View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 We Don't Exist: Now with a Level 7 Base! 

"Captain! We are exiting charted space!" The crewman manning the charts looks up at his fearless leader as the map scrolls into blank area, replaced by a sensor sweep, giving blips from the sensors as a new object passes by.

"Good. This is known to be We Don't Exist territory. It's time to find out what these guys are made of." The captain leans back in his chair and watches the viewscreen as yet unknown planets scroll by, mostly small to average size. Planets that would be known later as Saurtner, Iodstor and Pirpaskird fly by nearly unnoticed. A couple of them, although very small like Nolwulfcyth, shine in exotic light and show their abundance of resources. Others are darn near impenetrable, like Rasch as it flies by on the left. It's quite obvious that there's an invincible field around it, and very daunting.

Then come the ships. Various races and professions by their insignias marked on the bows, some are more visible than others. A few are nearly impossible to see, while others, such as one owned by a Genetarr captain named Rarek, are almost fully in view as he approaches their vessel. A ship of the Massive Star Destroyer Class, it isn't the largest ship by decks viewable in the fleet, but it's certainly one of them. A few other larger ships become apparent in the distance.

"Arm the weapons, we don't know what their intent is." He notices some of the other ship captain names and marks them down in the ship's log for future reference. Kengona, Rahvin and Comaface were only a few. As Rarek's ship gets closer, he prepares for the worst, as a face pops up on the viewscreen. A Genetarr, whom he could only assume would be Rarek himself.

He speaks first. "Are you a friend or foe? What is your purpose here?"

The captain straightens in his chair. "We are simply here on a recon mission. We are alone, we belong to no one. This end of the galaxy has yet to be charted and we wanted to be one of the first. We were hoping to one day join a legion with a strong reputation and helpful ships."

Rarek smiles. "Well then you've come to the right place. Welcome to We Don't Exist, where we take down bases by the handful every day, and the bosses and elites seem like grinds under our boots. You're welcome to stay with us if you'll follow me."

Intrigued, the smaller ship follows the Star Destroyer to the base. A collective gasp goes up as they see the immense defenses built it. Very heavy turrets sprout from every which way, and a few modified docking ports are visible on the outside. Another angle shows a Collective Theory Lab, proudly displaying symbols representing the various designs that were discovered by their greatest minds in the legion.

Rarek chuckles. "That CT Lab is chock full of goodies. We're working on a new ship ally we like to call Anubix at the moment, but it's still in the developing stages. Everything else seems to have been discovered at the moment, we've run dry of other ideas." It's quite obvious that a lot of work went into this base. One of the crew bet it was a level 7, but it was later discovered that it was in fact a very strong level 6, nearly impenetrable to the average legion of young sprites.

As the ship shuts down its engines, the rest of the legion returns. They notice that quite a few of them were Zolazin, showing off their sleek ships. A number of others are Kronyn, some are Konqul, and others Aerlen, quite a few of them showing the marks of Fixers. There is even a Litheor among the crowd, a new arrival to the galaxy that is still rarely seen. It is no wonder people had so much trouble with them.

Three other faces appear on the viewscreen next to Rarek's, introducing themselves as Comaface, Kengona, and Rahvin. All of them smile at the new crew and simultaneously respond, "Welcome to WDE."

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Interesting...

Could use more color?

Anyways, thsese guys till has my seal of approval. Though, it's really hard to lose that seal

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:17 am
Profile WWW

After a bit of comings and goings, we now have room for 2 quality ships. You never know, it might be you in Rareks next story!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Comaface's massive starship guides the new recruit along into one of the docking bays in the base. The bay doors open and it slips into the gaping chasm beyond.

As the landing struts hiss, the pneumatics softening the landing, the captain walks out to be greeted by D3m0n5h4d0w, one of the more eccentric legion members. As he'd later find out however, he happened to be one of the greatest killers the galaxy has ever known, one that holds a title only a handful of others have the privilege of owning.

21212 is next, another fine killer of the non-existence fleet, with a slight advantage on his kills record than the great D3m0n. He welcomes the new recruit with a hardy shake of the hand.

And then comes the leader Rahvin, who although does not have as large a reputation for murder as the others, is still one of the top murderers in the galaxy. Not to mention his stellar record as a leader since the last succession. He looks over the captain and gives an approving nod.

