View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 {base} Collective Theory Lab BP idea's 

Whats up with your avatar Mojo? just seems funny since you post so much.

Im not sure if anyone suggested any, but i think we can agree the #1 offender is spy probes, maybe some scan buff or an artifact that is installed that reveals the true attack and one for def. make it to a +- 10 % accuracy.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Location: Bridge of my ship, preparing thousands of my tactical officers for the next battle
[quote="Im not sure if anyone suggested any, but i think we can agree the #1 offender is spy probes, maybe some scan buff or an artifact that is installed that reveals the true attack and one for def. make it to a +- 10 % accuracy.[/quote]

oh this one i like.. hehe

Wed May 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Here's an idea for those active players that have to be away from a computer for longer than normal. Many of us have been required to take long trips, but still want to remain active. I propose an artifact that cashes in all production once ALL THREE productions reach capacity. So even while using this, you will still not be getting 100% of your production in all areas (unless your production is perfectly timed to max out at a certain hour). This artifact would be activated by a player, and once their production levels all maxed out, the next hour the system would cash in all three (with research going to the last tier contributed to - if this cashing in completed it, the remaining research would not be spent).
The player would be responsible for ensuring they had enough cargo space to use. Otherwise the artifact wouldn't work (or would only partially work).
The cost could be significant enough so that players couldn't afford to use it except in the case of extenuating circumstances, not just everyday operations.

My first idea for cost was 10 Planetary Time Manipulators, 10 Terrasect Containers, 5 Mass Storage Pods, and maybe a few million credits.

Wed May 11, 2011 4:58 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
Whats up with your avatar Mojo? just seems funny since you post so much.

Im not sure if anyone suggested any, but i think we can agree the #1 offender is spy probes, maybe some scan buff or an artifact that is installed that reveals the true attack and one for def. make it to a +- 10 % accuracy.

lol sorry thought it was just something with my comp. There you go I fixed it.

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Wed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

Vile Intruder
Sabotages the systems of a non-player enemy, making it lose 1% hull or shield per 10 minutes.
Lasts for 2 hours. stackable.
5 Drannik Saboteurs, 10 Engineered Viruses, 10 Dysillons, 50 energy
(Good for players who are not powerful enough against some elite NPCs)

Planetary Time Manipulator
Advances a colony's development beyond 'peaked' for 1 day.
(120% production bonus instead of 100%)
Can be used on peaked colonies only.
5 Time Manipulators, 10 Planetary Time Vortices, 20 energy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not serious suggestions:

Infernal Gate
Transforms a demon world into an infernal world for eternity. Send in some prisoners to become your overlords and slave laborers. Increase all planet resources by 10. Limit - 1 per player.
100 Rescued Prisoners, 100 Containment Cages, 100 ancient crystal foci, 10000 pawlacite

Tropical World
A vacation ticket to a tropical world for two! Transforms a oceanic planet to a vacation world for 1 day. Increase all planet resources by 10 for 1 day only.
Limit - once per year, humans only.
10 political favors, 1M credits

Spin the Galaxy Wheel of Death
You can only imagine! (accessible through the 'use an ability' button')
Limit - once a day for 1M credits

Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 am

Datatech07305 wrote:
Vile Intruder
Planetary Time Manipulator
Advances a colony's development beyond 'peaked' for 1 day.
(120% production bonus instead of 100%)
Can be used on peaked colonies only.
5 Time Manipulators, 10 Planetary Time Vortices, 20 energy

I like this one. :D

Ship size: Colossal Galaxy Destroyer,
Because just destroying your star wasn't enough.

Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 pm
Profile WWW

Heavy Dominion Cannon (Limit 4 dominions per ship (includes standard dominion)) Can only be built on a Heavy Battleship or higher
Requires:
20 dominion cannons.

32 Space
280 attack

'Upgraded version of the dominion cannon, heavy weight means that it can only be installed on the biggest of Battleships.'

Titanic Dominion Cannon (Limit 1 per ship, can only be built on a 'Titan' or bigger ship)
Requires:
10 Heavy Dominion Cannons.

