View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 My artifact ideas 

Though this is the suggestion forum I am making a thread for any artifact ideas (modules and building ones included). The first one is a reward for a mission chain I posted in the galaxy pub.

Ship Modules
Name: Exotic Energy-cell
Type: Energy-cell (Energy Tab) Max Energy-cells on ship 10
Size: 5 decks
Upkeep: 1,000 CR
Effect: 5 energy, 5 shields

Buildings
Name: Planetary Missile Satellite's
Size: 2
Effect: +30 def, +30 Invasion Def
(Note: This could be a low end Blueprint or a chassis type of artifact.)

Name: Artifact Storage and Defense Center
Size: 11
Effect: Can store 1 artifact on the planet, +40 Def

Name: Mineral Refinement Plant
Size: 9
Effect: The chances for rarer minerals increases by +1 ranl

Normal Artifacts
Name: Shadow Shard
Effect: Increases Cloaking Ability by +1 permanently

Name: Copper Disk
Effect: +500 CR

Name: Silver Disk
Effect: +2,000 CR

Name: Golden Disk
Effect: +10,000 CR
(Note: All such disk artifacts I would like to see if added only in the Artifact Trade, otherwise people could just buy there way to gear.)

Name: Planet De-stabilizer
Effect: Reduces the Resource level of all Resource's on the planet by one.
(Can be used on enemy planets, and should be twice if not much more rare then a Terra-forming Device.)

Any thoughts or ideas?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 pm

1. exotic energy cells is a good idea at that size.
2. the Missle Satelites look like a counter to a psionic device, and those are one-time-only modules. also with the small size of the satelites, that makes them cheeper than city shields. in other words, unbalanced.
3. the artifact storage building was already introduced in another thread of the suggestion forums as a use for bad planets.
4. mineral building: again already introduced in another suggestion forum thread.
5. the cloaker boost holds up against other artifacts of the same type, but fails at the comparison to rank points in decks (for cloaking modules).
6. disks: this won't work, as it acts as a way for high rank players to give large amounts of money to lower rank players, giving that low player an unfair advantage.
7. and yet again, the planet resource reducer was introduced in another suggestion thread (in fact, I was the one who posted it).

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 am

A few of these idea I have posted before, and not shocked that others posted ideas close to what I had. But no matter how we has player can put them it is up to Dan to say what is in and what is out.

Yes one building is equal to an item you get once, but so could the building. On some I gave a few ideas.

The disks = creds idea was prety random, but the idea that it could be fun, or sad in the high levels to get something less they they have income. Why I suggested no game market for them and kept the amount low. Though hoarding (get 100 gold disks saved and it adds up). Though many things already scrape4 for more then any of the disks I have posted.

Edit: The shadow shard does not add crew so it it week on purpose. I could see one for sensors being added as well. If you do not level for a long time and built these up they get over powered fast. I tried and built that in, failed I could see that but its its there.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]