View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Obsidian Order Level 6 Insidious Recruitment thread 

Welcome to the Dark Side

Darkness falls in the Universe
We awaken a insidious new order that will shake the galaxy to the core

Legion has been operating 3 months - previously Obsidian Dawn - then "The Empire of the Space (a hijack of the legion)
so Officially (as the founder) I got it changed back to something more sinister

My original Co-founder -went inactive - so I bumped him off - I left a message for him - so if he wants he can come back

So Im officially looking for capts - preferably 100+...but i'll take 50+ members at least a few of them

It will be open to all - provided you stay active
we give Temp immunity to fixers and aerlens on activity for now - but my patience is thin on inactivity - you get a few months

everyone else only gets 1 week

THE BASE: The Obsidian Scarab

updated : FEB 20 ,2015

Base is a level 6 Research + artifact base with CT lab - 19 discoveries
Approx
research 180k base prod - shared evenly currently
artifact 520K base prod - shared evenly currently

without legion bonuses

so artifact best prod is 1.4M
research would be around 500k max
that's bases total output

been recently expanded(base expanders) to accommodate 3rd beacon and extra production

the base also has a UST
previous donors have made an easy upgrade path to level 4
- a big thx you should go to Joncannaan for his help contributions and efforts

and a big thanks to smooth's return and energydrop bringing us to level 5
as well as woosh's contribution to upgrade our base

A big thx shoud go to Nferno for Level 6

Whats needed for level 7:
Only CTP and energy - it will be awhile before I post any countdown here

a few more officers and some higher level players would be nice

Rules

1 week of inactivity will be allowed
if you need more you request in advance the reason(there is a comm - use it - i read it) - or make a spot request in the middle of your hiatus

Im very well a reasonable person that realizes that people have lives - breaks are need for illness, vacation,holidays,etc
so just be courteous enough to inform your fellow legion members

Legion activity aids the other fellow teammates and the base
so even if you can sign in and do something even for a few mins provides help - ie find a way to make a few mins avail to stay active

I may may exceptions for higher level players
aerlens and fixers also get a temp pass

If you want to leave or go inactive then graciously do it yourself than to wait for us to remove you
in this way you do not hamper your fellow legion members

be active in the comm
there are many that need help and assistance (training and advice)
(and please ask for advice - this way we can help you achieve better results and a more rewarding time playing the game)

share amongst each other
if you need artis' or planets lets ones that can help you know
as team leader I do have quite a few artis... and as an explorer a good planet list usually (if I haven't drained all the good ones yet)

do alerts together on elites and planets when you can - this requires activity - so you can catch alerts (So you can be there to help your fellow legion member)
what may be impossible for 1 person may require 2-3 to do and you may earn good arti's doing them
all it requires is that members check-in and help out - most Alerts last for several hours

#6 no multi-ships allowed - players can only keep one - if you fail to do that you will be kicked

#7 Keep ship names clean - no foul language or body parts please - I will ask you to change it or dan(game dev) will enforce it if flagged

#8 Do not steal planets from Pact partners - common sense here if they are feeding base locks not to mess with it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base takedown procedure

1. The issuing legion takes the base down unless that team request assistance

2. all members take 1 hit (only) - exception made with invited legions when you can take an extra shot or two for a better silver
if you want more silvers then I as capt may allow everyone to take an extra shot or two to pass me by so lower members get better silver counts
I can live with 1 silver every once in awhile because I will be getting more when I take down bases

3 . the largest member(s) avail takes down the base in the last hour (sooner if notification is specified)
why? - that person does the greatest damage for least power and takes the least damage

an exception is made for easy bases and request for takedown must be given (and you still have to wait til last hours so lagging members have an opportunity for a badge)

occasionally more than 1 will be needed (hard bases) - which will require organization of members for takedown
and I don't mind given the best silvers to another team if they can bring down a hard base
(but then there should be a request for help)

4 the invited team only take 1 hit per member on the base (which allows for the issuing team to max out on the silvers for the base)
the invited team should not be so greedy to take all the silvers from the issuing team - let alone all the highest silver badges
(that's not fair and it's greedy)

5 if it's an easy base and you want to take the base down request it otherwise the biggest fish has the responsibility
if we feel like it's easy enough we will probably let you do it

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BASELOCK RULES

1. Be certain you are willing to use reds for baselocks - Id rather have you use them to improve your guns until you are around dominion MKIII's
2. PM me to get baselock info
3. Once you get info from me - scan and check with info I gave you prior to locking a base
4. Team will use base hit caps (maximum number of hits to take down)- ask me or capts what it currently is
we avoid wasting power trying to take down hard bases this way

5 follow takedown procedures after starting baselock
6. invite our allies on baselocks when we can (as soon as we can)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Planet Scanning run techniques

1.Get a calming device
2.increase scanner research prior to doing run (preferrably 2-3 levels)
3.plan to do your ship changes with scanning run - that means doing your ship research and holding up plans to upgrade until after you do the run
(this save added expenses for dropping hardware- ie selling and buying it back)

4 get a tachyon cylinder and a subspace seeker
5.get a styrll seeker and a continuum beacon (more important at higher scanning levels than step 4)
6.Charge up to full power (removing any conduits for fill power - great at level up anyways- so try to coincide with levelup)
7 when you are ready activate calming device (this requires 24hr of none combat)
8 remove defenses and guns and anything else to make room for maximum scanners (be careful not to remove devices that improve scanning)
if you have room in cargo - no biggy -if you don't sell off things that are cheapest to replace - or sell of old hardware you were planning to upgrade