50 space
400 attack

'A unique weapon, capable of destroying the biggest of enemies. Thought to have been created by the Drannik, and to have been the weapon that finished them off, however, other legends are often spoken of, and no evidence can be found.'

Made this to make use of red badges, other than tech parts.

Thu May 12, 2011 4:58 pm
Profile WWW

RamScoop. Cost 500 Energy. Allows you to store 200-250 energy for later use.

Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Genesis Device: Creates a completely new planet at random. Guaranteed to be uninhabited. Not guaranteed to be anything else. (i.e. could be a tiny sparse Mining toxic or a Very Massive Ultra, Ultra, Mega X2 Exotic. 40 Planetary Time Vortex, 40 Nanite Swarm Capsules, 1 Terraforming Device, 250 Energy.

Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Planetary Cloner:
Duplicates a planet.
Requires: 100 cloning devices, 3 terraformers, 3 quasi spacial containers, 2m credits.
Only duplicates structures that you have the ability to build. (ie. not things like the hydro meliorator, phase cutters, warp gates, etc.)
Cannot be used on a Dyson or Exotic planet.
Cannot be used on a planet larger than 'Massive'
Resources capped at 5x Mega Rich.
Passive attack, defence, cloak kept.
Will spawn under your control.
Cannot be used unless you have a free planet space.
Planets cannot be cloned more than once.
Potential for clone overload (+2 size and resources, will still effect massive 5x mega rich [goes to colossal 7x megarich?] 5% chance.)
Rare potential for clone backfire (destroys the planet you are cloning. 1% chance)
Cannot be used on gas planets.

Sat May 14, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

Planetary Collapse: Rare Artifact

Collapses Gas Planet into a Star

Colossal becomes Super Giant Star. Very Massive becomes Blue Giant Star, Massive becomes Red Giant Star, Very Large becomes Yellow Dwarf (The Sun), Large becomes Red Dwarf Star, Average becomes a Green Dwarf Star, Small becomes a White Dwarf Star, Very Small becomes a Brown Dwarf Star, Tiny becomes a Neutron Star & Finally a Very Small becomes a Pulsar

Requires: 100 Energy Cube, 100 Tri-Matrix Emblems, 25 Terra-forming Device, 25M credits.

Planet Output Chart:
Super Giant – 50x Mega Rich (would be very rare just to find a Colossal Gas)
Blue Giant – 20x Mega Rich
Red Giant – 10x Mega Rich
Yellow Dwarf – 8x Mega Rich
Red Dwarf – 6x Mega Rich
Green Dwarf – 5x Mega Rich
White Dwarf – 4x Mega Rich
Brown Dwarf – 3x Mega Rich
Neutron – 2x Mega Rich
Pulsar – 1x Mega Rich
Very Rare Potential for Binary Split (x2 Stars, Doubles Normal Research based on Star Size. i.e. Super Giant Binary 100x mega rich (50x mega rich on each Star)

Very Rare Potential for Super Nova/ Black Hole. Destroys Super Giant Star. Also Disables your ship for a Week.

Super Giant:

Blue Giant:

Red Giant:

Yellow Dwarf:

Red Dwarf:

Green Dwarf:

White Dwarf:

Brown Dwarf:

Neutron Star:

Pulsar:

Binary

Supernova:

Black-hole:

Sun May 15, 2011 12:03 pm

while i like the star idea, i think they are to powerful and i think they cost to much, if it was scaled down though they would be very appealing i think

Sun May 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Quote:
Requires: 100 Energy Cube, 100 Tri-Matrix Emblems, 25 Terra-forming Device, 25M credits.

