View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 What can we as individual play when our base is under attack 

Glad you asked . not a goddang thing.
Lets change that .
:D
How about donating 10% of your max energy for a 1% buff to the base's hull, shields, attack, and defense?
Cap at 25%, only once an attack and lasts the entire length of the attack
How about a limited pop up mission each member of the legion could perform that rewards either a temporary base buff, a base trap, a base repair kit (50k hull repair?), or...?

How about having the one operating defense be able to dock their ship in the base, adding their own attack, defense, shields and hull to the base total?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:39 am

Im sorry, but that last comment made me spit out my dentures! So an already almost unbeatable base then gets given a buff of 2m+ Hull, 600k atk and def (as i know some ships have) to become truly unkillable? Its good for your base as you are strong (compared to some) but it will basically be a case of 'be in a strong legion or your base will die'. Other points are good though

EDIT: How will buff work? Will they be added on like on planets?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 pm

I dont think bases need any more buffing. Their 600 damage cap allready puts a ceiling on how much dps a player can get on them, and their hulls are ever expanding thanks to clamps, as well as seasonal arti upgrades for the always online % bonus's. While some of the ideas may seem like a good way to better engage players in the defence of a base, bases would need a correction that more than wipes out a highly engaged legions defensive bonus from whatever new additions are added.

All this would accomplish without it would be to simply consign more bases to the 'never lock' standard, which is imo the opposite of what should be being targeted.

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm

yeah, the base mechanics are fine as they are now.

but for base defenders, you could make the top5 damage dealers targetable by base defenders (as long as your base is still not disabled) so they can be harassed.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

id be in if you raised the cap on bases...i have attacked some at well over 1 million attack versus like say 80-100k def for the base and that isnt enough to cap on most hits...so more def and hull on a base ..meh, like turning it into a super duper ssb...which is already a thing on battle tab...now if you allowed bigger scope of hits on bases..maybe raised their caps to double or triple what they are now...or some such..

i like the thinking process here..but would want some balance

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]