC, it was blank).

Finally, Rifts... Some of us oldies have our 3 rifts before reality transfusers even came out so unlike the newer players who can choose not to make their SM planet into a rift, we had to just accept what we got for using it.

Sure, I understand that the time wall frustration. Even as number x20, I wish I was x2 and further along than I am but I'm not and that's just how it is. We older players, to some extent, make the game much easier for newer players.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

and dont forget bases
back when I started, you couldnt just get 100K+ ap's pr day from beeing a member of a legion with a level 9 base

players that starts now, can basickly get 100K * 365 = 36.5 mil AP's pr year for free just by joining a legion
AP's most of us old players didn't get the first 2 to 3 years.

and 100K ap's pr day from a base is the low number

Quote:
Shipment Claimed: Mineral Units: 4143, Artifact Points: 154.443 (1.8867924528302% Cut)

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:02 pm

ODragon wrote:
Peticks wrote:
that theres no way to catch up

I would vote no just because of you and your spelling/grammar but I actually have something you aren't taking into account, at least for some of us early adopters.

You say that there is no way to catch up. I would disagree to some extent. Of course, in any game, it is hard to catch up with well established players as well as paying players. That's just a given of online games. This is why accounts are sold. Hell, you can buy a base here for CTP pennies on the dollar.

That said, players who start now ARE able to progress multiple times faster than older players were able to.

Time to make myself feel old.

When we started, there wasn't a glut of 15X+ MP/RP planets owned by inactive players, or upgraded for free. There weren't players who could literally give you trillions of credits and thousands of artifacts without batting an eye. There weren't bases giving out free AP just for logging on (and they don't even have to donate a single EM/CTP to said bases). There was no Chuhn or Elios for the first 3 years. Lets not forget badges and medals, many of us had thousands of Kills/Hacks/Raids and hundreds of planet invasions before the first badge came out. Plus, with the medals, there are items that would have helped us more when our ships were younger than they did at our decrepit age.

Hell, there are tons more good planets for the taking. When we started, Mega Colossal could only be created by players (ie, none from inactives just sitting out there) AND they didn't even have a size. (Where it said MC, it was blank).

Finally, Rifts... Some of us oldies have our 3 rifts before reality transfusers even came out so unlike the newer players who can choose not to make their SM planet into a rift, we had to just accept what we got for using it.

Sure, I understand that the time wall frustration. Even as number x20, I wish I was x2 and further along than I am but I'm not and that's just how it is. We older players, to some extent, make the game much easier for newer players.

DarkMar wrote:
and dont forget bases
back when I started, you couldnt just get 100K+ ap's pr day from beeing a member of a legion with a level 9 base

players that starts now, can basickly get 100K * 365 = 36.5 mil AP's pr year for free just by joining a legion
AP's most of us old players didn't get the first 2 to 3 years.

and 100K ap's pr day from a base is the low number

Quote:
Shipment Claimed: Mineral Units: 4143, Artifact Points: 154.443 (1.8867924528302% Cut)

I think your both misunderstanding. Im not unhappy with the fact that a new player starts out with crap for stats and crap for stat growth from their ap. Its an inevitability and if this weren't the case then the game wouldn't be fair on older players. If your a 7 year player whose played smart, you should have better aph and ship strength than a 5 year player. Its that with this timelocking, there literaly is no way to catch up with people who just got in early in things such as exclusive abilities, scan and cloak, actual content and so on. They will always have 3 years worth of medal content (which with the 7 year medal in particular has become stupidly powerful/proportional to the content released this year) on a 4 year medaler. Not because they played better, or they played smarter or spent more time or money in the game. Simply because they FOUND the link first.

If your a 7 year player, and you need the bonus's of the 7 year medal to be exclusive to you to compete with younger players, well, clearly its on you given you've had 2 years, not as productive years as years are now but still 2 years, more stats growth on them. the idea of gl rubberbanding because overall planet richness has increased is also, imo being far overblown. When a old player quits, anything he doesn't give away enters the scan pool. but if you have 300k ap/hr you'll find 3x as much of it as a 100k ap/hr player. So while the 100k er will get say another 1k the 300ker would get 3k. so proportionaly, your still 3x as far ahead. Yeah, they might be growing faster than you did when you had 100k, but the proportionality remains the same. Your still 3x as strong as them.

Lets put it this way. I dont see any legitimacy in completely gating off newer players from 900 scan, 1300 cloak, abilities that have yet to be discovered ect in order to give a leg up to those who allready by all metrics, should be doing far better than them and if they played to the same extent (earning stat improvements) always will be. It seems to be a crutch designed for older players to be able to continue to maintain a far higher set of ship stats against players who are playing more, building more ect but who joined later. Im willing to say there should be a cost, a high one at that, to maintain the idea of the reward for having been around a while, thats why I went for 100 ctp per day, but completely exclusive, powerful content to allow them to have an advantage over younger ships who actualy built up to their ap by playing more or spending more over the period since joining than they did? No.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Yes, there are some things that can go faster for newer players now than they did 5 or 6 years ago.