Thats just not worth it, that is 200 energy refills, needs something else for the requirments
Quote:
Very Rare Potential for Super Nova/ Black Hole. Destroys Super Giant Star. Also Disables your ship for a Week.

this should not be included

other than that I like it

Sun May 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Ecumenical Expander
Creates an intense spacial distortion field around a
large or smaller planet, expanding its size by 1.
Expands the planet size by 2 if used on an ecumenopolis planet.
Requirements: 10 mass storage pods, 10 planetary time vortices, 100 energy

Ecumenical Elevator
[ Planet Structure - Size:1, Artifact:2 ]
If deployed on an ecumenopolis planet, the structure will provide 1 bonus artifact.
Requirements: 30 space elevators, 30 longetivity serums, 30 cloning pods, 50 energy

Ecumenical Archives
Increases all production capacity by 5.
5 tesseract containers, 5 warp gate chassis, 10 energy

Sun May 15, 2011 2:31 pm

I think a lot of the stuff period is too expensive right now. I think I most likely have what would be in the top 10 of artifact production levels and i can only get a few of the current things that are out. What chance do other people have?

For another reason...take for instance the new research structure we recently discovered DM79 Datacenter, it takes 25 alien data discs.....how long would it take you to recoup the amount of research you would have gotten from those discs from a structure that provides 2 research to a planet. The building seems like a complete waste due to it's creation requirements.

Sun May 15, 2011 6:36 pm

zophah wrote:
Any and all of my creations can work!
I have a full list of modules, two 4-part sagas, 3 more mission chains, and even 2 more NPC organizations on top of that.
Take your pick! :mrgreen:

I think almost all of zophah's stuff should be added their awesome :D

Champions of Time: Kronyn Builder : Rank 463

Sun May 15, 2011 6:39 pm

@
bobsmith wrote:
I think a lot of the stuff period is too expensive right now. I think I most likely have what would be in the top 10 of artifact production levels and i can only get a few of the current things that are out. What chance do other people have?

For another reason...take for instance the new research structure we recently discovered DM79 Datacenter, it takes 25 alien data discs.....how long would it take you to recoup the amount of research you would have gotten from those discs from a structure that provides 2 research to a planet. The building seems like a complete waste due to it's creation requirements.

Hmm, lets see... 25*700=17,500. Well, I make that much research in 4 hours. right now. Adding 50% to one my better planets gets me another 34.8 research/h. THat would be 503 hours or 21 days to hit the break even point. To a player who can easily get 25 data discs, I can't imagine that 35 extra research an hour really makes much of a difference. To a player who would really need this structure (a midd game player), the requirements are a bit steep.

Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 pm

235drew wrote:
Quote:

Thats just not worth it, that is 200 energy refills, needs something else for the requirments
Quote:

this should not be included

other than that I like it

The requirements could be scaled to star size. That could be the requirements for Super Giant Stars only. Only high ranking people would be able to even attempt at making that size. (Rank 500+) Besides the fact that you would have to be very high rank to find a colossal gas planet in the first place. The chance for it to go supernova would be even rarer. 1 out of ever 100 or so, And if it did go supernova it would take at least a week for you repair your ship. (If you even survived.) My reasoning behind this is finding a super giant star is a very rare event (only 2 have been found that I know of) And for you to find 2 super giant stars in a binary formation would be the rarest of them all (hence the doubling of 50x mega rich) 1 out of every 1000 times you manage to find a super giant star. The payoff would HAVE to be exponentially harder.

Mon May 16, 2011 1:45 am

This idea was floated before and I think now merits a relook, so here's my take on it.

Limited Spacial Expander

Uses one building extractor, one orbital mass disruptor, and ten grav whip traps 300 energy.

Not as powerful as the quasi spacial expander this unit can only improve a planet up to average size, after which it's limited functionality won't effect the planet any further.

We've all found that great planet that's megarich but tiny. This would make it worth at least looking at that planet. I chose things that drop from uncommon NPC's as this would put a small limiter on higher levels that can have massive APH counts but are still limited by how fast they can find and kill uncommons.

Mon May 16, 2011 3:53 am

Limited Spatial Expander +1. I'd like to see that as a uncommon NPC drop for players ranked 50-400. It's the kind of thing that newer and lower level players could use and it's far less abusable. It would help make those planets useful in longer term.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next