View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Special Covert Intelligence Operations Nexus 

For far too long, we have prowled in the shadows. Watching. Waiting. Observing.

The time has come to step into the light and sweep across the galaxy with audacity and guile and reclaim our place among the upper echelon of Galaxy Legion. All ships, over the minimum rank of our lowest ranking member are welcome in SCION.

It is our belief here in SCION that we are only as strong as our weakest ship so when the lowliest of us grows stronger, so does the legion. Resource production, NPC farming and planet acquisition are always our goals and exceptions can be made to lower ranking ships that want to join the legion so long as they meet certain criteria upon joining. Namely, ships that are Fixers, Physicist, or Sabs or whose races are Vygoid, Zolazin or Lazuli take precedence and will be admitted regardless of rank.

Lastly, combat reputation, while not an important criteria in other legions, is very important in SCION as it pertains to advancement in our ranks. By constantly proving ourselves in the PvP arena, we strengthen not only our ships' strengths but also improve upon our combat tactics and discover our individual weaknesses so as to purge these imperfections and create a well-rounded vessel.

Please note that we are a cohesive unit and much will be asked of you in your tenure in SCION as well as credit contribution to the base. Furthermore, we are, first and foremost, an intelligence gathering legion. Knowledge is power and secrets are the coin of the realm. We have eyes and ears everywhere but you too must provide intelligence to the legion at all times.

Shadowreach, our level 7 base, is heavy on artifact production that is divided equally except on the rare occasion of holidays where the top contributors are rewarded with a day's worth of percentage points. It also houses CT-Lab with 18 discoveries.

Make no mistake. We are NOT the good guys nor have we ever claimed to be. We exist only to advance ourselves through espionage, combat and conquest and we have made our fair share of enemies along the way. SCION is not for the faint of heart. However, if it is a challenge you seek; if the the doldrums of Galaxy Legion have made you restless for adventure and galactic conquest is your heart's desire then seek no further than this legion. A legion that grows stronger with you and any whom follow you. This is your home. Take your place here in the Special Covert Intelligence Operations Nexus and prove your worth. Remember:

"ONE DOES NOT JOIN SCION, THEY ARE CHOSEN."

*This thread will serve not just as our recruiting page but also as our base of operations in the GL forums. Legion activities as well as planet conquests and officer promotions will be posted on this thread from time to time. If you have any questions about our legions or wish to do business with us in the future, leave a comment or subscribe/bookmark this thread.*

Last edited by RavenDark13 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:28 am
Profile YIM

Location: In this Tardis disguised as an Aerlen Dreadnaught, Wandering through time and space.
Just curious as to why your sitting at 38 people in your main legion and 22 in your sub legion? Shouldnt you boost your main legion? I don't mean to berate your leadership, simply wondering.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 am

Torlin wrote:
Just curious as to why your sitting at 38 people in your main legion and 22 in your sub legion? Shouldnt you boost your main legion? I don't mean to berate your leadership, simply wondering.

No insult taken. It's a legitimate question. The answer, of course, is choice. Younger members as well as new recruits need leadership and guidance. Hence the reason the higher ranking ships of SCION HC aren't summoned to SCION Prime to swell our ranks. They are carrying out their orders in not only training the lesser ranked ships but also protecting them from would-be predators who only pray on weaker ships. While they are welcome to join the main group at any time, they remain their by choice to carry out our training and recruiting initiative.

Furthermore, since combat reputation is important for advancement, SCION HC serves as a proving ground for ships looking to "cut their teeth" before joining the main legion. That isn't to say we don't have ships with less than stellar combat reps in the main legion but they are here for other purposes, missions, etc.

