View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:03 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING! 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3677
Post Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
Right now Legion Base distributions come while the vast majority of players (from those I have talked to) are sleeping. And because of how they are distributed, many of the players who are contributing the most are getting nothing.

I'll give you the example for me:

I am at about 10k RP/hour. At my level, my max is 75,000. What is happening is as follows:
1) I go to sleep with 0 RP stored
2) 7 hours go by and I have 70k RP stored
3) I get my legion distribution of research (say 2k, so 72k stored)
4) 1 hour goes by, I am maxed out at 75,000 RP.

However, I would have been maxed out at 75,000 RP at 8 hours either way. So in the end, my distribution is being wasted and essentially, I am not getting it. In theory, if this were going to work the way it is implied it should, I should wake up with 77k research (75 from my cap + 2 from the distribution)

To combat this problem, I have one of two suggestions:
A) Allow the leaders to pick the time for distribution in the rules section. This would allow us to choose a time that is the best for the legion to get something from the distribution.
B) Don't automatically credit us for our distribution. Add a button to the news section (maybe under the daily reward) to collect the distribution.

I have this same issue with mineral distribution.

_________________
Image


Mon May 09, 2011 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:22 pm
Posts: 1760
Location: On the bridge of the Vikiera
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
This makes good sense.
I specifically like the idea of a button to get your share.
As an additional idea: if you don't take your share by the next production, it will be divided to everyone else (that is eligible).

_________________
Image
I have suggested 7 Races, 5 Organizations, 3 locations, 3 materials, and 20 planets.
View my profile interests for a full list.


Mon May 09, 2011 3:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 am
Posts: 4497
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
I disagree that it implied you would later go over your max, but I do think it would be nice to have a button like that.


Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3677
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
FerrusManus wrote:
I disagree that it implied you would later go over your max, but I do think it would be nice to have a button like that.

From the wiki: Base shipments will be made to members even if they have already reached their planet resource capacity.

I guess Option C (which might be easier to implement) would be to just increase our capacity by the amount that the base shipment should be. That would also work.

_________________
Image


Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:04 am
Posts: 641
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
yea button is a good idea and the timer for the next dump sense we don't want the time to wait and reset when you just collect.

_________________
Image


Mon May 09, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 am
Posts: 4497
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
ODragon wrote:
FerrusManus wrote:
I disagree that it implied you would later go over your max, but I do think it would be nice to have a button like that.

From the wiki: Base shipments will be made to members even if they have already reached their planet resource capacity.


Yes, I read that, but it doesn't imply that planetary shipments can go over your limit, it just says that even if you're at your limit you'll still get your Base shipment.


Mon May 09, 2011 4:28 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 pm
Posts: 1146
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
it is only saying if your maxed out then it will go over the max amount for base shipments. you just have to make sure you are ither maxed out before the shipment... or no were cloce to it when you are coming on agin. it never implied that it will increase your max, only that if you are maxed when it is given like the daily reward with rp you wont lose it.

_________________
as always Semper Fidelis
(CPL USMC)


Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 259
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
Yes, either have a button to collect or give it out with the daily reward. I max out my mineral points regularly, but had no extra this morning because it maxed out after the base reward was given.


Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 2081
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
A 'collect' option is possible. I assume the idea is for each member to collect separately?


Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3677
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
webguydan wrote:
A 'collect' option is possible. I assume the idea is for each member to collect separately?

That was my thought. This way everyone who contributes get something and doesn't lose out because of poor timing.

I would limit it to just what they deserve from the newest shipment so if they miss Friday and Saturday, they would just get Saturday. No reason they should get both.

_________________
Image


Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 259
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
I agree with ODragon.


Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 2081
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
I agree that it will be much more flexible to have each player claim their points at their own time. Let us work on a solution for that.


Mon May 09, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3677
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
webguydan wrote:
I agree that it will be much more flexible to have each player claim their points at their own time. Let us work on a solution for that.

::swoon::

_________________
Image


Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 302
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
For my two cents worth, I agree that allowing each person to collect their distribution with a button is a good idea.


Fri May 13, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:39 am
Posts: 1217
Post Re: Base Distribution Time and Getting NOTHING!
I agree with a collection button. Also, if the player hasn't collected by the time of the next distribution, they lose that. Basically works just like the daily reward and will keep them active.

_________________
Galactic Paladins - Recruiting Select Rank 300+
- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day


Sat May 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: