View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ideas for new planet types 

I have found some new planet types on the web which could be added and decided to add a few of them to get us started:

Cimmerian-these planets are abundant with gases and usually have some deposits of metal, usually of average size ( research being abundant for a planet )

Cyanic-these planets contain large amounts of Cyano-acetylene ( an organic compound that contains large amounts of Carbon. Carbon is found in lots of gasses solids and liquids so this planet could be rich across the board for Research, Artifact and mining )

Lanthanide-these worlds are very rich in earth metals ( mining rich or very rich etc)

Opalescent- these worlds contain various metals and gases ( research and mining abundance )

Telluric- these worlds can support life ( so artifact should be awesome ) and have many precious metals ( mining abundant )

im pretty sure none of these have been suggested, feel free to add to this :)

Leader of SSA (Shayfield Shadow Alliance)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 pm

wait, you found these names cause theyre real or you made up these names? either way theyre cool...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm

i found these on a wiki site, and they do apparently exist, im not sure if we can post links to off site material so i didn't include it here. 8-)

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 am

Glass - A planet glassed from previous battle . artifact production

Biological - A planet covered in Biomass - research production . Passive defence and attack .

Aerial - A special gas planet in which the atmosphere content is mostly oxygen and nitrogen allowing it to be habitable , it has floating land masses created due to the planet inverted gravity fields , pretty much a terra with floating islands . artifact and research

Radioactive - a highly radioactive planet . need cloning pods to regenerate population, high research and mining

Diamond - when a star collapses and left over time the star core turns compresses and turns into diamond (its real) high mining

Electro-core - similar to a metal planet, however the core of the planet is a conductive and generates energy, charging the planet with large amounts of electricity . high research .

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Pellucid-have very few exotic minerals but are usually large in planetary size ( could make this average or sparse)

Plutonic-these frequently contain large amounts of rare earth metals as well as radioactive metals, these worlds are also uncommon ( mining rich and maybe have artifact as abundant and research average )

Super-Dense As their name implies, these feature very dense base metals such as Lead ( mining rich/research rich/artifact rich ). Their high density causes seismic instability and heavy gravity, making them dangerous and expensive to land on. ( this could have a passive defense because of the gravity and because of the dense metals mining could be rich, also this could be made a mission acquisition only planet due to the passive defense and also because of the gravity, there could be a passive cloak bonus as well, all the more reason to make it a mission only planet )

Ultra marine these sometimes support life ( so an artifact richness should be available ) and are rich in earth metals ( rich mining/average research )

Vinylogous these have base metals and common minerals ( mining could range from rich to very abundant with the latter being more common on larger planets )

Azure life can be found on this world ( artifact rich and research abundant ) and light minerals can be found, sometimes in abundance ( abundant mining )

Dust these worlds do contain some common minerals but not much else, they usually have a thin atmosphere, so it can the support the smallest of ecosystems ( research average, artifact average )

Hydrocarbon these are planets with huge deposits of hydrocarbons ( mining rich and are considered common) they also have light quantities of the base metals. they often support life ( artifact/research rich ) Effectively, they are Water Worlds ( or oceanic ) but with hydrocarbon compounds instead of water.

and TK, +10 for your findings/additions

they are cool :)

Last edited by xXxEccoxXx on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 am

Kurenite planet - a massive ball of kurenite - megarich mining

Krionite Planet - i dont know what krionite is... but i thought its something interesting to put up . megarich research.

liked the super dense and hydrocarbon :)

Last edited by Commonwealth <TK> on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 am
Profile WWW

Ultra marine nice name ...did you get it from warhammer 40000 ?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

nah, i got it from a wiki page and put it over here, i didn't notice it was from war-hammer 40K :P

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Magnetic these have erromagnetic metals, especially nickel and niobium, and a small amount of exotic magnetic monopoles. Their strong magnetic fields cause the manifestation of vicious lightning storms. ( Mining average, Research Very rich, passive cloak bonus of 150 due to high magnetic interference)

Quasi-Degenerate these have some exotic Degenerate Matter, which has such extraordinarily high density that the dominant contribution to its pressure is attributable to the Pauli exclusion principle. ( all research, artifact, mining X-4-12 Mega Rich)

Selenic Selenic Worlds feature base metals like Selenium, Calcium, and Aluminum. they usually have a heavily cratered grey surface. for a comparison, Our Moon ( Luna ) is A Selenic World. ( research rich, artifact Average, Mining Abundant )

Yttric are mainly composed of Yttrium and Ytterbium, They hold rare earth metals and base metals. ( mining Very abundant and artifact and research average )

Xenolithic these worlds have scattered deposits of precious metals with trace amounts of base metals. Delta Centauri II was one of these worlds. ( mining rich, artifact Average, research rich )

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:13 am

I would love to see what you used to search for these planet types xXxEccoxXx.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Commonwealth <TK> wrote:

Radioactive - a highly radioactive planet . need cloning pods to regenerate population, high research and mining

Diamond - when a star collapses and left over time the star core turns compresses and turns into diamond (its real) high mining

Electro-core - similar to a metal planet, however the core of the planet is a conductive and generates energy, charging the planet with large amounts of electricity . high research .

