View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Be Ancient ... be ... UNTOUCHABLE ! 

senatorhung wrote:
umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
First things first, I tried to PM you about it, to keep it discrete, but it wouldn't send.

the pm link is just under the post. works fine for me. if you did not intend to be malicious ... fine ... but you had Cupcake and Astartus who already proved how childish some of your members can be about 'keeping things discrete' ... and since you are an officer ... an o.comm would have worked just as well. so, please pardon me if i sense a hint of BS.

Well as I say, I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't go through. You can choose not to believe me, it wouldn't surprise me....

umbongo wrote:
Secondly, I think we both know the real reasons why you no longer base with us.

oh, i'm sure you think you know, but do you really want your dirty laundry aired out in public ? if so, i am happy to oblige. let's see ...

- consistently having members overhit on glass bases before ffa Mr Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.... No need for name calling eh
- having members slink away when they find out a base is chewier than they expected and excusing themselves with a 'no one is on at this time of day' Whilst I havent seen evidence of this, the more likely explanation is they were sick of having to do all the damage when we know there would only be 3 members max from AU bothering to hit...
- ongoing badging of AU members with zero apologies ... instead we heard whining about the legion logo change ... as if the legion name is not RIGHT ABOVE the attack button As one of the people who did this, and never checks legion names, nor ship names, you were warned multiple times that it was a risk you faced. You chose that route

... oh i could go on and on and on and on about inter.legion irritants but we could have put up with those ... however:

- sharing ONE base with AU in the final 2 weeks of the pact, while AU aimed to share 3 bases a day ... that GoI and KoI regularly joined in on because, well YOU WEREN'T SHARING YOUR LOCKED BASES Oh we were sharing bases... just AU weren't getting the shares. Too many overhits on easy bases, and a major lack of any help (ever) on anything harder than a glass base... Gentry and Knights at least bother to pull their weight.

there is not much point in a battle pact if bases are not being shared on a regular basis. if you are going to try to shame someone else in public, make damn sure you know what you are talking about first. As I say, I never intended to shame, I merely pointed out an error in your recruiting post. You chose to be shamed by it... maybe my comment hit a nerve as to a shortcoming in your legion that you recognise.

umbongo wrote:
Finally, talking about classy, how's about alerting LoI planets as FFA to your lower members, knowing full well they couldn't keep hold of them and would get zeroed? We know it was you (flux probe tracer anyone...)

lol. our rank 40 had issues with upkeep so i alerted that undefended maxed VL toxic for giggles. rank 40 taps it once and gets zeroed by REX. real classy ... but i just learned to expect that from REX given what i saw on the LAG inter.legion chat.

so yeah, AU is now basing with 4 other legions who appreciate what we bring to the table. i wish GoI and KoI well. I am glad they appreciate the 3 or 4 hitters who might bother to do any work....

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 pm

yeah, this is AU's recruitment topic and yet you keep coming to crap in it. continuing the classy effort i see !

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
- consistently having members overhit on glass bases before ffap
Mr Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.... No need for name calling eh

errr. wrong. any AU member overhitting on a glass base (or downing a base before ffa) was soft.kicked from the legion for a first violation (losing access to bases for a week and missing out on the base raid if we caught it in time) and perma.kicked for a second violation. among LoI pilots there were multiple REPEAT offenders with nary a penalty (clamping YOUR base does not count as compensation to your battle pact partners and provides zero disincentive to the offender who gets a lovely 100% raid crate).

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
- having members slink away when they find out a base is chewier than they expected and excusing themselves with a 'no one is on at this time of day'
Whilst I havent seen evidence of this, the more likely explanation is they were sick of having to do all the damage when we know there would only be 3 members max from AU bothering to hit...

evidence was on o.comm so you must have been asleep for a few days. it is to your credit that you try to keep standing up for your legion, but i can see how challenging it is when you do not have a leg to stand on.

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
- ongoing badging of AU members with zero apologies ... instead we heard whining about the legion logo change ... as if the legion name is not RIGHT ABOVE the attack button
As one of the people who did this, and never checks legion names, nor ship names, you were warned multiple times that it was a risk you faced. You chose that route

yeah, i get that LoI pilots feel that they are above everyone else and could not be bothered to check legion names. GoI and KoI pilots never had that problem. and oh, AU was WARNED ? by who ? you expected AU to be your b*tch ? sorry if i don't bark like a dog. the only 'warning' we got was when an AU member was badged and when this was brought up in o.comm, we got a snarky response from the LoI member. and the battle pact was cancelled a few minutes later.

