View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Tiered Professions 

In this game, you start out with a profession that is already maxed out (never gets any better). I would suggest that professions level up as you do. I would say that have 3 levels

I would see them tiering up every hundred levels, maxing when you hit level 200. When you change race/profession, your new profession would start at whatever your old profession was.

• Profession
    • Basic: 50% of what the profession does now (Levels 0-99)
    • Mid-Professional Knowledge: Same % we see now (Levels 100-199)
    • Expert: 150% of what the profession does now (200+)

Examples:
  • Merchant
    • Barterer: 15% extra max cargo space (available for Inergon, Sillixx, and Human)
    • Merchant: 30% extra max cargo space (available for Inergon, Sillixx, and Human)
    • Efficiency Expert: 45% extra max cargo space (available for Inergon, Sillixx, and Human)

• Spy
    • Spy-in-Training: 10% extra cloaking skill (available for Inergon, Konqul, Human, and Vygoid)
    • Spy: 20% extra cloaking skill (available for Inergon, Konqul, Human, and Vygoid)
    • Spy Master: 30% extra cloaking skill (available for Inergon, Konqul, Human, and Vygoid)

• Physicist
    • Shield-Technician: 15% extra max shielding (available for Aerlen, Inergon, and Vygoid)
    • Physicist: 30% extra max shielding (available for Aerlen, Inergon, and Vygoid)
    • Multi-Doctorate Physicist: 45% extra max shielding (available for Aerlen, Inergon, and Vygoid)

And so on. Basically, one starts out with 50% of what they have now, at level 100 they get what they would have now and at level 200, they would have 150% of what they have now. This adds a depth of character to the professions that you don't have now. (For Saboteur, it would either be related to the timer length).

Ideally, I would prefer to see the professions not linked to your race so throughout the game you could choose to master 1-2 of them, get a good knowledge of 2-3 of them and get basic proficiency in most/all of the rest of them. You could choose the order you did them in. This direction would probably require profession based missions, and maybe a special 'profession credit' that would be deducted every time you did one of those missions so you couldn't try to max 4 professions and get basic knowledge of none of the rest.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:35 pm

I like the idea of tiered professions .
would like to see mission chains that are only available to the specific profession which would unlock artifacts and abilities only usable by that profession .
also If you switch professions after becoming a master in one you should lose a percentage of the benefits of mastery in the profession you are leaving ,
"jack of all trades master of none "
that % lost would also be affected by your mastery of another profession .

master merchant 150%
leave profession for another drop to 125%
progress 1 lvl next profession drop to 115%
lvl 2 100%
mastery 90%

so ya don't completely lose all the benefit of mastery of one when you switch to another ,does that make sense .

Last edited by vladd13 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:53 pm

+1

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 pm

This is a great idea over all. I agree that once you are at a master level and then you change then there should be some decrease to the level until you can master that profession. Maybe taking back to the mid-level for 10 or 20 ranks until you go to master in the new profession.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 pm

I would prefer you gain points and distribute them as you wish.

so i could put 1 pt in every profession and be really crappy at all of them or put all my pts into the same profession and be excellent at it.

Also there could be "locked points" for instance from doing certain missions that can never be moved around so you could have 5 pts you can move around by artifacts and then 3 pts from an excavator mission that give +3 to excavator but those ones cannot be moved by artifacts. So in a way you are somewhat locked into your path but not completely punished for it if you ever want to change it later.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:23 pm

+1

Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 pm

+1

Champions of Time: Kronyn Builder : Rank 463

Tue May 03, 2011 9:59 pm

+1

Wed May 04, 2011 6:54 am

cris.litvin wrote:
I would prefer you gain points and distribute them as you wish.

so i could put 1 pt in every profession and be really crappy at all of them or put all my pts into the same profession and be excellent at it.

Also there could be "locked points" for instance from doing certain missions that can never be moved around so you could have 5 pts you can move around by artifacts and then 3 pts from an excavator mission that give +3 to excavator but those ones cannot be moved by artifacts. So in a way you are somewhat locked into your path but not completely punished for it if you ever want to change it later.

I like this spinoff on rank points. Right now we can only benefit our ship. i would also like to benefit the captain of the ship. i had suggested a sort of 'stat point' thing when i first joined the forums, but i think this could be a good addition. Players could recieve Stat points every 5 levels, and rank points every level.

Wed May 04, 2011 7:00 am

+1 this is one of the best ideas I've heard of yet.

Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 am

Best thing since nuclear fusion.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 am

can't think of any improvement so will just say +1

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Euripides

Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 am

solid idea. +1

Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 pm

+1
nice idear

Last edited by Krog on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2011 3:05 pm

+1 this is a brilliant idea

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:52 pm
Profile WWW

+1

It's not that we're afraid, far from it, it's just that we've got this thing about death... It's not us!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:47 pm

I like the idea and the thought of keeping a good portion of the master when you change would be fun. tho you should get full back if you go back to that profession.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am

I like RED, deal with it...

I love the Idea... a Sab could then remove three buildings insteadof only one...great idea :)

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

JimSwarens wrote:
I like RED, deal with it...

I love the Idea... a Sab could then remove three buildings insteadof only one...great idea :)

Sab's would be WWWAAAYYY over-powered. How about teired proffesions that give other bonuses.

Example:
Teir 1 Physicist: 30% extra sheilds
Teir 2: 40% extra sheilds (not stacking w/ teir 1)
Teir 3: 5% extra energy (more efficeint sheilds)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Bridge of my ship, preparing thousands of my tactical officers for the next battle
ODragon wrote:
Ideally, I would prefer to see the professions not linked to your race so throughout the game you could choose to master 1-2 of them, get a good knowledge of 2-3 of them and get basic proficiency in most/all of the rest of them. You could choose the order you did them in. This direction would probably require profession based missions, and maybe a special 'profession credit' that would be deducted every time you did one of those missions so you couldn't try to max 4 professions and get basic knowledge of none of the rest.

Everything is great but this is the best part that I love.

oh and having 2 profession is also nice.

Maybe if I can add certain professions can draw certain artifacts. which can be traded

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]