View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Monster Hull Module 

I realize this is a pretty self serving idea but I think it has merit. Add a hull module for ships with an outrageous size, 5000 or 10000 perhaps and let ships install an unlimited number of them. I have no opinion on the amount of hull it would add other than to say I'd be fine if it didn't make up for the increased damage cap it takes to make room for them. The point of this module is to provide SOME degree of mitigation for those of us who have packed on decks to take full advantage of deck based artifacts. It doesn't seem fair that I can steal a red badge from Plurvion while he's online. That doesn't keep me from doing it on the regular but still.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Now that you mention it........I concur.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:44 pm

it just a shame he will not let us grab a yellow in the process lol he already repaired on me 1 time while i got the kill when i was after yellow badge i do not even care for the red

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:32 am

he did it to me last night would not let me have my yellow lol,

but i do agree should be something out to decrease damage cap or some sort of great ship mod to be installed that gives a bonus for those decks. maybe something like this

250,000 hull size 4,000
can have 4 installed once all 4 is installed gives a -50% ship damage cap

so 16,000 decks to have all 4 installed but once done drops the damage cap to 8,000 as it stands. so instead of 8,000 damage cap it go down to 4,000 due to all 4 of the decks being installed. so for those who done the ship bot adding to take advantage of those new stuff out will not be as badly hurt like pluv is right now with a 20,000 deck ship his damage cap is 10,000 so having all 4 of these mods he have now instead a 5,000 damage cap

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:10 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
he did it to me last night would not let me have my yellow lol,

but i do agree should be something out to decrease damage cap or some sort of great ship mod to be installed that gives a bonus for those decks. maybe something like this

250,000 hull size 4,000
can have 4 installed once all 4 is installed gives a -50% ship damage cap

so 16,000 decks to have all 4 installed but once done drops the damage cap to 8,000 as it stands. so instead of 8,000 damage cap it go down to 4,000 due to all 4 of the decks being installed. so for those who done the ship bot adding to take advantage of those new stuff out will not be as badly hurt like pluv is right now with a 20,000 deck ship his damage cap is 10,000 so having all 4 of these mods he have now instead a 5,000 damage cap

I like that idea, but the need of having 4 of these module before getting the bonus is a pain. Smaller ship with 10k deck that dont wanna increase it coulntd have the bonus.
I think -10% ship damage cap per module and an extra 10% when all 4 are install would be better and add versatility

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:03 pm

the entire point of the deck based % abilities is to encourage increasing of the damage cap.

reducing the damage cap down for these larger ships, or adding drastic amounts of health to the larger ships is entirely counter to the point of having deck based abilities.

Now, if it were to say, increase attack or defence thats another thing (though, static not %, or cyclopean lens rate % gain)

It makes much more sense in my opinion to have lsbs gain defensiveness through additional defence, which against a ship causes them to hit a lower % of the lsbs damage cap unless the lsb is artispammed or the attacker has a overwhelming attack advantage on the players defence.

That said, you allready HAVE some degree of mitigation in the Exterior Maintenance Droid, which literaly provides +2% hull per 1000 decks, capping at 20%. theres the effective damage cap reduction through additional health...

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]