View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Badges to rank 

Scale badges rewarded to reflect disparity in rank between the players and eliminate the badge rank limit

If a rank 100 can hack a rank 2000 he should get more than one blue. If a rank 1000 can disable a rank 3000 he should get more than one red. Etc.....

Pros ? Cons?

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:30 pm

detregets wrote:
Scale badges rewarded to reflect disparity in rank between the players and eliminate the badge rank limit

If a rank 100 can hack a rank 2000 he should get more than one blue. If a rank 1000 can disable a rank 3000 he should get more than one red. Etc.....

Pros ? Cons?

It's just... Not how the badge system has ever worked, other than silvers.

The only thing I see coming out of this is flare spams on alerted high-rank targets. Then high ranks turning around and killing low ranks... For which they get nothing. It's pretty one-sided, working in favour of SSBs.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 pm

All this will do is promote more slow ranking

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:56 pm

No. Just use a Jam Attenuator. They help rather nicely.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 am

Rank has little to do with strength when compared to time played. I don't see a huge problem with the current system, especially with the introduction of the jam attenuator, at least as long as you still have a fair number of badge targets (which is pretty much everybody except for Plurvion, Anubi, and Madog.)

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 am

another day, another another piss-poorly considered 'suggestion' from detregets. you should go back to putting all your suggestions in that single topic. i'm not against well-thought out suggestions, but the fact that you rarely get positive responses to your plethora of suggestions should give you a hint that you need to think things through a bit more instead of blitzing crap off the top of your head. not sure if Spock is still paying attention beyond seasonal stuff, but moving all of detregets suggestions into that single topic would drastically cut down on the 'negativity' in the remainder of the suggestions forum.

rank 1 spams flares on me (rank 2292) and gets around 5k research points and a blue.
i hack him back and get 25 research points and no blue.
i'd say that's a win for the low.rank already ... no need to bolster that.

the #1 hacker in the game is rank 566. and he got to #1 at rank 50.

sitting at low.rank can serve a useful game purpose (just before ranking out of an NPC range, manage damage cap for PvP, maximize arti production and hull/shields/crew per rank), but the game doesn't need any more rewards for doing so.

the jam.attenuator is a sop to those who weren't able to stay SSB for PvP. it's a very NICE sop .. nice enough that the most notorious SSB added 1400 decks in a hour to go for it.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]