View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Game Wide Contests!! 

So here is a idea....Game wide contests

Of course there are legion contests within legions. What if there were game wide contests maybe could have 3 divisions since the ranks vary so greatly in the game. Obviously not everyone into PVP so could do something like Most invasions of a certain type of planet that is so many times in something maybe have more requirements like has to be a Mass or greater in size and must be a certain type of planet. Then could post proof to a page like could create a FB page for GL contests game wide or if nobody feels like doing that could post to the discord chat or something. Each contest could run for a certain length of time like in a normal contest.

The prizes of course will have to be donated by players all over the game. I am up for donating if people are up for trying the game wide contest

The point? The point is not everyone that plays GL is in a active legion and yes its their choice but at the same time doing a game wide contest we may be able to interact with them more or be able to liven up the game some for people that are bored with the game or have plans to retire or even the hated idea of game ending soon. Wouldn't it be better to have fun to the end vs sit around complaining and not doing anything?

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Message deleted.

Last edited by CapitainePaul on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Well how about posting proof of invades to here then? or Perhaps could create a FB Gl Contest page or something for purposes of contests only and proof of invades.

Oh that just gave me another idea...we could do game wide scavenger hunts like find a enemy planet with a gauss chain on it or a weather station or a mother 2.0 lol That is actually even better then the invade planets because that stuff is harder to find!! Could have a list of things to find and then post proof of finding said items and first 3 ships to find the stuff win!!

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:07 pm

ArchAngel's scavenger hunt idea sounds fun!

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Well I mean it doesn't have to be my scavenger hunt I meant like it could be a Galactic Scavenger hunt!

Maybe a list of things to find like for EXAMPLE purposes only:

a Weather station ( how many of those are floating about the galaxy? lol)
a VM with stealth screen ( easy enough to find and don't have to invade just have to find it and no can not be yours)
a Gauss Chain (for those that don't know its a planet structure dropped from an Allovore Entity)
a T.O. Manufacture Core
a Research Station
a Barrier Nexus
a ship that has a Surge Plexus
a ship that has at least 900 hacks but no more than 5k hacks
a Lepus Bio Nest
a Elios Helical plant
a Scruuge Hoarding Vault (any will do)
a Litheor Transmutative Locator

Clearly this just a random list of stuff but obviously would have to adjust for lower ranks that may or may not be able to see all the items listed here. This just a sample anyways but if anyone else has any ideas on things to look for that would be fantastic! The scavenger hunt was actually something I learned from my time in Wombats so I can not take credit for that idea. I just thought it would be fun to do one Galaxy wide not just a legion one. Though I am happy to see at least someone is on board with the idea! I look forward to any ideas others may have for it!

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 am

if you want to scavenger hunt .. get peeps to look for a guarded memorial .. i have 3 in cargo and only 1 other scanned on an enemy planet. so that is 4 found in 7.5 years ...

i've also been collecting (keeping on scan anyway) the greek numbered planets.

i already have 4 VM gas w/stealth screen logged .. all inactive owned.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

The M.O.T.H.E.R from the first year I never see but 2.0'as are common. It could be a nice one to look for.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 am

contest of how many tibs you can get farty dog the wimp to spam you with in a 24 hour period lol remember all this ship so weak it 40k damage per hit and 30 seconds to kill and when he pops in he throws a tantrum and spamms tibs swears on your comm and makes threats

so why not have a contest on how many tibs he will spam you with contest :)

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:47 am

or even have dan do a event kill contest he pops his ship up all players can see it and who ever kills he awards some random artifact old or new and it can range from any type of artifact of his choosing including possible 5gp or something so it be like a special crate of something and it can give an award ranging from anything including a worthless foci lol

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]