View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 More Legion Announcements 

To me it just seems like one legion announcement isn't enough and I'd like to be able to have more than one posted at I time. My idea is that we could have 3-5 announcemets posted at anygiven time. The first one in the list could be a quick announcement that could be changed using the current /announce or /a command. The other 2 or 4 could be more long term announcements that could be changed independently of each other by leaders/officers in the legion tab.

I also liked Sinsa's idea of having a scroll down box for legion announcements on the news page for all member's to see.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3268&p=25256&hilit=legion+announcements#p25256

This way leaders and officers could have guidelines posted for their legions at all times.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:14 am

Yeah, that would be a good idea, and definitely useful. Most Legions have rules of conduct and stuff; I'm sure they'd like to be able to keep those posted for everyone to see and still make announcements that pertain to just a short time.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:02 am

I would like a ticker. A message that scrolls from right to left and then repeats, at the top of the screen, in yellow or something, for urgent updates or such.

As for the announcement, perhaps the announcement idea could be more efficient if it were a whole page. I remember in another game I played, in the Corporation screen, plenty of room was provided so things like legion rules, legion command structure, basic info, tips, requirements for being in the legion, whatever you want to tell your legionmates, etc. Including that this page would help make it easier to integrate recruits. Theres a learning curve to this game and this would help newcomers get all the secrets into their repertoire early. I know some new folks who dont even find the comm section down below for weeks. Allow it editable by the officers. The ticker, leader only.

~ D

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:57 am

+1 I'm resuscitating this post because this needs to be addressed quickly. There are legions that don't have forums or members forget to check them on a day to day basis and in that short amount of time things change, while the leaders still want to keep tips, rules, and announcements there is not enough room for all of it. The programming shouldn't be that difficult to add text boxes for the leaders and officers to leave more than one announcement.

Sat May 21, 2011 2:31 am

+1 I would Love more room or a more permanent one and a current events one

Sat May 21, 2011 2:54 am
Profile WWW

resurrection again..

random search yielded this thread..
sounds like a fantastic idea!!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:45 am

Teccy wrote:
resurrection again..

random search yielded this thread..
sounds like a fantastic idea!!

thank you, I want this to come out soon

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:03 am
Profile WWW

+1 Any kinda of box where legion rules could be added would be nice.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:41 am

+1. I thought of this for this idea:

This is the original Legion Announcement. This is set by any leader of a legion. Set by /announce or /a

This is the Leader Announcement. Only leaders of a legion can see this announcement. Can only be set by a leader with announcing ability. (Set by Founder of Legion. Can only have one leader with announcing ability) Set by /Lannouce

This is the Officer Announcement. Only Officers can see this announcement. Can only be set by an Officer with announcing ability. (Set by any leader of a legion. Can only have one officer with announcing ability) Set by /Oannounce

This is the Member Announcement. Only Members of a legion can see this announcement. Can only be set by a Member with announcing ability. (Set by any leader of a legion. Can only have one member with announcing ability) Set by /Mannounce

-----
Current Goal:
Reach rank 1800
Current Milestones:
10th Year Anniversary of playing GL (Started November 2010)
5 Million+ Population on a planet (Biologist 30% included)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]