Personally, my thoughts are more along the lines of keeping people engaged. I thought that the original post was a reasonable cost for a reasonable return; it takes a fair amount of resources, and it speeds things up a little. Note that if you somehow got a vision of time every single day and managed to get 3 extra days, it will still take 3 months to make up a single year, and so it isn't like somebody would be able to jump from 3 years (where I am at) to 7 years in less than another year of play. And that's only IF every single day got 3 extra runs at the mission. Assuming that you never doubled up on any of the seasonal dailies, and never got a vision of time, that would be 4 months per year. (I think it's reasonable to assume that you'd likely wash out between seasonals and visions of time so that 4 months per year is probably a reasonable close standard for somebody motivated to keep moving, mostly because I would basically do the seasonal dailies instead of doubling or tripling up on this mission.)

So, you get a nice carrot, a nice resource drain, you encourage people to stick around and to be active every day, and you can continue to add new content that may be time locked without discouraging people that are that far away from it.
Costs (as proposed in the OP):
1 day = 1 day - logging in (1 year in 1 year)
1 day = 2 days - 100 ctp + 10,000 energy, logging in (1 year in 6 months at a cost of ~18k ctp and 1.8m energy)
1 day = 3 days - 200 ctp + 20,000 energy + Kriell or VoT, logging in every day (1 year in 4 moths at a cost of ~24k ctp and 2.4m energy)
1 day = 4 days - (unrealistic) - 300 ctp + 30,000 energy + Kriell + VoT, logging in every day (1 year in 3 months at a cost of ~27k ctp and 2.7m energy)

I'd also add some experience in there which means that you'll also catapult your level. (Note that I don't feel there's a need to address the ranks of players as mentioned in previous posts as the later rewards are already locked behind rank requirements and that wouldn't change.)

I agree that it's good to be acknowledged for having joined the game early, and to have the advantages that come with such, and understand not wanting to share those benefits with those that haven't been around as long. I think it's perfectly reasonable. And, if there was regular content coming into the game every 3 or 4 months, it wouldn't even bother me and I'd disagree with this proposal.

Since I joined 3 years ago, though, I've seen the pace of development drop off from a bunch of new seasonals in my first year, to 2 new mission chains last year (one of which required a GP purchase to unlock), to 2 new mission chains this year, one of which required the previous GP purchase and the other was completely time-locked. Shortly before I joined were a bunch of new mission chains, legion bases, etc.

I look forward and see little reason to believe that there would be new development other than around the anniversaries going forward. And for everything except for the mission chain, it wouldn't really bother me, since a new artifact or a planet to play around with doesn't (personally) overly interest me anyway so I wouldn't mind waiting.

But as DarkMar pointed out, it's possible to blow through all of the content a lot faster now than it was 7 years ago. Assuming that there isn't going to be much in the way of non-time-locked content to come, I think that the additional costs outlined above are reasonable and give folks yet another dopamine rush to make sure that they get here and login every day.

Best case scenario is that a new bi-weekly comes out soon and provides something new for everybody.

Anyway, that's my theory.

;tldr: Time locked content is great, but speeding up the lock at a high cost isn't a horrible idea if that's going to be the major source of new content going forward.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Peticks wrote:
I think your both misunderstanding. Im not unhappy with the fact that a new player starts out with crap for stats and crap for stat growth from their ap. Its an inevitability and if this weren't the case then the game wouldn't be fair on older players.

if you say that, you are the one missing the point
new players already have huge advantages, compaired to players that have played for 7 years.

bases, that from rank 1 basikly can give you 100K AP's pr day

new artifacts, like
T.O. TerraFounder - Upgraded (size 1, Mining: 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Population: 6000, Bonus Production: 5%)
XC1 Transport Probe (sizew 1, Mining: 3, Artifact: 2)
Bane Psybeacon - Mark IV (size 1, Mining: 3, Research: 3, Artifact: 3, Invasion Defense: 3000)

that are basickly imposible to put on old rift planets becourse of the limits they have, but that any new players can put on the new rift planets and new x22 planets they make.

inactive x15+ planets they can invade
found 3 on my last scan run, (Icy Very Massive Artifact: 15x Mega Rich ), ( Exotic Very Massive Artifact: 16x Mega Rich) and ( Exotic Massive Artifact: 20x Mega Rich)

all in all this adds up to new players gaining AP's a lot faster then what old players did during theire first 3 years of play
today you can proberly pick up the same number of AP's during your first year of playing GL, then what old players got during theire first 2 to 3 years even if they played smart

so if you want to give the x years rewrds to new players as well without having to wait 5+ yeras- to keep things fair, they need to gain atleast 1 or 2 ranks pr day they catch up, = 50K exp's pr day to do that mission.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 pm

DarkMar wrote:
Peticks wrote:
I think your both misunderstanding. Im not unhappy with the fact that a new player starts out with crap for stats and crap for stat growth from their ap. Its an inevitability and if this weren't the case then the game wouldn't be fair on older players.

if you say that, you are the one missing the point
new players already have huge advantages, compaired to players that have played for 7 years.

