View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ancient UnTouchables 

Looking for a Legion where you can take your time as you learn and grow? We are a tight crew who will protect you and train you in the hidden arts. Go to our facebook page to apply- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=155916707766634

Strategy:
Stealth & Defense

Motto:
You can't hit what you can't see.
You can't kill what you can't beat.

To join, you must have and maintain less than 2 deaths every 10 levels. Failure means banishment.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:32 am

Greetings and congratulations! I come in peace...

I seem to have been in lockstep with you on the formation of a new Legion (Loc Nar Seekers).

Best of luck in your own recruitment efforts and on shaping the game through the teachings of your Legion!

We are both fans of the game. You are cogent in your strategy and appear sane. We are both forming new Legions at roughly about the same point in time. We will both experience challenges to our recruitment efforts until our Legions reach 49 members.

With that much in common would you agree that we could potentially learn from one another’s journey?

While your Legion will represent a purpose I cannot fully support or endorse, I deeply respect that purpose and strategy and must be able to teach new players how to better address your tactics.

My Legion will apparently only serve to provide yours with a few opponents of better value in the game during its history, but I think we can both appreciate the purpose of the game being to bring us together in a peaceful simulation of battle strategy.

While our purposes share clearly polarized viewpoints, I am instead moved to ask you to consider endorsing a point/counterpoint format to our ongoing Forum contributions.

Now that you have stated and made other players aware of the intentions of your Legion teachings, I might keep up with and reply to some of your future posts if there is another side of the coin to be considered on a strategy which you felt worth mentioning yourself.

An ethical request for sanity or some other benign rejoinder - of course I still defer to the original assertion made by your post being valid; albeit with another tactic to consider and all to benefit from. We simply both need topics to discuss to further our teachings.

Should that happen please remember always that I greeted you with respect and am actually extremely interested in better understanding your viewpoint as it relates to Cloaking and Hacking your way to the top with an offensive PvP stance and mandatory kills to join a Legion.

Our own Legion focus will be on solid ship, colony and resource foundations to avoid early mistakes, NPC combat over PvP aggression, Ship Class/Size/Rank Battle Ethics and growing the user base by helping not harming new players.

This is not a request to be an affiliate Legion; if anything it is a request to mirror your Legion teachings with a hopefully counterbalancing influence having no misunderstandings between us as simply being fans and players with differing viewpoints who agree to disagree from day one.

If you are uninterested in sharing this concept or despise my chosen role in the game and are instead warming up your weapons I will see that I failed in my goal of establishing a philosophical exchange of ideas with you and your Legion. Any replies to your future posts should then be considered respectful coincidence without my originally stated objective.

Best of luck to you and please continue posting about Cloak strategy!

I fully admit vulnerability having allocated resources everywhere else and I could only benefit from your explanation of the Legion focus!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 am

Warm salutations in return,

You said several items there and I regret I don't have the time to fully explore them with you right now. However, I me mention a few things.

1. I accept your offer of continued dialogue and debate. It will sharpen both of us and the readers as we explore/ defend our ideas.

2. Thank you for the sane manner of conversation you offer as well.

3. Perhaps I am blind and missed the link, but I didn't see a place where I can review more of your core principles. If my intention is defense are you saying your group is attack? That is not a diss, just asking for clarity.

4. We hold as a very high value the LACK of being disabled. Seems like every PvP group measures its self by kills. It is true for so many of these games (Castle Age, Mafia Wars, etc). Even the leaderboard on here is structured this way. We offer the counter balance. We demand a low death rate. We determine effectiveness by how much you survive. If you have more than 2 deaths for every 10 ranks, we enforce banishment! Harsh I know, but this is what we believe. And yes, you can reapply when the ratio corrects itself. We hope this will discipline our legion to be very strategic in all fights.

Oh, and Dan, we would LOVE to see a leaderboard that takes into account NOT being disabled. It is a worthy goal to play for and achieve. I know this isn't the suggestion section, but still. What if there were combat titles like "Impregnable, Impenetrable, Impervious, etc?" You are awarded the new title based on ranks. (example- if u have say 5 or few deaths through 50 lvls you are Impregnable. If you have 10 or fewer through 100 lvls you are Impervious, etc)

But I digress.

Glad to have a worthy player with which to share ideas. Good luck with your recruiting too.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:27 pm

We train and support new players!

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 pm

I endorse this legion, its very active and full of fun and interesting people that will go out of their way to help you in a time of need. I'm a rank 72 and I've been with AU for around a month now and it's been great, I'd suggest anybody looking for a good fun legion join Ancient Untouchables.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I am Joshkava- and I approve this message....

Ancient Untouchables is a GREAT Legion, Group page has a abundant amount of info to aid in how to build, how to fight and the crew is all active and always down to help in all ways and always keep it fun!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am

A simple question.

