View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 minimalize clicking in some cases like adding rank points 

I think you should find the way and let say open 1000 rescued prisoners or add 500 helmsmen at once because too much clicking get you bored.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:44 am

This has been suggested many times and while I do think its still a good idea I don't foresee it happening.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:28 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Or how about an [Attack X 5] button or something for NPCs

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:50 pm

if you want the benefits .. you have to do the work ..

the issue with all of these click all suggestions is that anyone who is already using a script will have even less work to do to abuse the system. so until you can block the abuse .. the click restrictions are going to stay.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
How about one big button (like all shiny on it's own new tab) that just says "[Win Galaxy Legion]"? Would cost GP, of course, but at least it should be an option.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I agree with o.p.

Its too time consuming to click 42000 times. I cant get anything else done. It actually discourages gameplay after a certain point. Id much rather kill npcs or pvp or do missions or scan planets hell even retool my owned planets than spend my time clicking single rank points for all the time i can spare out my day to play this game

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm

This idea is as old as the game itself. It gets tossed around every now and then, and shot down for odd reasons.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 pm

senatorhung wrote:
if you want the benefits .. you have to do the work ..

the issue with all of these click all suggestions is that anyone who is already using a script will have even less work to do to abuse the system. so until you can block the abuse .. the click restrictions are going to stay.

No, I realy think its not that hard.

Imagine a new option, ship refit standards. You type in in it, what you want to add where, ect. You click add and the game calculates current values into final values.

Game locks for 5m.

values are updated at the end of the last 5m to the calculated final values when the thing started. game unlocks.

Since the new values are calculated 5m before any value updates, even if they managed to spam click to start the update, and the game unable to do a check during the 5m process to see if multiple versions are processing and abort them all, because the final values are set ones it wouldn't matter. If you had 10k brackets, 1m base level hull, you go to add them all Even if they got a thousand versions of it running right at the start, it would simply be set the final hull variable to 1.1m and when they complete set the hull value for the ship to 1.1m rather than add 100k, when each of them 5m later updates.

Unless im missing something, it seems like it is perfectly achievable to get a system running where people couldn't duplicate the artis.

The real issue, is dan just doesn't feel like it tbh, thats why its mostly shot down. yes we want it but no it appears its not going to happen so every time a new thread pops up its seen as a waste of time.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 am

Peticks wrote:
it is perfectly achievable to get a system running where people couldn't duplicate the artis.

Yes, it is, but Dan bans players who abuse such exploits anyway, so I don't see why the existence them are a restriction for ideas like these.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]