View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 We NEED more stronger scanners! 

Hello, I'm a HUGE FAN of this game, I've been playing this game for a very long time.

I already finished all the single player missions except for one in this game, I maxed out all research for all the ship parts, and I have about 247 planets in my empire.

But I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to find greater quality planets to invade via the scanners, I've also noticed I haven't encountered any artificially created mega colossal oceanic planets in the game and I want to replace the 3 out of mine that were stolen, I also only encountered one dyson planet to invade via my scannings my whole life, and I think it's because I owen to many planets in my empire AND the scanners for our ship aren't strong enough anymore... All N All can you add new boss ships with stronger scanner artifacts or at least more stronger scanners to research?

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:55 pm

High scan has NOTHING to do with quality planets. It is entirely random. I do my scan runs at around 28 000 or so scan and I have never found a planet with over 18 000 scan. Your scan total mostly relates the total number planets you can have scanned. With my setup I go from 694 or so to 1795 or so total planet. That goes up if you have more scan.

The quality of planet is entirely random. 75-80% of planets scanned will usually be of Rich quality or lower.

We already have too many scan buffs and not enough ways to add planetary cloak without losing production so I am against it plus it would change nothing.

Ideally Dan should add more planets in the Galax and; if possible (I am not a coder) make sure these unnocupieds are of higher minimum size and rssources.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 pm

fortkavanagh wrote:
Hello, I'm a HUGE FAN of this game, I've been playing this game for a very long time.

I already finished all the single player missions except for one in this game, I maxed out all research for all the ship parts, and I have about 247 planets in my empire.

But I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to find greater quality planets to invade via the scanners, I've also noticed I haven't encountered any artificially created mega colossal oceanic planets in the game and I want to replace the 3 out of mine that were stolen, I also only encountered one dyson planet to invade via my scannings my whole life, and I think it's because I owen to many planets in my empire AND the scanners for our ship aren't strong enough anymore... All N All can you add new boss ships with stronger scanner artifacts or at least more stronger scanners to research?

1. http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... d_Max_Scan
> max scan can be over 50k scan power as litheor explorer ... if you are not finding 'quality' planets .. then their owners are properly cloaking them .. if you had some stolen from you, they were either NOT properly cloaked or were crit.hacks.

2. Scans Performed 171490 .. i have 4 non-mission C dysons on scan and 1 rift that was formerly an occupied dyson that i stole so that is 1 dyson per 34,298 scans

3. 247 planets is pitifully low. I Choose You at rank 782 had 165 planets (30 open planet slots). at rank 2311, i have 500 planets (78 open planet slots) - my peak was 516 planets at rank 2074 (3 open planet slots). i have paid GP to abandon planets down to 500 to manage invasion costs and improve the chances of a beneficial government official. i also maintain scans on around 100 enemy planets for various missions and future invasions.

so when i purge down to 650 odd planets before a scan blitz .. that gives me around 1000 planets per scan run. with only 247 planets .. you should be able to scan for 1500+ planets per scan run. after that, your only limitation is the EM required to build purgers.

regarding CP's comment about improving the planet pool - i disagree. however, Dan should introduce medals for purging planets of each size (VT, T, VS, S, AV, L, VL, M, VM, C) with differing numbers for each (maybe 50k for VT down to 2k for C). the drops for each medal should be 4.hour tribute caches.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the info you two, BUT I still think we need more stronger scanners, AND I'm saying that as a dirt poor gamer!!

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 pm

fortkavanagh wrote:
Thanks for the info you two, BUT I still think we need more stronger scanners, AND I'm saying that as a dirt poor gamer!!
If you don't even know what scan currently is, why should anyone care if you think it should be higher?

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Oh and "more stronger" is incorrect English.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:37 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Oh and "more stronger" is incorrect English.

No, no it's not, so long as more is being used in the context of quantity.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]