Nice ideas all, but these 3-4 in particular. I really like the concept of a lightning storm filled planet or highly electric core. I also like the storyline of seeing what happens to planets after a battle; like it turning into glass. Or for that matter, what about a "junk" planet? Where tons of space debris has crash landed. After some "repairs" to the parts you find, you are able to make artifacts.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:22 pm

zophah wrote:
I would love to see what you used to search for these planet types xXxEccoxXx.

i just used Wikipedia :)

theres quite a few more on there but i didn't want to put them all here as the rest are very similar to what we already have anyway

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Galactic Core 'Planet' - provides 1:1 production:Energy charge ratio. No development/race/profession bonus. Always very tiny - small. Requires a special building to 'extract' energy, which costs 10,000 Exotic Matter, 20,000,000 Credit and takes up 15 spaces. Upgrades to building available through compounding requirements -
Lv 1 provides 1 extra energy per collection tick, costs initial building resources.
Lv 2 provides 2 energy, costs 2X
Lv 3 provides 4 energy, costs 4X
... and so on and so forth, up to Lv 5.

Special effect :
- Each player may only colonize one single Galactic Core.
- Chances of colonization is 25%, failure requires a 24 hour cool down, like invasion. Can be removed with paradox generators.
- Planet location may not be shared to legion.
- Due to gravitational pull, invading forces receive a 50% penalty to defense.
- If colonization successful, the player receives 42 'Staff of Life' artifacts. When used, it turns a planet type into Terra with lv 3 ecosystems.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 am

KingJuggernaut wrote:
Commonwealth <TK> wrote:

this is what i envision these planets look like...

Glass:Image

Radioactive:Image

Diamond:Image

Electrocore:Image

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 am

I'd rather have the current implemented types spawning properly. With a minimum abundance for each rare and above (rarity wise) kind of planet. I.e. not seeing exotic planets with the best abundance as rich or oceans with best abundance as average/abundant. That's what I'd like to see.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

My ideas:

Molten Exotic Matter Planet:
Extremely Rare

Mining: Rich-2x Mega Rich

Research: Extremely Rich-5x Mega Rich

Artifact: Extremely sparse

Size: tiny-very massive

Passive Bonus: Due to melted exotic matter you'll get a 20% bonus to research a and a hourly gain of 5-20 exotic matter (depends on planet size tiny-very small 5 matter, small-average 10 matter, large-very large 15 matter Massive- very massive 20 matter

Artificial Planet:
Extremely Rare

Mining: Depends

Research: Depends

Artifact: Depends

Passive: Mimics a planet

Size: depends

Control: Pay energy to pick your planet rarity-20 energy for common, 50 energy for uncommon, 100 energy for rare, 150 energy for extremely rare, 200 for mythical

Note: Cant pay energy to choose anything else ONLY the planet rarity

Nuclear Biohazard Planet:
Extremely rare

mining: average

Research: very Rich

Artifact: Rich

size: large-massive

passive: Invasion attack bonus 500

If anyone had one of these ideas quote this and please DO NOT lie so you can steal my ideas.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:40 am

Well if you recall dans post from, a planet post a while back,

No Rubber,Glass,Bubblegum,Slime etc etc. I cant find the exact posts but I know he said no Rubber or Glass

Champions of Time: Kronyn Builder : Rank 463

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:11 am

Got a new one:

Nitroglycerin Planet:
Extremely rare

Mining: abundant-rich

Research: Extremely rich-2x mega rich

artifact: abundant-rich

Size: large-very massive

Passive bonus: due to both unnatural and natural ways nitroglycerin was made you get one higher research. Ex. 2x mega rich with the bonus=3x mega rich, and since the nitroglycerin fused with top soil you gain a invasion defense +300

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:18 am

l337h4l wrote:
Got a new one:

Nitroglycerin Planet:
Extremely rare

Passive bonus: due to both unnatural and natural ways nitroglycerin was made you get one higher research. Ex. 2x mega rich with the bonus=3x mega rich, and since the nitroglycerin fused with top soil you gain a invasion defense +300

Now you just picked a chemical compound out of a hat and put "planet" at the end of it. Let's try to keep it within some boundry of realism.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 am

Quaritch wrote:
l337h4l wrote:
Got a new one:

Nitroglycerin Planet:
Extremely rare

Now you just picked a chemical compound out of a hat and put "planet" at the end of it. Let's try to keep it within some boundry of realism.
Nitroglycerin is also a bomb. the slight bump can cause it to explode. so its not just a compound it is an explosive too. and yes i just pulled that right out of my ***

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next