View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PVPing fairness 

some might have noticed that the leaderboad has become nothing but people who pray on the weak by alerting lower ranks witch makes the new guy's to the game not wan't to play after they have get zeroed for 2 day's just to boost stat's.
so along with the rank requirements to get a badge there should be something stopping a rank 2k from disabling a lv 200 one it'll help the game be fair and 2 it'll help keep the high ranks from picking on the lower ranks .

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Not ALL of us are like that, my young friend.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:40 pm

i know a lot of people are not but when you get someone who acts like they own you and and can't retaliate because they hide behind there legion there's more and more who do this to boost there stat's and it's drawing away people and it keeps a few from touching the BT at all.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 am

Im going to guess your talking about pa XP

either that or are massively unaware of pvp ettiqute and are going beyond a red/yellow/blue every 12hr with no artis used.

But no, the game shouldn't be changed, you allready have the block option for the worst abusers of legion alerts, and if you break pvp ettiqute or steal a planet ect I should absolutely be able to whoop your arse in retaliation for my legionmate you wronged.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:23 am

I wonder how many players actually read the "Pvp etiquette" ? I am sure it is quite minimal. Leaving a message goes a long way towards avoiding badge repeats within the twelve hours and "civility".

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:52 am

This post is so full of fail it's hard to know where to begin...

1) Learn to spell, you sound like an idiot.

2) Very few people are in a position to know where most of the kills leaders 10k+ kills came from. Unless you're an alt, you're NOT one of them so you're talking out your butt.

3) PVP is broken pretty badly in GL. It all comes down to decks vs hull. Attack, defense, cloak, and scan don't matter due to infinitely stackable debuffs. Shield is laughable. These are more fundamental problems and any PVP fixes should address these first.

4) In my experience, new guys are turned off by low level SSBs killing them every 12 hours like clockwork when it would take a crazy number of clicks to retaliate. Getting alerted and hammered by high levels is a much rarer occurrence and therefore much less of an annoyance.

I am probably one of the more flagrant violators of big ship/little ship ettiquette. I will happily kill a much lower level slow leveling SSB just for existing. I may have done so as many as 100 times but probably less than that. Take away my cockroach stomping kills and my position on the board would be unchanged. If you want fairness, making slow leveling SSBs untouchable by high levels would be a step in the wrong direction. A much better restriction would be based on number of days played. That way new guys would be protected from experienced players whether said players slow leveled and packed on the hull or fast leveled and got huge.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]