View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Science modules and research branch 

Currently, there are no ship modules that affect ship's RP output and there is no relevant technology branch. I understand this would be a big change, but we should consider that if the RP output is to be a sterling ship attribute (like energy for example) it would need research systems.

Cheers!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 am

I think the reason there isn't research modules is because research is finite. Ores can be sold for cash, artifacts used up for various reasons, but research hits a point and stops having a use until more techs are put in place. If research had a consumable aspect, then I could see putting in a module for it, such as adding research itself into the cost of installing a weapon, or using research points as part of a quest attribute etc.

Not saying they won't add a module, just saying that I can see why they haven't yet.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:52 am

Technically there *is*, but not in the way you are describing. Your research in "Planetary Construction" unlocks more powerful research structures, which in turn will generate more research.

And yes, there *is* an end to the tree - but I will make sure it takes a very very long time. :)

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:25 am

Plus uncovering an item is one thing. Actually having the cash and minerals to use it is another. I researched the wideband scanner mark 3 and its like 100k+ with a bunch of Hydium as the cost and since I just bought a planet im totally broke. So its kinda a balancing act.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Tell me about it, lol...

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]