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
- sharing ONE base with AU in the final 2 weeks of the pact, while AU aimed to share 3 bases a day ... that GoI and KoI regularly joined in on because, well YOU WEREN'T SHARING YOUR LOCKED BASES
Oh we were sharing bases... just AU weren't getting the shares. Too many overhits on easy bases, and a major lack of any help (ever) on anything harder than a glass base... Gentry and Knights at least bother to pull their weight.

wow, an admission that you were not sharing bases with AU. thank you for confirming that. however, the fact that GoI and KoI kept accepting AU's base locks meant that your members weren't sharing with them EITHER. and no offense to Sixt9, but when KoI had only 12 active members ... it is hard to see they could do more damage than AU members did, even proportionately.

it is clear enough that you wanted AU gone and actively sought to force us to act so that you could portray yourselves as the victims. i shed a tear for your pain. but i'm glad that we were able to bring this sort of duplicity to light so that your other potential battle pact legions can learn from our mistakes.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
yeah, this is AU's recruitment topic and yet you keep coming to crap in it. continuing the classy effort i see !
You are spouting crap about LOI... I am just responding to those points. Heck, if you kept your recruitment post accurate, this would never have happened.

errr. wrong. any AU member overhitting on a glass base (or downing a base before ffa) was soft.kicked from the legion for a first violation (losing access to bases for a week and missing out on the base raid if we caught it in time) and perma.kicked for a second violation. among LoI pilots there were multiple REPEAT offenders with nary a penalty (clamping YOUR base does not count as compensation to your battle pact partners and provides zero disincentive to the offender who gets a lovely 100% raid crate).
Clamping is the punishment we choose. I can't think of many occasions where people overhit without providing a reason and paying the fine... Just because you didn't hear the reason, doesn't mean there wasn't one...

evidence was on o.comm so you must have been asleep for a few days. it is to your credit that you try to keep standing up for your legion, but i can see how challenging it is when you do not have a leg to stand on.
considering I am only a recently promoted officer... If there was anything there, I may have missed it. What I do have is experience on months of bases... LOI do not need to slink away from any base. Heck there is another thread, still on the front page of the forum, with multiple people talking about how impressive LOI are at basing. Come back when you have more than three members willing to do more than 1K damage to a base...

yeah, i get that LoI pilots feel that they are above everyone else and could not be bothered to check legion names. GoI and KoI pilots never had that problem. and oh, AU was WARNED ? by who ? you expected AU to be your b*tch ? sorry if i don't bark like a dog. the only 'warning' we got was when an AU member was badged and when this was brought up in o.comm, we got a snarky response from the LoI member. and the battle pact was cancelled a few minutes later.
More accurately- I see a weak ship, I kill a weak ship... I don't bother checking legion names as I want to get as much killing done with the time I spend on GL. I avoided Infinity ships as the logo is easily recognisable. Well, by me for one...I posted on the shared page multiple times that it would be an issue (but you will conveniently forget about that). The battle pact had been stagnant for long before it was cancelled.

wow, an admission that you were not sharing bases with AU. thank you for confirming that. however, the fact that GoI and KoI kept accepting AU's base locks meant that your members weren't sharing with them EITHER. and no offense to Sixt9, but when KoI had only 12 active members ... it is hard to see they could do more damage than AU members did, even proportionately.
We did try, but it is hard to share bases to legions who already have a base locked... Or do you not get that most basic of legion combat rules. (which also ironically meant you weren't sharing that base with us... whoops). I havent got damage logs, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they actually could!!

just admit that you wanted AU gone and actively sought to force us to act so that you could portray yourselves as the victims. i shed a tear for your pain. but i'm glad that we were able to bring this sort of duplicity to light so that your other potential battle pact legions can learn from our mistakes.
Learn from your mistakes? What mistake was that- Locking bases that you wholly intended to do no damage to and expect others to take down for you? Overhitting weak bases, then moaning about others doing the same? If we wanted AU gone, we wouldn't need to force them out, to portray ourselves in any kind of light. I think in ALL Bps if a legion stops pulling their weight, they get dropped. Again there is a post on the front page where a top 10 legion supposedly stopped pulling its weight, and they got dropped... You guys unfortunately suffered the same fate.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE GUYS

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE GUYS

I pointed out a mistake in AUs recruitment post
Senatorhung took it the wrong way
Back and forth about whether or not LOI is weak at basing /s/

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank you, umbongo.

I have neither the patience nor memory to read the entire back and forth and make sense of it. Your summary effectively covered all the pertinent issues and is appreciated. Good day to you!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Thank you, umbongo.

I have neither the patience nor memory to read the entire back and forth and make sense of it. Your summary effectively covered all the pertinent issues and is appreciated. Good day to you!

And to you Pongo. :)

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:34 pm

umbongo wrote:
considering I am only a recently promoted officer... If there was anything there, I may have missed it.

hmm, was not aware that you were only recently promoted. so congrats and i give you the point that you may not have seen the o.comm.

umbongo wrote:
More accurately- I see a weak ship, I kill a weak ship... I don't bother checking legion names as I want to get as much killing done with the time I spend on GL. I avoided Infinity ships as the logo is easily recognisable. Well, by me for one...I posted on the shared page multiple times that it would be an issue (but you will conveniently forget about that). The battle pact had been stagnant for long before it was cancelled.

so you avoid badging Infinity 1 and Finate Infinity as well ? because they share your logo ? as for the shared page, i am not a member of that (since last fall thanks to Rex) so i never saw your warning and none of the other AU officers / leaders saw fit to pass it on. and yes, i agree that the battle pact was stagnant.

umbongo wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
wow, an admission that you were not sharing bases with AU. thank you for confirming that. however, the fact that GoI and KoI kept accepting AU's base locks meant that your members weren't sharing with them EITHER.

