View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 daily mission for unpopular professions 

some professions are just awful in the current meta. i don't know how many takers Xeners has had during this seasonal for using 8.year drops for race/profession changes, but i suspect quite a few have taken advantage of the opportunity to wrap up some difficult to finish medals.

since it is unlikely that those unpopular professions can be buffed in any significant way that would make them playable, how about a new daily mission that is only open to those unpopular professions ? make it unlock at rank 200 to dwindle the parade of alts.

1. every day at server timer midnight (same timer as UST rollover), the game can check the professions of every active player.
2. sort the professions in popularity
3. randomly pick one of the bottom 5 popularity professions
4. set the daily mission to only be available to that profession for the next 24H

daily mission reward can be like the klorvis debris - but instead of getting 1 of 4 fixed drops, the player could get their choice of 4 different - could be research points, ctp, exotic matter, a planet structure, an energy bomb (10% of current energy bar) .. whatever might tempt someone to choose one of those unpopular professions.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 pm
Profile WWW

I wish I'd kept track of how many people I've helped finish medals, but as you've probably guessed by now, I'm just not that organized. If I had noted who needed which ships needed which races or professions I would have used fewer Ethereal Shells.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me get alerted in legions where someone wanted help with a medal, and thanks to others for tolerating me bullying you into finishing a medal :lol:

In the early game when the unlockable professions first appeared as bi-weekly missions, almost everyone unlocked every race. Now I see a lot of people who haven't finished some of those mission chains and will probably not bother. Who needs to be Kronyn, when higher ranks in every legion are happy to drop or alert a 17x Research planet for lower ranks?

The rotating race daily mission sounds cool. Maybe when Dan does a mobile version of GL (my particular GL fantasy), he'll incorporate the idea.

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:08 am

xencindy wrote:
In the early game when the unlockable professions first appeared as bi-weekly missions, almost everyone unlocked every race. Now I see a lot of people who haven't finished some of those mission chains and will probably not bother. Who needs to be Kronyn, when higher ranks in every legion are happy to drop or alert a 17x Research planet for lower ranks?

Kronyn was one of the earliest races that i unlocked. i will finally get Genetarr out of the way sometime next week. august 2020 will unlock xecti .. and august 2021 will be the final race unlock for me of taltherian (unless some other race chain gets introduced before then .. taltherian will always be last lol).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]