View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 80k arts a day, all in CT lab and more!. 

Yeah, it's ok if some wish to disagree - for those that want to gauge age only on the current incarnation of the legion system - does that mean that JoeBlow could go into Dysonian legion, take over and change it to _Guru_ then successfully allege they've the oldest legion. No. Change name, start your new path (yes you've kept the base), youre *supposed* to be 'new', I respect that. But Disciples does predate and is older. Now though - and I would be willing to concede here - is Disciples of Orion predated from the old system by a legion that maintained through the forging?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 am

[/quote]

Honey Badger dont care. Honey Badger dont give a sh t. It just takes what it wants. Others just pick up the scraps. Recruiting rank 500 and up.
Established 2 years, 6 months ago
Members 57 (100% active)
Average Rank 1046
Average Strength 54160

yes they are older.
do as we said and check the legion search.
and it doesnt matter that a DoO group was working together prior to the legion system. they were not a legion therefore that time doesnt count to them being an older legion.[/quote]

When did *Honey Badgers* come to be?
(No, it was not 2 and a half years ago)
I believe it to be about a year and a half to 2 years... or so... I would stand aside to something more accurate.
(HB - was it they (you?) that used to be RoO?)
(As HB did not exist at this system implementation, they are not an older legion. Merely set up in older ruins, fortified them, and grew stronger.)

Last edited by Oggie on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 am

KJReed wrote:
im not frustrated nor am i hijacking. im just correcting.

Either way can you just leave it out please?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:52 am

Oggie wrote:

Honey Badger dont care. Honey Badger dont give a sh t. It just takes what it wants. Others just pick up the scraps. Recruiting rank 500 and up.
Established 2 years, 6 months ago
Members 57 (100% active)
Average Rank 1046
Average Strength 54160

yes they are older.
do as we said and check the legion search.
and it doesnt matter that a DoO group was working together prior to the legion system. they were not a legion therefore that time doesnt count to them being an older legion.[/quote]

When did *Honey Badgers* come to be?
(No, it was not 2 and a half years ago)
I believe it to be about a year and a half to 2 years... or so... I would stand aside to something more accurate.
(HB - was it they (you?) that used to be RoO?)
(As HB did not exist at this system implementation, they are not an older legion. Merely set up in older ruins, fortified them, and grew stronger.)[/quote]
HB= Project Anarchy renamed

Predator524 wrote:
KJReed wrote:

Either way can you just leave it out please?

at this point i figured a new thread was going to be made either way.

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:09 am

Noci once told me he Took he best players From DOO and made the dysions. Congrats your the oldest and always Second Best!

I only came in cause of blantent lie. next time say we the best or some thing. some thing that by opinion can be true.

Infact your legion is so Good you guys rift Irrads and upgrade MP buildings to +12. yull must be losing your minds in your old age.

From what I hear, DOO , stormkin and PA where all made Before the legion system came out. conected by Face Book group alone. not sure who can 1st.. and are any of u even oraganle DOO. not even many of them left??

Also did you try to Say THB was ROO and changed there name. .. BRO I was Officer of ROO , back in its top ten glory Days. THB was called PA! ROO and PA where 2 Diff legions.

To add more to this was DOO not around 5 legions bif worth of players with many many leaders?? are you even the DOO your trying to be?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 am

I'm sorry not all the best from DOO went to the Dysonians.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:39 am

By your own rules, if THB is disqualified due to name change, then DoO is disqualified from being oldest too, because it was established under the name Disciples of Orion2, and the number has since been dropped. :P

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:45 am
Profile WWW

Annabell wrote:
By your own rules, if THB is disqualified due to name change, then DoO is disqualified from being oldest too, because it was established under the name Disciples of Orion2, and the number has since been dropped. :P

:D

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:46 am

itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:
Noci once told me he Took he best players From DOO and made the dysions. Congrats your the oldest and always Second Best!

I only came in cause of blantent lie. next time say we the best or some thing. some thing that by opinion can be true.

Infact your legion is so Good you guys rift Irrads and upgrade MP buildings to +12. yull must be losing your minds in your old age.

From what I hear, DOO , stormkin and PA where all made Before the legion system came out. conected by Face Book group alone. not sure who can 1st.. and are any of u even oraganle DOO. not even many of them left??

Also did you try to Say THB was ROO and changed there name. .. BRO I was Officer of ROO , back in its top ten glory Days. THB was called PA! ROO and PA where 2 Diff legions.

To add more to this was DOO not around 5 legions bif worth of players with many many leaders?? are you even the DOO your trying to be?

I believe your meds to be past due. You seem to be seeing things that aren't there and not seeing things that are.
(Yes, Noci said that, a lot. Noci said a lot of things, some based in reality, some things were opinion. 'Best' commentary are ALWAYS opinion.)
But 'Best'? Where, in any postings did I state or even allude to 'best'?? What is your rant and freak out over someone Rifting an irradiated?? Are you ok?
RE: THB - RoO, I left room to be wrong and stated rather clearly I was uncertain. That was ALREADY cleared up by another. Project Anarachy changed to Honey Badgers. It's ok, it's not a 'blanket lie', I left room to be corrected and readily accept that correction (see KJReed's posting where he does so, really, go ahead, I'm not making it up.)
RoO eventually became Technomages. See? Everything is going to be O-K.
I well am aware that PA and RoO were very different legions. I remember back to the days when CaptainQuark was an officer in PA (good person, BTW)

It's up to you, after a few deep breaths, and before the next coffee intake, go ahead, go back and read again. You missed much and imagined the rest. /hugs

Annabell wrote:

