View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cobalt Drive 

Cobalt Drive needs editing:

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php? ... balt_Drive

Activated Ability: Adds +3 Engineers to your ship. No Cost to use. Cooldown 20 hours

As pictured in image, states adds +3 energy, not engineers.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:44 pm

quit trolling.

if you aren't trying to troll .. think harder.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
quit trolling.

if you aren't trying to troll .. think harder.

I see, so, by reading what is posted next to the module, it only adds +3 energy.

Got it.

Thanks for your grand wisdom.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:16 pm

DariousTheDark wrote:
I see, so, by reading what is posted next to the module, it only adds +3 energy.

Got it.

The way that the ability adds +3 energy (as the module description states) is by adding +3 engineers to your ship.

In my opinion, the word 'engineers' (as used in the wiki) is more precise as this is what the ability is actually doing, but Dan opted for 'energy' in the description as it suits the module better.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:29 pm

rnagy wrote:
DariousTheDark wrote:

Got it.

The way that the ability adds +3 energy (as the module description states) is by adding +3 engineers to your ship.

In my opinion, the word 'engineers' (as used in the wiki) is more precise as this is what the ability is actually doing, but Dan opted for 'energy' in the description as it suits the module better.

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php? ... embly_Line

Ability: One Scientists added to crew per charge. 20 hour cooldown.

Q-Pedd Assembly Line adds one scientist to your ship as quoted in the wiki and as well as on the module.
It does not state so on the Cobalt Drive.
By saying the drive adds +3 energy, it makes it sound like it 'gives' you 3 energy instead of saying adds 3 engineers to your crew.
Unlike the Q-Pedd Assembly, by this reason, should simply say, 'Adds +2 Research' and not adds 1 Q-Pedd Scientist. to your crew.

Increases Ship Drive Efficiency by adding 3 engineers to your crew, is an easy add to the module installed as stated in the wiki.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm

DariousTheDark wrote:
Ability: One Scientists added to crew per charge. 20 hour cooldown.

Q-Pedd Assembly Line adds one scientist to your ship as quoted in the wiki and as well as on the module.
It does not state so on the Cobalt Drive.
By saying the drive adds +3 energy, it makes it sound like it 'gives' you 3 energy instead of saying adds 3 engineers to your crew.
Unlike the Q-Pedd Assembly, by this reason, should simply say, 'Adds +2 Research' and not adds 1 Q-Pedd Scientist. to your crew.

Increases Ship Drive Efficiency by adding 3 engineers to your crew, is an easy add to the module installed as stated in the wiki.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The wiki editors can edit the wiki, but this won't change the text in the game... Dan would need to update the drive, which is unlikely.

The wiki text could be changed to match the in-game description, but as you stated, this could cause some confusion as +3 energy is not as clear as +3 engineers.

As the wiki is now, it states what the ability actually does rather than matching the description which could be misinterpreted.

So, are you suggesting that the wiki be changed to make it less clear so that it matches what Dan set the module description as?

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:51 pm

rnagy wrote:
Dan would need to update the drive, which is unlikely.

It's a simple text addition.
That's why this is posted under Suggestions & Ideas.
DariousTheDark wrote:
Cobalt Drive needs editing

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 pm

DariousTheDark wrote:

DariousTheDark wrote:

Yes, it would be a simple change, but it's difficult to even get typos fixed (e.g. this year's Cyclopean Lens upgrade)... What we're discussing isn't even a typo, just wording that Dan chose for this module.

---> To be clear, I agree that using the word engineers would be more precise. In the grand scheme of things, though, it's not that big of a deal... once someone uses the ability once, they can see their engineer count rise, and they understand! ;)

DariousTheDark wrote:

Also... speaking of things that are unclear... I guess you were suggesting the module description be updated in-game, but you posted the wiki link right after that statement... it made it look like you were suggesting the cobalt drive needs editing on the wiki.

That's what my responses were centered around, I thought you were suggesting the wiki be edited to match the game, not vice versa.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:44 pm

rnagy wrote:
DariousTheDark wrote:

DariousTheDark wrote:

Yes, it would be a simple change, but it's difficult to even get typos fixed (e.g. this year's Cyclopean Lens upgrade)... What we're discussing isn't even a typo, just wording that Dan chose for this module.

---> To be clear, I agree that using the word engineers would be more precise. In the grand scheme of things, though, it's not that big of a deal... once someone uses the ability once, they can see their engineer count rise, and they understand! ;)

DariousTheDark wrote:

Also... speaking of things that are unclear... I guess you were suggesting the module description be updated in-game, but you posted the wiki link right after that statement... it made it look like you were suggesting the cobalt drive needs editing on the wiki.

That's what my responses were centered around, I thought you were suggesting the wiki be edited to match the game, not vice versa.

I posted the wiki link for reference as to what it says there vs to what the module states when installed on your ship.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]