View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Galactic Armada supports Spamming of their enemies. 

One of their members fragged my ship with containment missile, Ktyo torpedo, disarming bomb and an EMP. When I told the leaders that they had a spammer making them look bad, MGlancers58 said it was just part of the game, another leader Cheech2000 confirmed the support. The offender, AdmiralB was the offender. He even lied to his team members saying he only used ONE arti - the torpedo. But as the following shows, he was spamming pretty good:

3 hours, 39 mins ago From: AdmiralB
AdmiralB has hit your ship with a Krionite Torpedo, causing your shields to fully deplete
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has hit your ship with a Disarming Bomb. Your weapons will be 10% less effective temporarily
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has hit your ship with an EMP. Your defenses will be 10% less effective temporarily
View Your Ship
AdmiralB hacked you and set off your Quantum Firewall Trap!

I only bring this up because of all the negative press of using artifacts which, while under rank 100, were very helpful but since then, the only use for them are in the LAB.

I would recommend that we all use spam on Galactic Armada Since they DO support it's use and consider it FAIR PLAY.

What was even worse, He made it sound like this college grad and professional medical person was "crying" while it was ok for him to whine about the my using a halcyon trap while I take a break from fighting to rebuild my ship. It is so obvious that I am using a trap by just looking at the action area of my ship and see that the numbers a 3 disable, 5 raid and 5 hack. Simple enough and that doesn't involve using any trap spy devices.....

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 am

lcube50@live.com wrote:
One of their members fragged my ship with containment missile, Ktyo torpedo, disarming bomb and an EMP. When I told the leaders that they had a spammer making them look bad, MGlancers58 said it was just part of the game, another leader Cheech2000 confirmed the support. The offender, AdmiralB was the offender. He even lied to his team members saying he only used ONE arti - the torpedo. But as the following shows, he was spamming pretty good:

AdmiralB has hit your ship with a Krionite Torpedo, causing your shields to fully deplete
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has hit your ship with a Disarming Bomb. Your weapons will be 10% less effective temporarily
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has hit your ship with an EMP. Your defenses will be 10% less effective temporarily
View Your Ship

I only bring this up because of all the negative press of using artifacts which, while under rank 100, were very helpful but since then, the only use for them are in the LAB.

I would recommend that we all use spam on Galactic Armada Since they DO support it's use and consider it FAIR PLAY.

What was even worse, He made it sound like this college grad and professional medical person was "crying" while it was ok for him to whine about the my using a halcyon trap while I take a break from fighting to rebuild my ship. It is so obvious that I am using a trap by just looking at the action area of my ship and see that the numbers a 3 disable, 5 raid and 5 hack. Simple enough and that doesn't involve using any trap spy devices.....

o.m.g... I cannot believe you have started a thread in the legion section to complain about 1 CM, 1 Kri torp, 1 Disarming Bomb and an EMP and to call for everyone to arti spam the legion involved.
Un-be-lievable...

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 am

While here making an entry, AdmiralB returned and with the blessing of his legion did the folloing:

23 mins ago From: AdmiralB
AdmiralB attacked you and set off your Halcyon Trap!
24 mins ago From: AdmiralB
AdmiralB has struck your ship with a quantum flare, reducing your scan ability for a short time.
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has struck your ship with a positron cloud, disabling your cloaking ability for a short time.
View Your Ship
View Your Ship
AdmiralB has hit your ship with a containment missile. Your beneficial effects have been purged.
View Your Ship 2

AdmiralB has hit your ship with a Chaostatic Inhibitor, preventing your shields from recharging for 4 hours.
View Your Ship
Yes, within minutes of the last attempt, there he is again.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 am

um..STFU....take it like a man/boy/ whatever...if you feel insulted, spank the crap outta him..alert, etc... if your legion won't do jack about it, take matters into your own hands. If you are so weak you can't ..well, guess ya gotta suck it up. And/or find new legion who gives an eff.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 am

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 am

I'll be hunting down everyone mentioned in this thread and slapping them with my big stick..... then I'll be finishing off with a nice refreshing Koolaid, Oh Yeah!
:mrgreen:

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:57 am

if you dont like people using artifacts against you, then stop using artifacts on yourself, regardless of how you want to spin it, clicking on anything that affects your ship both positively and negatively is still spamming
90 x-charge cells? .. spamming
12 prisoners > still spamming

you just dont want to think of it.

also

its amazing

what

just

of

i dunno

these

can get rid of

also

anyone

can

be

disabled

while

not

online.

if

your

not

when

this

happened

stop

crying.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

I gather that as a rank 800 and others in my legion max out at 900, this guy is over that but he must have a snow day today and He isn't hurting me what so ever. I just thought there were others that have been #$&*@ slapped by this guy that had some amount of fortitude to stand up to a guy that does this :

1 hour, 57 mins - 2 hours, 6 mins ago From: AdmiralB
AdmiralB has hit your ship with a containment missile. Your beneficial effects have been purged.
View Your Ship

Yes, 28 times, he seems either obsessed, stupid, immature or all the previous. His combat status is laughable so have fun with him if you find him...