Looks like I get to go back and do more homework to be sure. When this legion system began, I was inducted into Adepts of Orion under Smithe or Smithy... don't remember which fella it was. It was Adepts of Orion but it was referred to as DoO3? DoO4 ...blah, I don't remember which number.
Eventually I was... oh... transferred to DoO So, my recollection is that each was established as named but referred to with the number system - If Iam correct, then I continue to stand with the assertion. If you remember more correctly, and they were named as the numbers, then I would concede to you (It is the naming, not the 'referring'). I'm consistent.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 am

Oggie wrote:
itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:

I believe your meds to be past due. You seem to be seeing things that aren't there and not seeing things that are.
(Yes, Noci said that, a lot. Noci said a lot of things, some based in reality, some things were opinion. 'Best' commentary are ALWAYS opinion.)
But 'Best'? Where, in any postings did I state or even allude to 'best'?? What is your rant and freak out over someone Rifting an irradiated?? Are you ok?
RE: THB - RoO, I left room to be wrong and stated rather clearly I was uncertain. That was ALREADY cleared up by another. Project Anarachy changed to Honey Badgers. It's ok, it's not a 'blanket lie', I left room to be corrected and readily accept that correction (see KJReed's posting where he does so, really, go ahead, I'm not making it up.)
RoO eventually became Technomages. See? Everything is going to be O-K.
I well am aware that PA and RoO were very different legions. I remember back to the days when CaptainQuark was an officer in PA (good person, BTW)

It's up to you, after a few deep breaths, and before the next coffee intake, go ahead, go back and read again. You missed much and imagined the rest. /hugs

Annabell wrote:

Looks like I get to go back and do more homework to be sure. When this legion system began, I was inducted into Adepts of Orion under Smithe or Smithy... don't remember which fella it was. It was Adepts of Orion but it was referred to as DoO3? DoO4 ...blah, I don't remember which number.
Eventually I was... oh... transferred to DoO So, my recollection is that each was established as named but referred to with the number system - If Iam correct, then I continue to stand with the assertion. If you remember more correctly, and they were named as the numbers, then I would concede to you (It is the naming, not the 'referring'). I'm consistent.

So what your saying is Come Join us we are VERY , VERY old. ) yet mid rank at best. ) so join a legion with hardly active mega slow ranking leadership??

But any ways.. You where a DOO member back in the day and your hoping to use there fame to get you members??

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 am

itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:

So what your saying is Come Join us we are VERY , VERY old. ) yet mid rank at best. ) so join a legion with hardly active mega slow ranking leadership??

But any ways.. You where a DOO member back in the day and your hoping to use there fame to get you members??

See?? Now, THAT is a LOT better. I especially like the parts that were immediately comprehensible! Keep up the good work!

Wait... upgrade MP buildings to +12?? Who/ Why???!?
I, myself, did once take a planet where someone did similar, but that was a take over, not an upgrade I did.
Might that also be what happened there?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:12 am

KJReed wrote:

sry, but your argumentation is wrong... you made it easy way and also wrong way.

What you say is actually how long the legion/legion base exists in records of GL... not how long the legion/legion base does run under same name and more less same crew = getting stronger/growing/raising.

taking in consideration the trade of legion bases etc. many of existing legions would end up "being" older than they does exist under one name. completely wrong to check only per record of creation.

Dysonians are disbanded, yet oldest legion.. would you state the similar in case they change legion name to XYZ and will be maybe 100th legion in rank/strenght?
I strongly doubt.

Last edited by Flux on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 am

Well I edited to a different title until we can be more sure.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am

Bump

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

bump

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 pm

bump.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Flux wrote:
KJReed wrote:

sry, but your argumentation is wrong... you made it easy way and also wrong way.

What you say is actually how long the legion/legion base exists in records of GL... not how long the legion/legion base does run under same name and more less same crew = getting stronger/growing/raising.

taking in consideration the trade of legion bases etc. many of existing legions would end up "being" older than they does exist under one name. completely wrong to check only per record of creation.

Dysonians are disbanded, yet oldest legion.. would you state the similar in case they change legion name to XYZ and will be maybe 100th legion in rank/strenght?
I strongly doubt.

You're just silly, SteelWolverine is absolutely correct. The Honey Badgers are clearly the oldest legion that's "still going strong" in the game now.

They may not call themselves Project Anarchy, but that's still who they are, their core hasn't really changed, and they would wipe the floor with the Disciples of Orion, even if they had all their weapon modules offline.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

Oggie wrote:
Disciples of Orion predates the current legion system.
When the legion system, as it currently is, began (2 and a half years ago?) - many FROM Disciples of Orion fractured out.
FROM that core came Disciples of Orion, Republic of Orion, Knights of the Nova Republic - for some time: efforts were made to remain cohesive - which was not durationally successful.

At the dawn of the this new system, Noci realized attempts to remain sister legions were unlikely to be successful and led a way towards the Dysonians.

Honey Badgers is ... how old - year and a half? Year and 3/4? - Since they changed name (Used to be RoO?)

So no, they are not older.

Republic of Orion is no more.
Salute to Dysonians - but alas it appears they are no more.
Knights of the Nova Republic is now Army of Darkness.

Honey badges used to be The Dominion which used to be Project Anarchy. RoO is now known as The Technomages. Go DoO!

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:01 am

Predator524 wrote:
Disciples of Orion challenge the population to find an older legion than us that is still going strong!

Predator524 wrote:
Why are you hijacking?

:roll:

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:09 am

Wow, awesome thread - love the insight in GL history!

I have no idea of course, as I'm far too young in the game, but based on sympathy I'd vote for DoO :)

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next