We are a legion of patience, Mr. Torlin. When the time is right and the ships are ready, they will be reassigned. There's no reason to bring over ships to fill up the legion but can't see elite NPC/Bosses, can't contribute to the base or are still working on research.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 am
Profile YIM

I think what he was getting at Raven is 38+22=60. Having everyone in one legion has the advantages of better base production, better defense boost for planets, more support with shared NPCs, more support with PvP issues, greater number of experienced people to shepherd the low ranks, etc... Not being critical of style either, btw.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 am
Profile WWW

Location: In this Tardis disguised as an Aerlen Dreadnaught, Wandering through time and space.
Ya but i understand where he is coming from, setting a standard of excellence for the main legion is more important than sheer numbers, once you prove yourself you go on up, makes sense, although to me both options are equally viable. But either way, thank you sir for the prompt explanation, Happy Hunting

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
I think what he was getting at Raven is 38+22=60. Having everyone in one legion has the advantages of better base production, better defense boost for planets, more support with shared NPCs, more support with PvP issues, greater number of experienced people to shepherd the low ranks, etc... Not being critical of style either, btw.

You make a valid point. One legion with everyone in it would be better in some instances but having it split this way works for us. Advancing a ship that isn't ready for the work we put in would be like letting a rank 95 ship join The Unknown. Sure, he contributes his 2% but what else are you going to expect from that ship? Can it help with an XRP or even see it or another boss of similar power and proportion? How much energy will it waste trying to assist in a planet conquest? Sure, you can take that ship in and train it to become what you expect of it but that takes attention away from time sensitive missions, base raids and planet invasions.
Our main legion works on Artifact production. The secondary specializes in Research production. (I forgot to mention that in my introduction. I'll make sure to edit that.) The lower ranking ships complete their research tiers quickly while fighting PvP and NPCs of their level thus preparing them for what lies ahead in the SCION Prime. Like I said, it works for us.

Quote:
Ya but i understand where he is coming from, setting a standard of excellence for the main legion is more important than sheer numbers, once you prove yourself you go on up, makes sense, although to me both options are equally viable. But either way, thank you sir for the prompt explanation, Happy Hunting

You are very welcome. I'm glad you understand. Quality over quantity, I always say.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile YIM

To all who shall see these presents, greeting:
Know Ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities of Virus, I do hereby appoint this member MERITORIOUSLY to the rank of Officer in the Special Covert Intelligence Operations Nexus. This Officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto pertaining.
And I do strictly charge and require all personnel of lesser grade to render obedience to appropriate orders. And this Officer is to observe and follow such orders and directives as may be given, from time to time, by me or other leaders of S.C.I.O.N. in all manner of things pertaining to S.C.I.O.N.

Given under my hand, on stardate 11212.02
RavenDark13, Commanding

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 pm
Profile YIM

By the way, S.C.I.O.N. has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for inactivity. Anyone that goes inactive without requesting leave will be kicked from the legion.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am
Profile YIM

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities of Zoidberg, I do hereby appoint this member to the rank of Officer in the Special Covert Intelligence Operations Nexus. This Officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto pertaining.
And I do strictly charge and require all personnel of lesser grade to render obedience to appropriate orders. And this Officer is to observe and follow such orders and directives as may be given, from time to time, by me or other leaders of S.C.I.O.N. in all manner of things pertaining to S.C.I.O.N.

Given under my hand, on stardate 11212.07
Haile, Executive Officer S.C.I.O.N

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:46 pm

"Can you keep secrets? Can you know something and never say it again?"

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 am
Profile YIM

SCION Officer MaraClair has reached a landmark as of today, having a total of ONE TRILLION CREDITS in her bank.
This is an accomplishment indeed, as she lacks production, owning a meager half of the planets she can have at her rank.

Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Congratulations, Officer MaraClair on reaching this milestone. Well done!

Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 am
Profile YIM

Due to recent recruitment difficulties, I have taken the advice of my peers here and in other forums and have consolidated all members of SCION into one legion. Hence the rewrite of the introduction to this thread. Nevertheless, SCION moves forward into the future.

Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am
Profile YIM

Know Ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the fidelity and abilities of: Chade I do hereby appoint this member to the rank of Officer in the Special Covert Intelligence Operations Nexus. This Officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto pertaining.

Given under my hand, on stardate 11307.01
RavenDark13, Commanding

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 am
Profile YIM

Last edited by Chade on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm

We also have 18 of 19 CT-Lab discoveries, a plethora of planets to share and a wide array of both trade and battle pacts.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 am
Profile YIM

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:02 pm

We at SCION are currently accepting all ranks. Fixers and sabs preferred.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next