View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Outpost Planets 

Let me start off by saying, that even converted to an outpost planet, they can be attacked and taken over.

Outpost Planet

I have a lot of planets in my list that I would probably never use, and I share many of them with my Legion, but what if I was able to convert it into a hub or an outpost that all of my Legion could use. As an outpost it would contain its own separate set of buildings that could be added or built on it by anyone in the Legion.

Couple of things about this, I am not sure how to set the owner.
My thought was this: The person that sets up the planet as an outpost would be the 'leader' of the outpost(there is a price for setting it up). Meaning only he can share it with his legion, no one else would be able to share the location, unless it was hacked from them. So you will want to use the artifact to see who else has scanned the planet before making it an outpost, because if an enemy does find it, they can access all the buildings, or attack the planet. Then convince your legion to build the cloaking satellites first.

Examples of Buildings:

Cloaking Satellites: This building makes it hard to find this planet by a random scan, the higher the tier of this building, the lower the % of finding it. At top tier, lets say there is a 0.5% chance that a random scan would locate this planet. The cost of this building will start relatively low, and then jump in cost fairly fast.

Legion Warehouse: Lets say you have some artifacts or ship modules, that you are willing just to give away. You store them here and if some one in the legion can use it, they can take it. (Maybe even have admin settings for whoever converted the planet, probably not necessary though)

Bank / Investing: Now this is kind of like gambling, and the idea is pretty basic. You keep track on a daily (or Hourly) basis (at which point it resets) and a person invests into the minerals. Now what determines whether they gain or lose money is dependent on how much of that mineral was sold and bought. I will use Dynite (DYN) for my example. People harvest their resources and sell DYN, creating a surplus, but then people are buying DYN for their ship modules and eliminating the surplus and creating a demand. Your return on your investment would be based on whether the demand was higher then the surplus. This is the most basic way to do it, I'm sure there are others. So lets say you invest 100 cred and get 10 shares into DYN and 1k DYN was sold, and only 500 DYN was bought. Then you would lose 0.5 of your investment, as the demand just wasn't there. However you still own 5 shares. So lets say the next hour 1k was sold, 2k was bought, your shares just doubled. This is pretty basic and is just a simple way to use this thing, but could be done in 100s of different ways.

Mineral/Artifact/Research Depots: Now the idea of this was only really thought out for the Minerals, the idea being a person could place their minerals in the depot and Legion Members could buy from other Legion members at half the cost it would take to buy it at the normal market. Artifacts could be put on sale here for either credits, or Minerals. Basically they set the price, now we could just give these away to our Legion people, so I don't think it can be exploited, but maybe. Research could be abused, and I really don't have an effective way to trade it. The only thing I can think of is adding research as a form of trade for artifacts, but cap it at like 50 max.

Ship Depot/Shield Repair: Ok, this building could do a couple of things. 1) It could allow regen for hull and faster regen for shields IF they are guarding the planet. As soon as they stop guarding it, these bonuses disappear. 2) Just have a reduced Hull repair cost, and faster regen for shields, as long as they are guarding the planet. Lets say only 5 ships can guard it at one time.

Building Costs will be EXPENSIVE: Essentially the way it would work is that each of these buildings are present as soon as its turned into an outpost, and Legion Members all donate materials needed (Money, minerals, even research points.) When the building is created, tier 2 opens up with even more money, minerals, and research needed.

Tiers: Lets say Ship Depot for example, at tier 1, shield regen is reduced by 5 seconds, tier 2 by 10 etc. Ore depots allow for more ore to be stored there. Investing allows you to invest in higher tier Minerals etc.

An example of costs:
Tier 1 Cost: 200k Credits, 25k Dynite, 5k Chrysium, 12k Research.
Tier 2 Cost: 750k Credits, 30k Dynite, 15k Crysium, 5k Darrinyte, 30k Research

You get the idea. I hope haha.

-Mox

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 am

The dev has also said that the galaxy grows depending on the number of players currently playing. Im sure some of these "tiny" planets will never get used and thuse there will probably be leftover planets.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]