View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Daily 'Quests' 

So I've been playing Destiny 2 lately and one thing they have to keep players logging in is daily 'quests' and weekly 'quests'.

These quests give tokens for certain things depending on what the quest is for, i.e pvp, planet quests, doing certain things like missions, kills of a certain weapon in a certain area type of thing.

Why can't we have a similar sort of thing here. doing certain things each day and week for rewards, the rewardscan be tied into the medal system so its only a little bit of coding to add.
Like so many npc's and you're guaranteed a troop carrier, so many boss/elite alerts and you're guaranteed an extremely rare boss/elite on the next battle tab hit. 10 planet alerts in a week and you get a very large 2x arti planet (as a suggestion) as a reward, base raids - get 15 in a week and you get an e crystal as a reward. Even PvP, disable so many ships in a day or week, and you get a red badge bundle of say 10 - 30 depending on rank. hacking so many in a week (blue badges only) and you get a bundle of blue badges, same for raiding.

And for those that dislike the calming amp and halc users, if you use a calming amp more than 6 times in a week, your ship automatically gets a title 'The Coward' for a week. use more than 10 halc's in a week, and you get the title 'Plays Its Safe' for a week. Getting either of these titles disables the use of either halc or calming amp for 2 days.

This would help bring a bit more activity to some of the 'dying' and 'inactive' legions

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Good suggestion, but definitely don't agree with the whole 'disables the use of calming amps and halcs' idea. A lot of people, particularly at high level, play solely for NPCing. Putting a risk out there is just unnecessary.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:49 pm

I like the ideas, though agree that it shouldn't disable calming amps or halcs. It also shouldn't force the title, but if it could make it available for a week that'd be neat. Or it's always available after the first time, but you can't choose it unless you meet the criteria for the previous week.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 am

The best daily tasks suggestion that I've seen was regarding Political favor. That one I absolutely think should be implemented

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 am

XKaiXDynames wrote:
So I've been playing Destiny 2 lately and one thing they have to keep players logging in is daily 'quests' and weekly 'quests'.

These quests give tokens for certain things depending on what the quest is for, i.e pvp, planet quests, doing certain things like missions, kills of a certain weapon in a certain area type of thing.

Why can't we have a similar sort of thing here. doing certain things each day and week for rewards, the rewardscan be tied into the medal system so its only a little bit of coding to add.
Like so many npc's and you're guaranteed a troop carrier, so many boss/elite alerts and you're guaranteed an extremely rare boss/elite on the next battle tab hit. 10 planet alerts in a week and you get a very large 2x arti planet (as a suggestion) as a reward, base raids - get 15 in a week and you get an e crystal as a reward. Even PvP, disable so many ships in a day or week, and you get a red badge bundle of say 10 - 30 depending on rank. hacking so many in a week (blue badges only) and you get a bundle of blue badges, same for raiding.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42189&start=0

I agree with the concept, though I think it needs its own rewards rather than the ones you suggested. I made a similar suggestion though its more fleshed out than on this topic.

Quote:
And for those that dislike the calming amp and halc users, if you use a calming amp more than 6 times in a week, your ship automatically gets a title 'The Coward' for a week. use more than 10 halc's in a week, and you get the title 'Plays Its Safe' for a week. Getting either of these titles disables the use of either halc or calming amp for 2 days.

This would help bring a bit more activity to some of the 'dying' and 'inactive' legions

No. This is a poison pill amendment to a good idea. Scrap it.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]