View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 ship repair in ap quantities 

What if ships could only repair in similar manner to bases....? ap shipments...etc? Maybe change repair nano to only do like 1%?

Something other than how it is now..make things more interesting.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:36 pm

juiceman wrote:
What if ships could only repair in similar manner to bases....? ap shipments...etc? Maybe change repair nano to only do like 1%?

Something other than how it is now..make things more interesting.

In other games I've played, they combat heal-spamming by applying a debuff each time you use one that reduces the effectiveness of further heals of the same type for a period of time. I think a similar approach would work well.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Nah. I'm playing another game now where your troops take hours to heal when they get damage (and, yes, they take retaliatory damage just like we do). It's super annoying so I might not last there too much longer (though I've been playing over 6 months now and keep saying that....LOL). Imagine being able to do a few battles where your ship accumulates damage and then having to wait 4 hours (or a day or something) to be able to do more. I can't see that working here where you only have the one ship.

The only reason it works in the other game is you accumulate troops via various mechanisms, so when one accumulates too much damage you can switch to and use other troops in your army. Eventually your troops go too banged up for you to continue though so there are enforced breaks...

It might discourage some super low death folks from killing themselves on NPCs all the time though to protect their ships from deaths....LOL

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:58 pm

It makes far less sense rationally that a ship can magically repair instantly than taking time to be repaired. Maybe having a repair timer just like the shield regen timer makes sense really.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:17 am

I like Koolaid, but this idea is completely unworkable, unless the idea is to completely destroy the possibility of ever getting reds.

Has everyone just forgotten that T-Plasma Gemini Cannons and Gammacrons exist?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:41 am

Deigobene wrote:

Maybe this change might actually make them useful. They're more of an annoyance than anything else.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Guide wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

Maybe this change might actually make them useful. They're more of an annoyance than anything else.

Let's assume I am fully de-buffed, with attack, defense and shields artied completely out of existence.
I am still pretty sure Geminis would present slightly more than an "annoyance" as you tried to chew through around 2 million hull at around 2000 damage cap.
How many times do you want to repair?
How many times are those suckers going to trigger in 1000 shots?
The answer is a lot. Even if it was just 1 in 10, that's still 100 x 10%.
Enough to kill your ship 10 times. Requiring 10 repairs.

How much longer and more painful would that all be if you had to wait to repair?

I get hit by a Gemini, it is around 290,000 - or considerably more if I buffed hull and shield.
I get hit by a ship, the absolute maximum damage is 2007. Which one is bigger? By a factor of how much? Oh...
For many, Geminis will always do far more damage than ship weapons.

If you were unable to use repair nanos as they currently exist, the situation would not just be a pain, it would be insane.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

You're right diego...good points...i this is why i like intelligent input. It was just a rogue vague idea... :)

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]