bases, that from rank 1 basikly can give you 100K AP's pr day

new artifacts, like
T.O. TerraFounder - Upgraded (size 1, Mining: 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1, Population: 6000, Bonus Production: 5%)
XC1 Transport Probe (sizew 1, Mining: 3, Artifact: 2)
Bane Psybeacon - Mark IV (size 1, Mining: 3, Research: 3, Artifact: 3, Invasion Defense: 3000)

that are basickly imposible to put on old rift planets becourse of the limits they have, but that any new players can put on the new rift planets and new x22 planets they make.

inactive x15+ planets they can invade
found 3 on my last scan run, (Icy Very Massive Artifact: 15x Mega Rich ), ( Exotic Very Massive Artifact: 16x Mega Rich) and ( Exotic Massive Artifact: 20x Mega Rich)

all in all this adds up to new players gaining AP's a lot faster then what old players did during theire first 3 years of play
today you can proberly pick up the same number of AP's during your first year of playing GL, then what old players got during theire first 2 to 3 years even if they played smart

so if you want to give the x years rewrds to new players as well without having to wait 5+ yeras- to keep things fair, they need to gain atleast 1 or 2 ranks pr day they catch up, = 50K exp's pr day to do that mission.

A new player can grow faster than a player from 7 years ago when they started out. But a 7 year player grows faster than a new player in a year. What you seem to be suggesting is when a player joins, they should face the 2010 game but be competing, having planets taken by, bases killed by ect 2017 players who joined in 2010.

In 2017 a new player will grow slower than a 7 year player but will have to face off against 7 year players. I dont get how im not explaining it correctly.

Yes, your first year was worse than their first year, but your 7th year is better than their first year. Its not like they're whittling away your advantage, your advantage is growing, or if it isn't then thats your fault because your doing something wrong or are up against a heavy spender and player so ofc they should perform comparatively better than if they didn't.

Look. A simplified formula for artifact growth per year is this, its obviously has powers involved but it illustrates the point. T + G + ASQ. T for time spent playing and actualy actively building your ap hard. So npcing for terraformers and ctp to buy planets. G for gp spent. A for your current artifact per hour from which purgers come. S for your scan, higher scan means you end up with better quality scans because you can break more reliably middle cloaked planets. Q for the quality of planets in the game. Hence, what Q is doesn't matter. Because as a old player your relative growth from it is your AS/ their AS. And because you've played for 7 years, even if the years were less productive, you have a high A. The only way a new player will outperform you is by massively increasing their T and Q far above yours. So they need to play and pay far more, and if they're doing that complaining about them catching up with you is stupid because they are actualy putting the time and money into doing so.

If I grow by 100k attack in a year from my 200k ap/h and my ap grows by 30k from t+g and 130k from ASQ, but they grow by 10k attack from their 20k ap/h and their ap grows by 30K from t+g and 13k from ASQ, Im getting further away from them, more powerful. Doesn't matter if they are only 1 year into the game and at 1 year in I only grew by 3000, Im getting stronger relative to them. Everything you've outlined as why newbies somehow are op is falling into the idea that what matters is how they progress in their first year, their second year. rather than how they progress relative to their peer ships, who have played for 7 years. Infact, the truth is the better Q, the quality of planets, becomes, the better old timer players grow relative to their newer competetors. If Q = 0, all that is added is T + G, so a new player and old player both actively working to grow 30k through the same effort and spending means the growth is equal. While if Q becomes so large as to render T+G relatively worthless, then growth for both is AsQ, assuming equal scanning (which now old timers have even greater but lets pretend their fair), the relative growth is simply (old timer ap)/(newbie ap) . so as q increases the relative growth between two equaly working players grows towards the old timer. The younger player may grow faster than we Q was smaller, but they grow relatively slower to old players. Of course this isn't the full story, that planet colonization costs come with a power while credits per day do not puts a eventual damper on ap growth. But the net effect is not enough to make a high aph player grow less than a low rank aph.

As for your continued insistance on xp. You support a catch up mechanism based on a cost for newer players, you just think it should be xp rather than ctp. In otherwords you think the ideas good but want a different cost, aka not a flagious style 'But I want to feel special and have this power because dang kids.'
Personaly I think its the wrong cost. the medals allready have rank requirements. to get your 7 year medal you need to get rank 1800. If you hit 2200 before you get your 7 year medal the suggested cost is zero. because XP doesn't matter at that point. so 10 clicks each giving 5k xp is simply 10 clicks. While no matter what rank you are ctp holds its same tangible value. Effectively the cost to adding a day is fairly large for those between 1800 and 2200, and zero for those over rank 2200 under xp. It wouldn't cost 2200 rankers anything. under ctp its 100 ctp, 36500 per year, over 50$ worth of gp artifacts each year, for everyone. The concern about slow rankers is adressed in the allready designed rank restrictions imo.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Another "privileged old timer" casting his $.02 in here. I have spent a huge amount of time and money getting my game to where it is.

As Darth put it, so eloquently earlier, NO. Just NO.

Next thing you will be calling for rookie pitchers to make the same as seasoned veterans.

You have to pay you dues. Just like everybody else does. No short cuts. That's the way it works.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next