** remember you are going to reconfig ship at this time anyways - place new guns and defenses on so selling isn't ant issue then

9. add your new scanners (the best you have -should be a maximum of 5 scanners)
10. activate step 4 devices and step 5 devices if you have them
11 scan for planets until you either are out of energy or seeing no benefit from further scanning - lots of fails
12. remove your scanners keeping only that which you need for regular PVP,NPC gaming
13 reconfig your ship with the new hardware for your ship - new guns,hull and defenses
14 go back to regular gaming until next run

...and my favorite
15.Salivate over new planet list plus any new enemy planets that are lucrative and plan future invasions

It's also a good idea to "KEEP A LARGE PLANET LIST"
why? = because when you get hack - depending on your attackers abilities you can get critically hack and they get the location of one of your planets

if you have nothing but good planets and mostly occupied by you your enemy gets the location of a juicy planet

where as if you like me where i have around 500 planets and only 10% occupied by me - that leaves a 90% miss ratio for a hacker

this is why I use the planet scanning technique above - max our your planet scan (max energy - sweep until energy is depleted and planets are really hard to find)
this will leave you a large list

yeah you waste power and get nothing near the end - but it's expensive swapping out parts and buying scanners and selling them and then get new defensive modules again
so you don't want to do it often - so when you do it - you want to as much as you can

don't purge any (you can purge planet sales and planets you've shared) until you are about to do another planet sweep

-------------------------------------------

PVP and alert rules

1, No multi-raids/hacks allowed (basically no farming a person) - not fair
(disable and then raid 5 times and/or hack 5 times in the same disable)
(or to do it twice a day - and everyday in the week)

just imagine waking up and every point you earned for arti's or research was gone
just imagine that twice a day and every day for a week or two
ie no research or arti points or minerals for days or weeks - yes it's possible I had it happen to me

2. Don't farm a person every day either (refrain from it) if it's for revenge then use comm to tell us why and we might request an alert on him for payback

3. Don't alert a person for badging you - here are the options
a) check level and guns/defenses
- if the person is significantly stronger - refrain from hitting back (waste of energy and you'll take heavy damage)
wait until a later date and get even when you are much stronger and surpass them
b) don't bother with revenge - just hit weaker prey below you - Takes less energy and less damage - earn badges quicker
it's the chain of life - stronger Enemies hits you - you hit weaker (and then the weaker prey seeks even weaker for his kill)

4. if you inadvertently hit someone twice - send them a message and apologize - this may sometimes save an alert on you
(you will not get protection for an error or a purposeful multihit or farming)
if you alert the legion or member you hit yourself you can save a lot of trouble

5 Alerting for
a) multi raids/hacks is Fine - that's what you do - for me as top dog (XZ)- Im on my own - I'll eat it and get even later
(remember there is lots of small fodder/easy prey out there to feed on)

b) planet theft alert is proper too - however Legion can see whether the hit is worth it
i) if the planet is small count your blessings and let him have it - I can replace smalls easily - but why? you want large rich planets only - the larger... the better
ii)if the player is way above most of the team it would be fruitless to attempt it and would probably result in further losses
iii)attempt takeback - which would require checking defenses prior to alert
iv) payback hit if the player is reasonable level(remember you can hack and steal location of one of his unprotected -and attempt taking something more lucrative than one taken)

PS: To new members please post advice to add to first post or to help out this Recruitment thread - I'll update often

Last edited by XavZepherio on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 52 times in total.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey. Wondering if I could stop by for a bit. Maybe put some energy into your base.

Send a PM if interested.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 pm

everyone is welcome for the moment....the recruitment is open
(even for a visit)

if anyone has suggestion please pm me or post it here

Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 am

Base has just expanded - We achieved level 4

So come onboard and join us

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:58 am

Looking for Visitors to come over for a visit to help out

Nearing upgrade to level 5

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm

:D Still need new members to join our Legion, why not give us a try you have nothing to loose but your time :)

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

How much does each attempt cost in the CT lab?

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:07 pm

If you want to come and unlock a discovery for your medal - 10k

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

An update for people wanting to come use the CT lab to get their eureka medal.
It is at 12k RP per attempt. And there is no cost other that.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:08 pm

These guys are doing a good job of supporting and educating some new players. They were kind enough to let me hang out a few weeks and earn my Eureka medal, and they were very welcoming.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:14 pm

The CT Lab is still open to anyone

we are still looking for recruits and capts

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 am

Update - level 5 base acheived

Base mods already purchased - so it will be a max level 5 base

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Still active and growing
made the top 200 legions

Just CTP and energy needed for level 6
I have a chunk of CTP at bay already and EM to trade for energy or CTP

looking to have any smaller team merge with us

Can offer a number of slots for officers on a merger

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:17 pm

We acheived level 6

we need PVP players and players that want to do base locks on a regular basis
that means sharing the pain and using reds to scan bases

Everyone wants to save reds - it's not fair if a few people take all the pain and spend reds they could use as well as you to get battle artifacts

If you want base locks then use reds once in awhile - you have nothing to complain about asking for base locks if you don't spend reds to get them

had a few cry about it(and one leave) when they spent NO reds - not once - to get one

I can understand newbs and low end players starting out ...but anyone over level 100 should be able to spend a few

If any legion member needs a base lock list they can shoot me a PM here with a FB link

Last bumped by XavZepherio on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 pm.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]