View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 bonus for those that like to fight 

over time, those that use their energy on missions get tier rewards. there is no compensation for the people that like to fight. the ones that like to use every energy point fighting the good fight beating back those pesky aliens that come to close to their territory. I propose a different set of TIER rewards for pvp. for amount of kills, reaching a certain rank (savage, etc). Don't know how you would rank it, but i feel the pvp'ers are being left out by not getting said rewards. Now they cannot be the same, cause then people would get 2 of everything, just different.

This could A-reward pvp as much as missions and B-reward people to try something new (ie pvpers also mission and mission people also pvp)

just 2 cents and a coupon to fred myers on my part

Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 am

/concur, also id like (if possible, asking a bit much here) an system in which you would gain extra XP by being pitted against anonymous foe that is equalish in ship strength to you. details of course would be debated but just an idea to give PVPers something stable to work with.

Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 am

I feel like the extra xp is a nice reward already especially when you disable a higher rank ... When you hack, you get absolutely no xp and I feel it!
The problem is more the raid actually, since normally, when you disable an enemy it should also be for raiding him but the raid system is just not interesting right now. 5discussed many time with the lost crew thing).

Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 am

for attacking the new XP system works, but there is no $$$ gain for it. the $$$ gain is supposed to be the raiding but everyone is too afraid to lose crew to raiding so most just disable the ship and leave it there. its a totally unrealistic scenario. the motivators are all wrong. the raiding needs a serious revision, and the rewards for raiding need to be increased ALOT.

for raiding, if im going to use 5 energy, i better get something worth more than 5 energy in return. there is no way im spending 5 to get 32 dynite again.

for hacking, im kinda new to it so ill just throw out what i have seen. the RP gained is OK, but it would be great if XP were gained per hack to make it worthwhile. the gains though hacking boost research, but if you count it by how much you produce on your own per hour its not even close. when im trying to level, hacking is not on my list of activities. i do it just for the experience of doing it, and perhaps the small chance to get a planet.

for the achievements for pvp, it would be nice to add 1 to the mission completed # every 50-100 kills

Thu May 20, 2010 12:35 pm

getting a little off topic here. this is not for a revamping of the pvp system. just noticed an inequality between pvpers and non pvpers. people who only mission get tier rewards aka omicron injector, prototype mech. This is just a statement that pvpers are being left out of the love

Thu May 20, 2010 1:38 pm

I agree with Aggross 100%, some reward system for PvP would be excellent. The XP bonus is a great and much needed update, now there is some reward for PvP but there still is not much incentive. Some games use a rank system, with rewards or bonuses available for purchase (not free!) based on your combat victories. The best example of this is Castle Age, which opens up units & equipment at different ranks.

In GL, it could be linked to our combat reputation. Here are some examples that shouldn't require much effort on Dan's part:
Experienced - 10% discount on weapon cost and/or resource reqs.
Harmfull - +25 to raids.
Dangerous - +10% attack
(These are just intended as a few ideas. The possibilities are endless.)

Thu May 20, 2010 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]