We did try, but it is hard to share bases to legions who already have a base locked... Or do you not get that most basic of legion combat rules. (which also ironically meant you weren't sharing that base with us... whoops).

and this is where you kill your own argument. the fact that GoI and KoI could join in on OUR locks meant that (a) they saw the shares from both LoI and AU and chose to join our lock or (b) you did not share your lock with anyone so that ours was the only lock they could join. you pick which one of those would make LoI look better.

we attempted to share EVERY lock we made with LoI, barring the 3-day timeouts that we imposed whenever a LoI member overhit on a base we alerted. and when that happened with 3 out of 4 bases ? yeah, we were not happy. but we kept giving you chances to shape up.

umbongo wrote:
I think in ALL Bps if a legion stops pulling their weight, they get dropped.

agreed. that is why we punted LoI to the curb. our mistake was trying to make the pact work for months longer after it was clearly not working out. we were willing to continue basing with GoI and KoI but whatever ultimatum you gave to them scuppered that as well. is this class over yet ?

_____________Image

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
agreed. that is why we punted LoI to the curb. our mistake was trying to make the pact work for months longer after it was clearly not working out. we were willing to continue basing with GoI and KoI but whatever ultimatum you gave to them scuppered that as well. is this class over yet ?

Hahahaha... ruined any potential argument you were trying to make. Kicked us to the curb- like you were actually assisting us with anything. If you were actually active in it in any way, you could describe it as cutting a millstone from around our necks...

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Congrats LoI.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 pm

AU has to continue the trend and surpass LoI on the board, follow the trend of former sub legions!

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Billik wrote:
AU has to continue the trend and surpass LoI on the board, follow the trend of former sub legions!

oh it will happen. the only misconception is that AU was EVER a sub.legion of LoI. we only based with them. even the trade pact was cancelled months ago to get better battle pacts with other legions.

_____________Image

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:59 pm
Profile WWW

:? They were when I was Infinity but a lot can happen in 1.5 years

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:01 am

Have seen LOI in battles joining with us, or vice versa...they kicked some space butt....+1 to their team

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 am

Ancient Untouchables is a great legion. I would highly recommend joining if you are a slow ranker.

I do hope you guys do well without us. For you have already been replaced with a legion that wants to be apart of infinity xD

There comes a time when all good things come too an end and both parties had enough of each other as far as I can tell. Whatever the reasons this is not the place to discuss it.

Good luck trying to beat us on the leader boards if that is your goal.

@LoI members please leave this thread alone.

@Sen, you have a strong ship (after tapping you twice) lol.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am

Ancient Untouchables ... Imagesign up TODAY !

We have a level 8 base pushing out over 85k arti production to every member every day.

We have a Mission Control Center so you can collect relic badges and max out your legion mission mods with NO restrictions on task selection.

We have ALL 21 ct-lab recipes currently available.

Every 8 hours, we take down an enemy base with our 3 battle pact partners ... we try to target 6's, but will take a glass 5 if we have burnt enough red badges. your Anubix could be maxed in a month !

We are currently in the top50 on the the GL leaderboard for legion strength.

We have all types of players (PvP, mission, NPC, slow rankers, SSB, etc.).
* 2 top10 PvP killers in the galaxy
* 2 of the top30 raiding Marauders
* a top20 hacker
* premiere slow.ranking experts
* small ship build experts
* tough PvP fighters with an enviable history of punching harder and outlasting more blows than opponents expect.

Current Leadership:

Wrath7: Image
Quote:
"planet alerted free for all. Owner Inactive."

TheBlackPearl: Image
PhantasyStar wrote:
"Yo. Join now and I'll show you how to pimp your ship."

Senatorhung: Image
Quote:
"action counts are there to be taken"

Lust7: Image
Quote:
"We have awesome ship builders that will refit any ship: laughable, balanced or savage ..."

Gluttony7: Image
Quote:
"I can do this {freeze rank} for a year lol."

UnRepentant: Image
Quote:
"War Mode Please"

If your current situation is not working to your satisfaction, come fly with Ancient Untouchables !

previous recruitment topics:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2080

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21361

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28994

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33476

_____________Image

Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:38 am
Profile WWW

It's a New Year, hop on guys!

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:27 pm

bumping for February to get us back on the main page.

currently looking for folks rank 300 to 750 who want to work on maxing out their legion mission mods without getting skipped. NO TASK RESTRICTIONS.

_____________Image

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

bio-con prime lepus base alerted in legion ... need a couple more rank 500+ players to help disrupt it and down it.

feel free to swing on by !

_____________Image

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

bumping back to the front page ;)

holding legion average rank above 400 to ensure that the 2d round legion missions stay in the selection pool.

_____________Image

Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2