View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Powerful (High Level) Ship vs Weak (Low Level) Ship 

I can tell that lot of high level ship (HLS) can disable low level ship (LLS) easily. So my idea is when HLS is trying to attack LLS, LLS will have high chance to escape from attack because LLS will have higher speed than HLS. If LLS is trying to attack HLS, LLS will not escape but will get damaged. So for example, lvl 45 against lvl 22, 45-22 = 23% chance to ecsape or 45-22 = 23 x 2 = 46% or whatever is best for system. :)

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 pm

pray tell what happens if a LLS has a much stronger ship then a HLS? (yes this happens, alot actually)

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Yeah, bigger ships should move slow means easier to get hit than smaller ships but bigger ships just should be able to sustain more damage (higher hull and shield due to bigger deck size as trade off). But once bigger ship manages to hit small ship then it's gone usually heh. Just a luck of evasion..

I actually thought of Dan's description on defense definition stating that defense stat determines hit ratio.. But I never saw any misses when I fought anyone so that made me wonder about the defense stat.. Maybe break defense into two stats: Damage mitigation and evasion stat. Evasion for smaller ship should have bigger bonus than bigger ships.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Yeah, bigger ships should move slow means easier to get hit than smaller ships but bigger ships just should be able to sustain more damage (higher hull and shield due to bigger deck size as trade off). But once bigger ship manages to hit small ship then it's gone usually heh. Just a luck of evasion..

I actually thought of Dan's description on defense definition stating that defense stat determines hit ratio.. But I never saw any misses when I fought anyone so that made me wonder about the defense stat.. Maybe break defense into two stats: Damage mitigation and evasion stat. Evasion for smaller ship should have bigger bonus than bigger ships.

I think your forgetting that "space" is a stat that is incredibly closely tied to PVE as well as PVP and it will go up as you rank up.

And as always, if you want to beat the bigger guys be persistent, nothing more too it.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:20 am

this would work if it was only for the battle list. HLS has the right to attack a LLS if he is on a log for doing something. it has to be by ship strength or strong LLS will have a huge advantage.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:47 am

hunter wrote:
this would work if it was only for the battle list. HLS has the right to attack a LLS if he is on a log for doing something. it has to be by ship strength or strong LLS will have a huge advantage.

another reason why iv been advocating that that be implemented.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 am

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:

Defense does represents evasion, but it should be assumed that when you get a cannon (for attack) you are actually equiping entire cannon bateries, probably 10X the number of deck spaces (that also explains why they always get bigger while still getting more eficient).

So, a defender is not doging the one random fire, they are doging 20 of the 75 blasts, so it does contribute to defense as it has been.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]