View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Add a week to every event! 

Suggestion title speaks for itself. Simply extend every event in the game by 1 week. Why? Because everyone loves events, its a freebee in that the longer the exclusive seasonal items are avalible the more sales you will likely end up with extra gp being bought. Chuhn had an extra week and everyone was most pleased about it, why not implement that universally!

Pros: More gp potentially spent, players happier, more time to do seasonal fun stuff. Anything new added with seasonals has more of an effect on players so less dropping off because of downtime when the lack of permanent content added recently really bites.

Cons: Maybe a couple of miserable 'real hardcores' whining that the casuals have a longer to collect their seasonal medals and drops from npcs.

Its a free win that requires literally no additional effort to implement. simply instead of saying 'ends X' say 'ends X+7'

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Not going to +1 or -1 this, but I will say the extra week really made Chuhn more enjoyable for me. I still wasn't able to get the spice medal, but the extra time allowed another chance to get the limited "The Most Bazaar Collection" medal, which was nice (no chance to get it in 2018!). And I ended up grabbing a couple more of those trade buff thingies from the GP market, as well, so that probably made Dan happy, too.

As far as the other seasonals go... idk. On one hand, I think just a slight uptick in the spawn rate of "choice" NPCs (Runners, transmitters, Illuciar, traders, etc.) would negate the want/need for an extra week, but maybe that would make things too easy? I never have as much time to NPC as I'd like (found about 25 Terrafounders this year and put in what I'd consider "a lot" of NPCing), but I know people who earned twice as many because they were willing to put in the grind.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:06 pm

I agree . in fact , allow no time between events. Go from one to the next

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:54 am

I sent in a suggestion I thought was brilliant. On the anniversary day, for 24 hours, Dan should make all seasonals active. NPCs, missions, GP items. All of it. Can you imagine the orgy of killin and GP buying going on?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:51 am

DarthNefarious wrote:
I sent in a suggestion I thought was brilliant. On the anniversary day, for 24 hours, Dan should make all seasonals active. NPCs, missions, GP items. All of it. Can you imagine the orgy of killin and GP buying going on?

Poppa likes!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:47 pm

darth, good call bro..

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Now let's make it happen.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:15 pm

its not a bad idea but A week added to every event is a good idea and easier than getting every event to fire at once, so lets get a week added and then see about the everything at once day of crazy

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 am

DarthNefarious wrote:

theres a place for both. Your is a good idea, but requires work on dans part. Mine is a good idea, but doesn't require work on dans part. Hence, of the two, the additional week is far more likely to happen than the day of mayhem. Also a week on every event covers way more time than one day so is more meaningful in terms of impact. So push for the more impactful easier thing to happen or the less impactful, but cool, unlikelier thing to happen.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]