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 pm

or you could just have fun with him...
take all of the - im guessing - 10 actions he has ( 5 hacks / raids each )

add to that, if you were replacing buffs while he was shooting missiles at you, then your an idiot.
if he was just shooting 28 missles at you for the knee slapping good time it gives him, he's an idiot

either way, one or both of you are idiots.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 pm

they are in the game stop complaining and deal with it, they dont hurt you and if they do it takes 5 seconds to fix so dont waste peoples
time complaining about a legion being arti spammers cause it doesnt matter

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Location: The Dark Justice or quite possibly flux jacking your planets :)

Signature created by Necromancer

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am

So here's my plan. I have a guy who flares me like 12 times a day to hack me.. Which is fine. He gets a nominal amount of the 135k res I pull hourly. I get a red,a yellow and about 100k or resources when i as s ram his ships on raiding feasts. I use no arti's except tm's (for more raids). He wastes actions by spamming and i get real stuff.

People spamming you means they want to be slapped like bastard animals and you should keep the pimp hand strong.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 am

Using 1 of each artifact type does not constitute spam... being hit with say 20 EMP's.. that's spam...

It's sad but this is the only game that I have ever played with a pvp aspect that people actually whine about being 'debuffed'.. Really......

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:02 am

elerian wrote:
if you dont like people using artifacts against you, then stop using artifacts on yourself, regardless of how you want to spin it, clicking on anything that affects your ship both positively and negatively is still spamming

While this thread is clearly pointless, and consists of complaining over virtually nothing, and is probably in the wrong place if it even needed to be brought to the forum at all... this argument you keep making, which equates using buffs to spamming debuff artis, is patently ridiculous.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:11 pm

comaface wrote:
elerian wrote:

While this thread is clearly pointless, and consists of complaining over virtually nothing, and is probably in the wrong place if it even needed to be brought to the forum at all... this argument you keep making, which equates using buffs to spamming debuff artis, is patently ridiculous.

how so?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28gaming%29 wrote:
Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the repeated use of the same item or action.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

elerian wrote:
comaface wrote:
elerian wrote:

how so?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28gaming%29 wrote:
Spamming, in the context of video games, refers to the repeated use of the same item or action.

This definition would not apply to any of the items you mentioned here, since the game mechanics do not allow for buffs like these to be stacked, and it is therefore impossible to use more than one of any of these at a time. Pretty much the only possible exception would be if one is already having debuffs spammed against them, namely CMs, and is repeatedly re-applying the buffs (and even then, one is presumably doing other things in between re-applying the buffs, otherwise the re-application serves no real purpose).

If we're going by wikipedia definitions here, then the only type of spam which the use of artis like Rescued Prisoners or X-Charge Cells could conceivably fall under would be "skill spamming", except that this is described as "buff, debuff, and condition spamming [that] has the goal of making the player or his allies invulnerable, or the enemy too weak to react", which clearly does not encompass the use of these items. KVTs, and obviously spamming debuffs, might fit this definition (although in defense of KVT spamming, the game provides few other options for defending yourself); these artis do not.

Using Durtanium Brackets, Cells, Prisoners, Helmsmen, Scientists and so on is much more akin to, say, increasing one's HP and various attributes in an RPG by 'spending' points gained from leveling up or other bonuses than it is to spamming buffs, since their use fits neither the definitions of spam mentioned above, nor that of buff (which is generally a temporary rather than permanent effect), and the only reason the artis are even used repeatedly one after another is not because doing so bestows any particular advantage to the player or disadvantage to their opponents (it does neither), but because the game simply doesn't allow you to use them all at once, much to almost everyone's great annoyance.

This is all to say nothing of the fact that there is obviously a clear distinction between willingly using something that confers beneficial effects on yourself, and unwillingly having something detrimental repeatedly thrust on you by another party, and saying "if you don't like people using artifacts against you, then stop using artifacts on yourself" is sort of like saying that if you don't like someone drugging your food with sedatives every day, then you should stop taking your vitamins.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:23 pm

i dunno about you but sedatives are awesome

but a serious note i was just pointing out that spam by its definition in a gaming sense is just as i put it, or the wiki puts it for that matter, the repetative use of the same action.

i didnt say arti spam, which is still a use of prisoners or whatever on yourself, as it is still an arti, your still using it, it still applies though it does so in a permanent fashion.

of course taking the base definition, one could make the radical argument and say that GL is nothing but a spambox and anyone who does anything other than use GL for a chat room is effectivly spamming.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 pm

yawn....I called this thread a more serious spam attack then whatever occured to whatever ship.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:40 am

elerian wrote:
i dunno about you but sedatives are awesome

but a serious note i was just pointing out that spam by its definition in a gaming sense is just as i put it, or the wiki puts it for that matter, the repetative use of the same action.

i didnt say arti spam, which is still a use of prisoners or whatever on yourself, as it is still an arti, your still using it, it still applies though it does so in a permanent fashion.

of course taking the base definition, one could make the radical argument and say that GL is nothing but a spambox and anyone who does anything other than use GL for a chat room is effectivly spamming.

One could, if one wanted to broaden the definition to the point where it nullifies the distinction between actual spamming and just playing the game, which would essentially render the term meaningless... kind of like how extending it to include the act of, say, using RPs does.

If my fighter class in an RPG levels up and I put a bunch of points into 'strength' or some other attribute, does that fall under your umbrella of what constitutes spam?

Last edited by comaface on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:59 am

This is the best thread ever :lol:

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next