View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Nekkro 

Introduce a new npc species called the nekkro (or something like that ) with a mission chain culminating in 2 new pvp slots. These are reserved for nekkro-infected PLAYER ships that have been inactive for a year. Nekkro ships can be randomly buffed/debuffed and have random traps but never a halc. Infected can be disabled , raided , and hacked normally

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:58 am

i htnk they should spawn flying dead ships!!!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 am

i would like a new npc which drops a halc busting arti it would get more players npc hunting and more targets for pvping

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 am

detregets wrote:
Introduce a new npc species called the nekkro (or something like that ) with a mission chain culminating in 2 new pvp slots. These are reserved for nekkro-infected PLAYER ships that have been inactive for a year. Nekkro ships can be randomly buffed/debuffed and have random traps but never a halc. Infected can be disabled , raided , and hacked normally

So we are talking about the inactive player being able to be attack ?
That seems like a great idea, tired of attacking always the same few players, I guess they are tired of being attack to.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:03 pm

I like the OP idea - something different that could add a bit of variety. It could allow for attacking directly, or better yet, it will allow you to repair that necro ship and put it onto folks battle tabs.

I also like the halc buster idea, though it shouldn't work on calming amps, only halc traps. It could be an offensive arti that removes a halcyon aura, or it could be a counter-trap you set on your own ship which will block an enemy's halcyon trap from tripping.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
I also like the halc buster idea, though it shouldn't work on calming amps, only halc traps. It could be an offensive arti that removes a halcyon aura, or it could be a counter-trap you set on your own ship which will block an enemy's halcyon trap from tripping.

no no no no no.

artis are there for a reason, both defensive and offensive.

do i like setting off halc after halc ? nope. so i just wait 2 hours after the original halc effect expires and hit them again. it's all a matter of cycling thru your battle tab often enough.

what you *could* do is have a new uncommon NPC drop an arti that gives you a 30 minute offensive buff that triggers an effect on the enemy ship when you set off a halc .. the target player can not apply any new buffs to their ship for 2 hours (they keep their existing ones so if they are on a scan run, it can continue).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

How about the effect of triggering the Halcyon makes them self-destruct (no death) so we can raid them dry for being cowards ? 8-)

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

senatorhung wrote:
artis are there for a reason, both defensive and offensive.

Yeah, that's why I think that any (let's admit it, never going to exist fantasy) halc buster functionality should not affect calming amps. You have to be online to use a calming amp; a halc is just a trap.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:47 am

Nekkro-infected combat rep and personal stats are not affected . maybe new nekkro stats added?
Their planets can be crit-hacked tho

Random temporary buffs could include :
Double/half hull/shield
Def de/buff
Att de/buff
Scan/cloak de/buffs
Random negative status proc
Random heal effect
Containment missle proc
Double /half raid /hack bonus
Impervious to hack/raid
Double /half hack/raid chance
Cant hack until disabled
Cant disable until hacked
Repair ship spawn
Chance of rare planet coordinates ( maybe new nekkro planet type)

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:21 am

Best way to deal with the halc issue is have a 'passive mode', where you switch it on and become untargetable for attacking, and you appear less on battle tabs. But works like a halc, except you have to wait 2 days before you can activate it after performing an offensive action. That way people who want to PvP can and people who prefer not to dont get harrassed. (On a side note, they should change combat rep to clearly reflect the status eg 320x someones deaths in kills equals insane)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm

TheBandit wrote:
Best way to deal with the halc issue is have a 'passive mode', where you switch it on and become untargetable for attacking, and you appear less on battle tabs.

Then you can't be hacked, either.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Didn't specify Hacks but i guess they would count as an offensive action. Maybe you could get hacked, maybe you couldn't. Who knows as it hasn't been implemented but it is a solid idea in my view.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 pm

TheBandit wrote:
Didn't specify Hacks but i guess they would count as an offensive action. Maybe you could get hacked, maybe you couldn't. Who knows as it hasn't been implemented but it is a solid idea in my view.

If you don't appear in battle tabs, and you ahven't done anything offiensive in two days, then nobody can do anything to you. Hence, you couldn't get hacked. It pretty much removes you from PvP 100%.

Also, is a side note and not part of the original post, I think we're getting off track a bit.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:54 pm

Erm... Thanks for talkin about my idea guys lol

Anyway my reason for this is 2fold...
1) more pvp targets
2) theres alot of old players who's ships are just floatin around out there. It would be cool to see them around again if only as a ghost. Maybe dan could make a medal for finding and defeating nocifer or fluffybunny or some other notorious player from the past

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 am

detregets wrote:
Erm... Thanks for talkin about my idea guys lol

Anyway my reason for this is 2fold...
1) more pvp targets
2) theres alot of old players who's ships are just floatin around out there. It would be cool to see them around again if only as a ghost. Maybe dan could make a medal for finding and defeating nocifer or fluffybunny or some other notorious player from the past

Yeah I totaly love your idea :)

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm

+1 to this idea, lots of inactive ships could easily be added to the battle tab.
It would also make things somewhat fairer if they were to have a buff, lots of people quit due to being to weak to do anything pvp wise and getting disable constantly, so having loads of weak inactive ships would make it no challenge to get pvp medals.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm

TheBandit wrote:
Best way to deal with the halc issue is have a 'passive mode', where you switch it on and become untargetable for attacking, and you appear less on battle tabs. But works like a halc, except you have to wait 2 days before you can activate it after performing an offensive action. That way people who want to PvP can and people who prefer not to dont get harrassed. (On a side note, they should change combat rep to clearly reflect the status eg 320x someones deaths in kills equals insane)

then hitting a base should become an offensive action or taking part in hitting a planet even if you are not the 1 hitting invade

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:36 am

Crit hacked nekkro ships could have a nekkro effect added to the planet that is hacked. Special structure or planetary effect or npc defensive blockade?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]