Assuming we all hit each and every Anicent Untouchable member and bump their death count to beyond 2 per 10 ranks, does that mean the whole legion will be disbanded? Or be kicked out of the legion because a much higher ranked player (rank 150) decides to be a bully and repeatedly kill a low level Untouchable legion member (rank 100 or so)?

I believe a better and more reasonable restriction could be to maintain a 20 : 1 kill : death ratio. So if someone has 1,000 kills, they can have up to 50 deaths or less to stay in the legion?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:45 am

You are correct. The idea was conceived to help deal with discipline. We have waaaaaay fewer people going off starting fights they can't finish. However, to be honest, we have adjusted that stance already. It was fun for a while, but we did realize that many good active players couldn't meet that goal. I bet half the people in the top 8 legions are over that limit....lol. So, we have moderated that position already.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:11 am

For the record, here is my ship... so people can see I practice what I preach:

Rank 56 Sillixx Explorer
Ancient Untouchables (22)
Combat Reputation: Insane - Damn Straight!

Battles 3646 (Veteran)
Player Kills 384
Deaths from Players 6
Non-Player Kills 44
Planets Found 7
Planets Occupied 14
Planets Captured 10
Missions Completed 85
Scans Performed 12
Successful Hacks 1919- #2 on leaderboard
Successful Raids 66

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 am

We've laxed some of our rules so as to not scare potential recruits away. I myself am way over the 2 kill limit per 10 ranks.

Rank 75 Inergon Physicist
Ancient Untouchables (29)
Combat Reputation: Savage

Battles 3282 (Veteran)
Player Kills 234
Deaths from Players 57
Non-Player Kills 36
Planets Found 57
Planets Occupied 19
Planets Captured 8
Missions Completed 184
Scans Performed 85
Successful Hacks 67
Successful Raids 81

Last edited by Steph242 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:34 am
Profile YIM WWW

Ancient Untouchables is a well structured and guided Legion.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:23 am

rank 110 konqul raider
project anarchy (45)
combat reputation savage
7966 (Champion)
Player Kills 286
Deaths from Players 109
Non-Player Kills 371
Planets Found 148
Planets Occupied 28
Planets Captured 9
Missions Completed 246
Scans Performed 298
Successful Hacks 226
Successful Raids 48

Last edited by sgtlynch on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:49 am

that's cool i'm from legion of the earth
Battles 2450 (Veteran)
Player Kills 52-- most of them out ranked me by at lest 10% to 20% my rank
Deaths from Players 21
Non-Player Kills 104
Planets Found 141
Planets Occupied 24
Planets Captured 4
Missions Completed 278
Scans Performed 472
Successful Hacks 25
Successful Raids 18 I'm rank 92 if any of you are up at that rank come fined me i would love to have some friendly compilation just a me vs you no legions raid hack and disable all you like but I'm not big on planet stealing. if you are interested in a "dual" u can call it let me no with a disable and i will respond in kind. :mrgreen:

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:56 am

SoulPlay2 wrote:
that's cool i'm from legion of the earth
Battles 2450 (Veteran)
Player Kills 52-- most of them out ranked me by at lest 10% to 20% my rank
Deaths from Players 21
Non-Player Kills 104
Planets Found 141
Planets Occupied 24
Planets Captured 4
Missions Completed 278
Scans Performed 472
Successful Hacks 25
Successful Raids 18 I'm rank 92 if any of you are up at that rank come fined me i would love to have some friendly compilation just a me vs you no legions raid hack and disable all you like but I'm not big on planet stealing. if you are interested in a "dual" u can call it let me no with a disable and i will respond in kind. :mrgreen:

Friendly 'compliation'? Competition?

Let me 'no' with a disable? Do you want them to disable you or not? If you want them to get a message to you, it would be 'let me know'

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:15 pm

paulfrick wrote:
Friendly 'compliation'? Competition?

Let me 'no' with a disable? Do you want them to disable you or not? If you want them to get a message to you, it would be 'let me know'

yeah.... soulplay's not real good with spelling....

or grammar....

or punctuation...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

ill Fight you soulplay.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:00 pm

my bad on the spelling any one who is up for a friendly brawl where you can let losses with out having to worry about a legion alert and 15 players jumping up when you are a way let me no I'm game and all i ask is no planet stealing and no bringing your friends to bale you out i will stop attacking if you ask with the exception of you disable me one time then be for i can get you if you ask i will say no with me minimum fight time is one day. o and from the guns and roses legion vekno got first dibs.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:30 pm

The next time you post in my legions thread please use proper spelling so you don't sound stupid.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Steph242 wrote:
The next time you post in my legions thread please use proper spelling so you don't sound stupid.

And punctuation...

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

The punctuation doesn't bother me as much, spelling irritates the hell out of me.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next