View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gentler Invasion Cost Ramp 

I've just watched another long time player quit the game. It led me to reflect on what a boring grind this game becomes at the higher ranks. PVP sucks because the number of ships on your BT gets tiny. Many high ranked NPCs disappear. But I guess the thing that makes high ranking the MOST painful is the punitive cost of invasions. I'm pulling in over a million minerals per hour and I still have to sell ctp every day to invade. I'm spending gp to abandon most of my invasions so Dan's getting richer but eventually I'll probably have to admit defeat and stop invading every day, which will kick my prismatic energy production right where it hurts. I'm not really seeing much upside to anyone.

Mon May 31, 2021 6:57 pm

Invasion cost hasn't gotten to me too much yet, but I agree with you that higher rank players need more to do. I rarely PvP, but when I do, it's not unusual to click 15-20 minutes, after I use an Inhibitor and Krionite torpedo, to take someone's hull down. I'm guessing a lot of these ships have 2 M hull or more.

I'd settle for a new NPC, one that drops more Terraformers and fewer of the things I already have

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:02 am

Well, the only new content for years now has basically been an occasional medal during a seasonal or time-gated content for people that started playing when the game was created.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:11 pm

the OP has 1066 planets occupied at rank 4825

i have 692 planets occupied at rank 3491

working on the ranks page of the wiki quite a few years ago, it was obvious that invasion costs would eventually get out of hand if i didn.t manage my total number of planets.

1st step was to maintain around 30% mining planets (which had a lot of naysayers here at the time), though that focus has now slackened somewhat since both my arti and mining productions cap in the same timeframe of around 5.5 hours, and research points have helped top up the daily credit supply. this was also an aspect of aiming for SSB status, to minimize the daily ship upkeep and give more buffer for daily (and now even twice daily after scan blitzes) invasion costs.

2d step was to start increasing my standards for what types of planets i would be willing to invade to keep. even planets that would still be better than some of my existing occupied planets would be alerted for legion members instead if they didn.t have any non.extractable structures that i rated more highly.

3d step was to spend GP to start abandoning my worst producers (much easier than waiting to get the artis to improve all of them to top.tier status) - a process that i have now undergone for years, but which has been more limited by extractor supply than by not being able to find candidates to abandon and alert to pass on to legion members.

out of 692 planets currently occupied:
499 artfact production / project planets (minimum 540 artifact per hour for non.projects)
83 mining production planets (minimum 1236 mining per hour)
110 storage planets (minimum 12953 cloak before legion bonus)
0 futbawl planets (7 on scan)

5.16 hours to cap mining production
5.37 hours to cap artifact production
2.55 hours to cap research production

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]