"Yes, you'll fit nicely here. I look forward to seeing what you can do."

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:48 am

Eccentric?? My ship might have to go smashy smashy on Rarek... just cause I like killing... :twisted:
But do join us! We have a nice mix of playstyles to fit any strong, active ship.

#20ish on stat farmers leaderboard
#10ish raids board
#20ish hacks board. Hacking sucks.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:23 pm

But. But. But you're full!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

We have a few traders here for a couple more days, so we're only temporarily full! We'll have room for your visit when you're ready S.S.C!

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Well the dust from the Holiday Elites has settled, and it looks like we lost a member? Looks like this might be the perfect time for you to start the new year fresh! Fully stocked level 6 base, around the clock base battles, almost anything you ask for someone can help you with, what more could you ask for? Apply today!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:01 am

We currently have 2 spots open, get them before they cease to exist

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 am

Correction to the above, we had a planet trader leave, so we are in fact looking to fill three spots.

WDE is on the verge of cracking the top 20 on the strength board for the first time; join today and become part of our continued rise!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 am

bumpidy. 4 Spots open :), and a few more once trades are completed.

Based off of recent research, it is shown that the non-existent have a 99999999999% boost to production than the existent because of anti-matter and dark-energy interactions with planets. Recent surveys also show that those who have become non-existent are very pleased with their newly-found ability to manipulate and harness dark-energy and anti-matter in ways that were impossible before.

However, being non-existent, the researchers are dumbfounded at how they managed to obtain research--- they heard it, but were unable to locate the source, and claimed the source to be "a supernatural entity."

All jokes aside, come join us, existence is over rated :D!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 am

come join us, we drink donkey semen for laughs

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I figured I'd join in the madness that this thread seems to be... but the madness is a good thing! I went over to WDE for a day to make a planet trade, and ended up staying for over a week. Everyone there is great, and really supportive of any play style (although I went mad over the NPC choices). In a week, I managed to grab a lock on five hives, 3 XRPs (although I didn't get to play with their Warp Dongs - don't ask), five Korteths, and countless Lazuli refineries and fab plants. And for a rank 200ish, that was brilliant!

I highly recommend these guys, although not too highly - there needs to be some space for me to come back again! I want to see those Dongs!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:15 pm

needs to be updated

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks for the kind words, Marvin. We hope to see you back soon!

tim.couzens1 wrote:
come join us, we drink donkey semen for laughs

Disclaimer: Tim's unique hobbies and dietary choices do not in any way reflect those of WDE as a whole, but we don't judge him harshly for his eccentric habits.
Lockhart wrote:
needs to be updated

Thanks for the tip, but how about you concern yourself with your own legion, and I will continue to update the stats roughly once a week, rather than every time there is a change in the constantly fluctuating rankings.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 am

THEM FIGHT'N WORDS

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

comaface wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, Marvin. We hope to see you back soon!

I sure plan on it. Maybe if I can make it in to the next installment of the story, that may make me hurry back... ;)

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm

After some recent inactivity problems, we're now short a few ships. We're looking for a few more good members, those that enjoy playing the game as well as taking pride in their Legion and ship. If you feel like your current Legion isn't helping you maintain constant growth, maybe it's time for a change? Come check us out!

Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 pm

The recruit and his crew set out for combat training, being slotted with some of the legion's biggest ships. As they head out into the training grounds, they're astonished by some of the ships they see.

The most decorated ships in the fleet were out here, rank badges adorning their hulls proudly, showing off their high stature. Not only that, but they were enormous, nearly all of them Colossal Galaxy Destroyer class.

GamTester was first in the rear line of ships, sporting some of the heaviest guns in the fleet. Comaface was next, showing off his impenetrable hull. Noirpa then, slightly smaller, but with just as heavy an attitude. Kengona stands next, the oldest and one of the most experienced in the fleet, followed by Timaaay with another long standing record. Finally there's Pifester, the highest ranked in the group.

The ships floating next to the recruit include Cytaric, Hawkerbar, Kalthusias and Ralla, all facing the massive ships. A comm comes through the ship, which was identified as Kalthusias calling. He gets put up on the viewscreen, giving a nod.

"You ever faced the big guns before? It's good practice. If you can handle them, you'll be ready for anything."

The comm cuts out and the training begins.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Looking for a few more ships to fill the last few spots

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next