View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Looking to start a brand new legion from the ground up. 

Interest check. If anyone is interested in starting a new legion from the ground up, let me know!

I want a challenge, because gameplay has become monotonous, and I feel like starting a new legion, and growing it to be strong and successful is a really serious task.

PM me if you are interested in helping out with this, and being a part of an upcoming beast of a legion.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:47 pm

what rank are you?

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Rank 580, just shy of 10k energy.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Don't do it.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:28 pm

ICBLF wrote:
Don't do it.

lol

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Zaprito wrote:
Rank 580, just shy of 10k energy.

having set up a couple of legions myself, I can tell you now its quite the undertaking unless you know some big players... the ctp costs, the credits, the EM....its a huge task....best of luck, but i have to agree with the Fly....i wouldnt advise it unless you have some good contacts in-game.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Here's an idea...rank to past 1k, spend time collecting/saving resources...during that climb make some associations with others of similar level. Fly under the guidance of a bigger legion, then when you are ready...consider creation with a core of at least 4-5 decent ships as a sub/sister legion. Then accept everyone you can till you can afford to be picky.

Everyone wants to be king, but king of a dungheap ...well doesn't seem tasty

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:03 pm

juiceman wrote:
Everyone wants to be king, but king of a dungheap ...well doesn't seem tasty

Unless you are a Dung Beetle, then it seems pretty awesome and tasty.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:12 am

sigh..........

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not saying I only know important people or that I only know the more prominent people or only know the big powerful ships or etc. Etc.

That said I have no idea who you are and new legions that do well seem to typically be started by people who are already well known.

It also doesn't sound like fun trying to make a legion that might make it on the top 50 a year or 2 from now when instead you can join an established legion and try to take it to the next level. Like a certain top 40 legion? Join it and try to get it to top 20. You'll make friends.

Or make a new legion and be that annoying person desperate for new players who comments entirely in hopes of getting people to join your legion that is in a constant state of "rising up the leader boards" yet is never actually moving any further than +/- 10 ranks depending on visitors and traders.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
I'm not saying I only know important people or that I only know the more prominent people or only know the big powerful ships or etc. Etc.

That said I have no idea who you are and new legions that do well seem to typically be started by people who are already well known.

It also doesn't sound like fun trying to make a legion that might make it on the top 50 a year or 2 from now when instead you can join an established legion and try to take it to the next level. Like a certain top 40 legion? Join it and try to get it to top 20. You'll make friends.

Or make a new legion and be that annoying person desperate for new players who comments entirely in hopes of getting people to join your legion that is in a constant state of "rising up the leader boards" yet is never actually moving any further than +/- 10 ranks depending on visitors and traders.

lol, was that a sneaky dig at TF there Tree? :)

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Speaking of shake downs, lot of player shifts in legions of late. And people hiding under assuming new IGn's. I won't name names, but i think the astute and the crack-fiends will know of whom i speak.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Not particularly directed at the fallen but yes, the fallen is guilty of that along with a few others.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:02 am

Oooo how amusing

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:01 am

I will admit our growth has slowed considerably during the winter break. Many of us have been busy, and thats just proven to be incovenient. However, we will be renewing our efforts to continue growing the legion in this new year. We actually dont have much traders in here tbh, usually 0-1 members are temp.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:59 am

juiceman wrote:
lot of player shifts in legions of late. And people hiding under assuming new IGn's.

hey now i'd planned on changing it at rank 1000 for a while now so there!

to the OP though, you really should be aware and research what it means to start a new legion :
http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... d_Upgrades
**Note that once a base reaches level 2, the base can not be abandoned without contacting the game development team.
so if you change your mind or find its not working out for you, you should do so quickly
the big important thing that people will look for is the CTLab, which requires minimum level 4, to save you the click on the wiki link :
100k energy, 75k EM, 5k CTP + 1k CTP to build the CTLab
the other big thing is the ability to do missions, thats another 2.5k CTP, AND you need 15 active members to do it.

so for an enticing legion that is built from the ground up you are looking at a total cost of :
100k energy
75k EM
8.5k CTP

and thats just assuming you only go for a bare minimum base thats easy to disable
for a high end base your looking at GP spent.

and to maintain the base you need to have either good MPH, a backer, or several members willing to contribute to a level 4 base, to push it into level 5 as fast as possible. That level 5 upgrade costs a total of :
400k energy, 175k EM, and 5k CTP, ontop of the costs to get to level 4.

now if you have all the resources to instantly put it up to level 4, then i would advise finding friends that play that want to start thier own thing first, instead of blindly going about it and trying to attract people to your cause.

take the advise given here as you will but do note that some of the people that have replied to you have taken the time, and paid the costs to start and fund a brand new legion.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:10 am

elerian wrote:
so for an enticing legion that is built from the ground up you are looking at a total cost of :
100k energy
75k EM
8.5k CTP

and thats just assuming you only go for a bare minimum base thats easy to disable
for a high end base your looking at GP spent.

and to maintain the base you need to have either good MPH, a backer, or several members willing to contribute to a level 4 base, to push it into level 5 as fast as possible. That level 5 upgrade costs a total of :
400k energy, 175k EM, and 5k CTP, ontop of the costs to get to level 4.

sorry to say, but think you are looking at it wrong
yes it takes a few recurces to build up a level 5 base, but they hardly matter

the most importain recurce to make a successfull Legion is, not Energy, EM, CTP, credits or even GP's, they are all easy to get
but what you realy need is a core of 40+ active members who can finish a legion mission task, hunt NPC's, dump recearch into your TC lab, Talk on legion chat, etc etc etc

without active members, you dont realy have a legion.... and you wont be able to do legion missions, Get the NPC alerts you need to build up a level 7+ base, or even kill enemy bases to pick up E-crystals
so unless you have the members needed, you will just be wasting the recurces you throw into the base and hurting your own ship

but good luck, I do hope you you make it - but the chances of that is unfortunaly not very high

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 am

i was only providing the matierial cost component, while yes its easy to come by, at rank 500 without planninng for it, those resources may or may not be easily come by especially if you jump in without looking ahead first, and yes that was bad wordage on my part, it should have said *enticing base* for a level 4.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:34 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Not particularly directed at the fallen but yes, the fallen is guilty of that along with a few others.

To be fair, looking at the bigger picture, in 8 months we have gone from being outside the top 50 for rank, and near it for strength,with only 32 members, to inside top 40 for rank, and inside top 25 for strength, with 58 members. Id say that qualified as "rising" , wouldnt you Tree? And no, no traders here and thats without us all buffing up. :D

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 am

theire is a small difrence Stevo2012....

the fallen have.... Members: 59 (100% active)
and 11 of those are rank 1000+

your main weakness is the huge difrence in ranks in legion, as that makes sharing NPC harder
but if you can keep everyone active, you might even make it to top 10 someday

most new legions that start up, doesnt even get to the point where you are now
but simply die out due to lack of members and players going inactive

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next